Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dilce Combs Panthers ALL A State Champion Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you think was the best player on this team? Was it Heston Beverly, Cavanaugh Trent, or Kevin Campbell? Could Perry Centrals team right now compete with Dilce Comb's All A State Champion Team?
I'm too young to remember that team lol
But I do think that this PCC team can play with just about any team.
You won't see them get blown out by anyone IMO
Couldn't choose between those players because they were so different but great at their own positions. I know they were surely athletic and fun to watch. I don't think this year's team at Perry could play with them. I don't think that Minks would allow Hatcher to slow the game down like he is known to do. I don't think that they would be able to run with Dilce and I don't think they have as much talent as that team did. I don't think this Perry team is as good as some of the ones they have had in the past, I just think the region is down as a whole and they are better than everyone else right now.
Heston was probably the best all around player but, each had their own strengths which made them such a great team. Perry could play with them though because that team would not have had an answer for Dillon Cornett.
That team also had one of the best three point shooters in the state that year in Andy Combs.
Chris Slaven played center at 6'3" but played like he was 6'7.
Rooster Cogburn Wrote:Heston was probably the best all around player but, each had their own strengths which made them such a great team. Perry could play with them though because that team would not have had an answer for Dillon Cornett.
Trent was the best player on that team.
Great thread. I think its hard to argue who was the all around best player on the team. They all contributed so much.
I will never forget my time following that team around. I was a proud panther.

I honestly think they would of handled this years pcc team with ease.
Perry has zero real talent. NO way they could play with Dilce.
jackbenimble Wrote:Trent was the best player on that team.
You got to be Kidding there were four other player better than him.:please:
that dilce team would beat this perry team by 40. like someone above said, the region is down and they are just the better team. i dont see how it can even be compared.