Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central 37 - Letcher County Central 34 (14th Region Semi-Finals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final

Commodores Come Back To Win The Game After Trailing Most Of The Game
Great come from behind win. I really thought they were in trouble when beverly fouled out with about 2 minutes to go....
Freethows was a major factor. Logan Johnson missed a bunch of free throws. He was fouled on that last shot, but no call. Great improvement from last year.
Great come back from the Commodores. I thought coming into this year, the guard play would kill the Commodores but the guards proved they are for real and won this game for PCC. Beverly,Brewer, and Combs were PCC top 3 scorers tonight.

Congrats Perry Central, good luck tommorow night.
From what I heard it sounded similar to the Lee/Letcher game with Letcher playing the role of Lee Co in this one! Except this time it was close to the very end!

Congrats Commodores!
Congrats Commodores, good season LCC.
Gutsy victory.
At the beginning of the year, I definitely didn't have Perry Central in the regional finals. I thought they didn't have the guard play to compete for a regional title, but the young guards have developed tremendously under Hatcher. Congrats to Perry on the victory, bring the regional championship back to its rightful home! I'll be proud win or lose tomorrow though.
Also congrats to Letcher on a good season and for their improvement since last year.
Congrats to PCC and Coach Hatcher
Aslan Wrote:Gutsy victory.
At the beginning of the year, I definitely didn't have Perry Central in the regional finals. I thought they didn't have the guard play to compete for a regional title, but the young guards have developed tremendously under Hatcher. Congrats to Perry on the victory, bring the regional championship back to its rightful home! I'll be proud win or lose tomorrow though.
Also congrats to Letcher on a good season and for their improvement since last year.

:Thumbs:
cougarpride08 Wrote:Freethows was a major factor. Logan Johnson missed a bunch of free throws. He was fouled on that last shot, but no call. Great improvement from last year.

The air can't foul you, bro.
Kudos on the acting job though Wink
Letcher had a GREAT defensive gameplan in this one.
The Cornett brothers really weren't a factor.
They made the guards beat them and that's what happened.
However, the Dores need to improve that 3 pt shooting against Knott.
It was BAAADDDD tonight.
zaga_fan Wrote:The air can't foul you, bro.
Kudos on the acting job though Wink

lol.
Letcher Co. Central 2 10 11 11 34

Perry Co. Central 3 7 9 18 37

14th Region at Hazard
Semifinals

Letcher Co. Central (21-12) -- Gregory 11, Roark 7, Johnson 4, Stewart 4, Neace 5, Robinson 3.

Perry Co. Central (24-5) -- Di.Cornett 4, Da.Cornett 4, Combs 8, Brewer 5, Huff 4, Beverly 12.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1Fyk3WXOj
Cant figure this one out pull out the Neace boy and play a freshman for 2 turnovers back to back and he cant even get the ball to the rim for a lay up. Then the only player to have a 3 tonight was wide open in 4th and dont get him the ball. Have said it all year love watching Neace and Stewart play together and any Coach would do it that way.. Would be looking for a different school to play at if I was him if they not gonna use him. Just some advice..
The Cornetts combine for 8 points and Perry still wins, wow. If you would of told me that before the game, I'd said there's noway Perry plays in the finals tomorrow.
Congratulations on an exciting come from behind victory late in the game.
Congratulations to Letcher Central on a fine season.
That was definitely the 2 best teams in the region this year. Letcher was finally 100% healthy and it showed, they can play. Nice win for Perry even when the bigs didn't score much, would of never thought they could of pulled it out. Good luck with the wounded Pats tonight.
Congrats to the Dores. It should be a great regional title game. The 14th has a good draw for the state tourn. It would be nice to see them in the semifinals.
I wonder if Beverly was wearing a Ped-o-meter last night does anyone know?
I'd sure like to know how many steps he took..
perry will try and keep the score in the 20's id say. them big uns will be killed after 2 games in a row
I'm just glad that PCC is showing that they are very mortal...
Seems like every year in district/region.. More and more ppl jump on the PCC bandwagon on how they will win.. I will admit some games they look better, but others.... I just don't know about em'....

PCC is very mortal and could lose region tonight.
bradc Wrote:perry will try and keep the score in the 20's id say. them big uns will be killed after 2 games in a row

They won't be able to do it...
KCC will execute, they don't hold the ball for 5 minutes then try to do something..
Ballers Wrote:I'm just glad that PCC is showing that they are very mortal...
Seems like every year in district/region.. More and more ppl jump on the PCC bandwagon on how they will win.. I will admit some games they look better, but others.... I just don't know about em'....

PCC is very mortal and could lose region tonight.

[Image: duncan.bmp]

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
I've not seen Perry play that bad since 2007 against Buckhorn in district.
king360 Wrote:I've not seen Perry play that bad since 2007 against Buckhorn in district.

Now they didn't play THAT bad lol
king360 Wrote:I've not seen Perry play that bad since 2007 against Buckhorn in district.

Good lord, if we played that bad Letcher would have dropped 100 on us (think about that). From what I heard on the radio though, I would say it is the 2nd worst.
bradc Wrote:perry will try and keep the score in the 20's id say. them big uns will be killed after 2 games in a row

nothing a good snickers bar, chocolate milk, and a red bull wont fix. maybe 2 snickers bars. and 1 gallon of chocolate milk.
couldn't help but love seeing letcher give this one away. how many games have they gave away this year now? perry deserved this win, they had a lot of calls go against them. was johnson even at the game last night? as long as hammond is at LCC, don't expect anything more then a district title. congrats perry, go slaughter knott.
That is what happens when you start holding the ball at the end of the game. Kids now a days can not do that without turning the ball over and blowing the lead everytime. When are these coaches going to realize they don't need to change what was working. They were scoring and winning and changed everything that they were doing, and look what happened, they got their butts beat, AGAIN!!!!!!
Wall4president Wrote:That is what happens when you start holding the ball at the end of the game. Kids now a days can not do that without turning the ball over and blowing the lead everytime. When are these coaches going to realize they don't need to change what was working. They were scoring and winning and changed everything that they were doing, and look what happened, they got their butts beat, AGAIN!!!!!!

It is hard to argue with you!
Pages: 1 2