Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 56 Clay County 51 (OT / 13TH Region Semi's)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heck of a game!
Wow! Corbin has a good team, but I thought the first round game would fire the tigers up. I am sure the Tiger fans are shocked. I saw Clay play early in the year, and thought by regional time they would be one of the top 15 teams in the state. I guess you can never count out the heart of a champion. Congrats to Corbin and good luck against Bell Co.
I was very surprised by this outcome! I was fully expecting to see a Clay vs Bell 13th Region Championship game as IMO they were the 2 best teams in the 13th Region! But, none the less Congrats to the Redhounds!
Clay Co. 10 7 20 11 3 51

Corbin 7 14 15 12 8 56

13th Region Semifinals at The Arena, Corbin

Clay Co. -- Gay 2, McGeorge 6, Hooker 12, Mitchell 12, Roberts 11, Whitaker 8.

Corbin -- Sizemore 5, Jones 6, Freeman 14, Taylor 14, Smith 13, Johnson 4.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1Fm4BUzDq
Thought Clay would win. It's been a long drought since Clay has been to the Sweet 16. Doesn't seem natural.
Not shocked by the outcome, I picked Corbin to win this one. Congrats Redhounds.

*Congrats on a great season Clay Co, I really enjoyed watching this group of seniors over the last few years. I wish you guys luck.
clay county could easily be a top 20 team in this state. i like marcum, but get him outta there before this becomes a habit.
Congrats to Corbin, sounds like a great game.
Corbin goes on to the finals of the 13th
good job parkes an clay co on a good season
you could'nt make an allstar team from the 13 region and be top 15 team
I'm not surprised.
Corbin is a great team and Clay County has been too inconsistent this year to make a deep run.
Congrats to both teams for a hard-fought game.
The 13th region has been pretty strong in recent years, but it is weak as pond water this year.
insideinfo Wrote:you could'nt make an allstar team from the 13 region and be top 15 team

clay county could be a top 15 team. could being the key word.
insideinfo Wrote:you could'nt make an allstar team from the 13 region and be top 15 team

I agree. There is not a team in the 13th even close to top 30 in the state, much less top 20.
rojas Wrote:I agree. There is not a team in the 13th even close to top 30 in the state, much less top 20.

I think Clay had the talent to be in the top 20 this year and should have been in there at some point. I really thought they would get it done this year.
Congrats Corbin
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:clay county could easily be a top 20 team in this state. i like marcum, but get him outta there before this becomes a habit.

And you have revealed yourself.. sad.
Congratulations Corbin!!!

And Clay County on a great season!
Congrats to Coach Marcum as first year head coach of the Clay County Tigers.
Best of luck to the Tiger seniors.
Coach Marcum be careful who you trust or you could end up like Caesar!
I only saw coach Marcum in the WYMT and I thought he did a tremendous job throughout this tournament.From what I've heard they battled injuries all season is this true?Good season and best of luck next season.
You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!! Did all of Clays players get drunk the night before and lay out all night???? Corbin is about the size of a decent sized grade school team. Clay County underachieved all year long. Hooker never should of been the pointguard either.
Congrats to Clay County Tigers-Matt Mitchell and John Vernon Hooker on 13th Regional All Tournament Team.
Glad to see these boys healthy enough to play in the Regional.
Great season for all the Tiger Seniors!!:Clap: