Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell Co 47 Knox Central 44 (13th)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats Bell Co as they move on to the Regional Championship Game on Monday! Bell Co was without 2 starters most the game with foul trouble and still won. Practicing at Tex Turner Arena has helped prepare these boys for playing in such a big venue.
Bell County looks like the real deal and they're my vote to make it to Rupp Arena from the 13th Region. Congrats to Ben Madon on a huge game and to the Bobcats!!

Knox Central 6 9 9 20 44

Bell Co. 7 13 11 16 47

13th Region Semifinal at The Arena, Corbin

Knox Central -- Kelly 1, Barger 16, T. Canady 4, J. Canady 9, Broughton 12, Barrett 2.

Bell Co. -- Madon 26, Lee 11, Lefevers 6, Cox 4, Patterson.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1Fm2cO0dt
Congrats to Bell on a well played game. Knox failed to hit free throws (8 for 26!) and never adjusted to double the only player on the floor who could score. Why we did not make that adjustment is truly perplexing. Tonight, it was Ben County.

I hope you go all the way.
Congrats Bell Co

Look like FTs really killed Knox Central tonight.
Football1 Wrote:Congrats to Bell on a well played game. Knox failed to hit free throws (8 for 26!) and never adjusted to double the only player on the floor who could score. Why we did not make that adjustment is truly perplexing. Tonight, it was Ben County.

I don't know if you meant to say that or if it was a typo but I like it! lol:biggrin:
free throws,,,the most fundamental part of the game.everyone takes the small things for granted . to be the best sometimes you do the small things. bell is a good team and madon a good player ..good luck
Football1 Wrote:Congrats to Bell on a well played game. Knox failed to hit free throws (8 for 26!) and never adjusted to double the only player on the floor who could score. Why we did not make that adjustment is truly perplexing. Tonight, it was Ben County.

True about Ben, but they have a few more who can score plenty in Lee, Patterson, and Lefevers.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:True about Ben, but they have a few more who can score plenty in Lee, Patterson, and Lefevers.
I have only seen a few bball games this year so haven't seen Bell but tonight. And tonight, Bell was a one man show. At any time Knox could have put 2 on Madon and it would have been interesting to see if the other 4 on the floor could have stepped up. But, that was not needed as we never adjusted.

To beat Corbin, others will have to get inolved as it sounds like they have all year. Good luck and go far.
HOW BOUT EM BOBCATS!!!!!

juss wandering where is Dark Wizard tongiht??????

keep pulling against us!!!
tehot05 Wrote:HOW BOUT EM BOBCATS!!!!!

hahaha honestly u all shouldve got beat we just couldnt come through when needed.. i honestly dont no about our coach and some of the things he calls...

goodluck im routing for u all

but we will win region next year mark it down!!
tehot05 Wrote:HOW BOUT EM BOBCATS!!!!!

What can I say other than my prediction was wrong? Free throws and poor shot selection late costed us. If i had a dime for each time I was wrong, I would be miles away from Knox Co.
Congrats to the Bobcats. Good luck against Corbin.
KCPANTHERS Wrote:hahaha honestly u all shouldve got beat we just couldnt come through when needed.. i honestly dont no about our coach and some of the things he calls...

goodluck im routing for u all

but we will win region next year mark it down!!
he cant call a free throw or defensive aggression on opposing players.the kids didnt hit open threes,free throws and defense was sub par on one player. it happens sometimes. lots better kc teams with twice the talent have lost the same way.sometimes you have to have a little luck?
Some of you clown bleacher coaches must have not seen what Hilton and Lefevers did to Whitley or what Lee and Cox did to Harlan Co or what Patterson did too Harlan Ind???????

Coach Evans played straight man and got burnt by Madon. They defended the other guys and left Madon 1 on 1 and that is tough on anyone. The other kids such as Hilton, Patterson, Lee and Lefevers has been roasting it from downtown the last few weeks. Look at the stats and you will see.

Good job Bobcats!

Tough loss for KC. IMO they will the favorite next year.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Some of you clown bleacher coaches must have not seen what Hilton and Lefevers did to Whitley or what Lee and Cox did to Harlan Co or what Patterson did too Harlan Ind???????

Coach Evans played straight man and got burnt by Madon. They defended the other guys and left Madon 1 on 1 and that is tough on anyone. The other kids such as Hilton, Patterson, Lee and Lefevers has been roasting it from downtown the last few weeks. Look at the stats and you will see.

Good job Bobcats!

They will need to be "roasting" Monday to beat Corbin. And I think they will.
big blu 2 u Wrote:he cant call a free throw or defensive aggression on opposing players.the kids didnt hit open threes,free throws and defense was sub par on one player. it happens sometimes. lots better kc teams with twice the talent have lost the same way.sometimes you have to have a little luck?
I agree with you to a point. But when you look up at that scoreboard and the opposing team's scoring column has 4 players with Zero's next to them and one player with 18 - who do you think you should double?

I aslo think it was a coaching mistake to not start Tanner Broughton tonight. In a game decided by 2 points - your 2nd best player sat 1/4 of the game. You punish your team in an effort to make what point? Either play him and try to win a championship or kick his butt off the team and make your point. During the regular season he saw very little PT after he came back and sat several full games - is that not "punishment" enough? Now you have a chance to win Region and you still don't start him - silly.

None of that takes anything away from the excellent game Bell played. I love the way John Dudley accepted his role in this game and fed Madon. The team saw he was their ticket to winning and they got him the rock. Very unselfish and it paid off.
Lee did not do much scoring bc he got two early fouls and sat until third. And Patterson only played about 25 seconds the first half b.c of two very quick fouls. Which he is the physical presence for his team. And u can say bells a one Man team but its not bells fault Knox couldn't guard him. If it's not broke why fix it? Right. And if u didn't watch the Whitley game Madon only had 12 points. And 10 assist. And I believe the coaches for Knox was afraid to go to a zone or a chaser on Madon b.c the scorig capability of the other four. B.c against bell u have a chance when only Madon is scoring but let his shooters get going around him and it's nearly impossible for a 13th region team to beat them.
Sounds like Bell County won by playing excellent "free throw defense."
Dont forget Bell Co was 7-13 from 3 point land against Whitley Co. Somewhere around 2-3 against KC. With Ben doing his thing we didnt have to rely on our shooters.
Congrats Bell Co.
kyfootballer Wrote:Lee did not do much scoring bc he got two early fouls and sat until third. And Patterson only played about 25 seconds the first half b.c of two very quick fouls. Which he is the physical presence for his team. And u can say bells a one Man team but its not bells fault Knox couldn't guard him. If it's not broke why fix it? Right. And if u didn't watch the Whitley game Madon only had 12 points. And 10 assist. And I believe the coaches for Knox was afraid to go to a zone or a chaser on Madon b.c the scorig capability of the other four. B.c against bell u have a chance when only Madon is scoring but let his shooters get going around him and it's nearly impossible for a 13th region team to beat them.
who guarded madon?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Some of you clown bleacher coaches must have not seen what Hilton and Lefevers did to Whitley or what Lee and Cox did to Harlan Co or what Patterson did too Harlan Ind???????

Good job Bobcats!

harlan county lost by one on a last second shot to a good clay team who many picked to win it all.they dont lose any players and most are just sophomores.and they will get several good incoming freshman.i think i go with them as next years front runner.
big blu 2 u Wrote:who guarded madon?
Not much of anyone. I did my best from the stands but was unable to stop his drive... LOL.
rojas Wrote:Sounds like Bell County won by playing excellent "free throw defense."

:Thumbs: That plus a big dose a Ben there done that.
Football1 Wrote::Thumbs: That plus a big dose a Ben there done that.

So who are you going to pull for now? Corbin or Bell Co? lol.... Ur welcome to come sit with us.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:So who are you going to pull for now? Corbin or Bell Co? lol.... Ur welcome to come sit with us.
I will 100% be behind Bell. I enjoy seeing those guys do well. My son and his buds have competed against John Dudley and crew since 3rd grade. I admire their grit and wish them well in not only sports but in life.

Not sure I will get to make it to the game as I have to travel this week for work but if I do I will be on Bell's side.
Football1 Wrote:I agree with you to a point. But when you look up at that scoreboard and the opposing team's scoring column has 4 players with Zero's next to them and one player with 18 - who do you think you should double?

I aslo think it was a coaching mistake to not start Tanner Broughton tonight. In a game decided by 2 points - your 2nd best player sat 1/4 of the game. You punish your team in an effort to make what point? Either play him and try to win a championship or kick his butt off the team and make your point. During the regular season he saw very little PT after he came back and sat several full games - is that not "punishment" enough? Now you have a chance to win Region and you still don't start him - silly.

None of that takes anything away from the excellent game Bell played. I love the way John Dudley accepted his role in this game and fed Madon. The team saw he was their ticket to winning and they got him the rock. Very unselfish and it paid off.

I would say 3rd.
big blu 2 u Wrote:who guarded madon?

J Canady did mostly.
Football1 Wrote:I will 100% be behind Bell. I enjoy seeing those guys do well. My son and his buds have competed against John Dudley and crew since 3rd grade. I admire their grit and wish them well in not only sports but in life.

Not sure I will get to make it to the game as I have to travel this week for work but if I do I will be on Bell's side.

Good deal. I would do the same if you guys beat us. We dont like Corbin that well. lol
the dark wizard Wrote:I would say 3rd.
Oh hallowed Dark Wizard... somewhere in that spell book of yours you have cast a conjure that has warped your ability to accurately assess talent on the hard wood. I know you know sports and your insight is always appreciated.

Whether Tanner is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd or 5th for that matter is really a mute point. The bottom line is he is top 5 and as such should be on the floor as often and for as long as is possible to give you your best shot at winning the championship and continuing the season. He was not. And we are done.
Pages: 1 2