Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 58 Pike Co Central 53 (15th Region Semi Finals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Go Cats!!! Once again in the championship game!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to S.V. This shows you what team work and cooperation accomplishes.
How bout them Wildcats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to Valley on making it back to the Championship game.
School Admin. Wrote:Congrats to S.V. This shows you what team work and cooperation accomplishes.

You said it, a lot of schools could look at this team and learn from them and their exceptional team work. :popcorn:
Congrats to SV

And fellas what about Hobo! He averaged in 2 games...36.5 pts per game...
but he couldn't do it on his own...

Again Congrats SV
Congrats Shelby Valley!
pikevilleout Wrote:Congrats to SV

And fellas what about Hobo! He averaged in 2 games...36.5 pts per game...
but he couldn't do it on his own...

Again Congrats SV

How many did he have tonight?
I am so proud of this team. They have grown up so much!! They have one more step to make to complete the cinderella run! I believe in you boys!!! Does anyone have the stats breakdown?
this surprised me a little bit congrats SV, now it will surprise me alot more if they win the region
This is incredible. Congrats SV, they keep pulling off upsets.
Congrats valley. Pc had their foot on the throats of valley late in 3rd and could not put the dagger in the heart of the valley nation. All I can say is illadvised shots and trying to shoot your way out of a slump is not the way to win games. Pc was much more effective at driving into the lane and drawing the foul. It amazes me that you get two of the better defenders with 4 fouls and you then start setting double screens and jacking up 3s with the lead. But enough of ranting. Great season pc and it's been great hobo prob top 5 player to ever play at pc. Good luck valley in the finals.
Stats from the game?
What an effort by the Wildcats tonight. To be down 13 points midway through the 3rd and come back was amazing. Brett Reynolds was the man inside tonight, especially in the 2nd half. Rusty Roberts made some huge plays down the stretch as well. Hobo had to work very hard for his shots and he finally started missing some in the 4th quarter. What a weapon he is though. I couldn't be more proud of this team. They have shown so much improvement over the past month or so. I have to also say that Greg Newsome is the best high school coach around at executing inbounds plays under the basket. He did it in grade school (we once lost a county championship to him on one of them at the buzzer) and he continues to do it. Congratulations Coach Newsome, Coach Rowe, Coach Wright, and Coach Johnson. Good luck tomorrow Wildcats!

SV is now 23-3 in the 15th Region Tournament starting with the 01-02 season which was their first State Tournament appearance. Pretty impressive.
Great Victory.....Something that may be forgotten is the way the big man Belter started the game. Rebounding, passing and scoring he kept Valley close early. At one point I looked up and McCoy had 13 and Belter I think had eleven. The sky's the limit for the big man.
Congrats Valley!!!!!!!

What a great Coaching Job, and Team Effort from the Wildcats this season!!!

Good Luck in the championship game tmw night
5timechamp Wrote:Great Victory.....Something that may be forgotten is the way the big man Belter started the game. Rebounding, passing and scoring he kept Valley close early. At one point I looked up and McCoy had 13 and Belter I think had eleven. The sky's the limit for the big man.

I agree. Everyone at Dorton is so proud of him. He has improved a lot since the first of the season. He has become the main option on offense over the past few weeks. If he works to get stronger, he will be dominant in this region for the next 3 years. He and Andrew Newsome will make a great high/low combo.
So proud of the Wildcats! I am ashamed to say that I thought it was over late in the 3rd after Hobo's 4 pt play; I doubted you, Greg and the Wildcat mettle, but you proved me and everyone in the 15th wrong tonight. You have grown so much this season and have made the Valley faithful so proud! Good luck in the championship game!:1:
Congrats to Valley on a very impressive win tonight

Panthers can't wait to see ya at the Expo. GO PANTHERS!!!
Wow. Congrats Valley! Never expected to see them back in the Finals again this year. Congrats PC on a good season. Hobo McCoy is one amazing player.
Congrats Wildcats!!!
congrats to SV, i got you guys going to Rupp
Congrats to Shelby Valley this year.
Wow was at this game . If Valley can play tomorrow like they did in the fourth WoW. VALLEY IS HOME GAIN.
Don't foget the play of Reynolds. He was the difference maker tonight. He has to have that kind of game against Pikeville tomorrow. I just wonder why PCC did not offer weak side help on Reynolds. I also want to say that Coach Newsome also did a good job by not trying to fix something that was not broken. The line up that started the come back stayed in the game. They discovered the two man game and stayed with it. Driving to the basket with Roberts and Reynolds posting was to hard for PCC to handle. One more unsung hero (Jacob Robinson) great job defensively and did not turn the ball over under the pressure late. Everyone did a great job.
hypersport Wrote:Don't foget the play of Reynolds. He was the difference maker tonight. He has to have that kind of game against Pikeville tomorrow. I just wonder why PCC did not offer weak side help on Reynolds. I also want to say that Coach Newsome also did a good job by not trying to fix something that was not broken. The line up that started the come back stayed in the game. They discovered the two man game and stayed with it. Driving to the basket with Roberts and Reynolds posting was to hard for PCC to handle. One more unsung hero (Jacob Robinson) great job defensively and did not turn the ball over under the pressure late. Everyone did a great job.
:Thumbs:
Congrants to Valley go beat Pikeville for us, but I want to say thank you to Hobo McCoy for the great 4 years this kid gave to Pike Central. I wish you the best of luck at Pikeville College next year. I also want to thank the other senior on this Adam Daugherty good luck to you also in the future.
Congrats, I called this one. I bet Booher who? wishes he would have stayed and tuffed it out.
Congrats Shelby Valley! Sounds like they played a great defensive game and held Hobo in check just enough to win. Amazing turnaround from the 22-point whipping they took from Pike Central back on January 1. To me, this game (as well as the win over Johnson Central) is a testament to the coaching ability of Greg Newsome.

I gotta admit, a couple months ago I never would've guessed in a million years that they would be in the regional finals, yet there they are. One of the best cinderella runs I've seen in a while, I just hope it continues for ONE more game.

Also, congrats to the best player in the region, Hobo McCoy, on a stellar career. Good luck at college.
This truly is one of the best stories in the state. No one expected this team to do anything this year and they still push through to the regional finals. I do not even think that most people thought they would get out of district (me included). This team has just found their defensive identity and are grinding games out against more experienced teams. Congrats guys and regardless of tomorrows outcome, we are so proud of the improvements that you have had throughout the duration of this season. Go wildcats and complete the cinderella run tomorrow!!
Pages: 1 2