Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland vs. Rowan Co. (16th Finals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts/Predictions.

I'll take Rowan to make the trip to Rupp.

Rowan-59
Ashland-53
Ashland
Should be a very good game.... I'll take Rowan in a close one
Rowan by at least 10. Unless the officials screw Rowan like they did Elliott. I heard that the 16th Region are going to make sure that we don't get the 12th, 13th, 14th, or 15th region officials anymore in the regional tournament because they are thought to always "protect" Ashland. And was it ever so evident that they did just that Friday night!
Rowan make it to Rupp, how long has it been?
rowan last trip to rupp was in 2004
LClion4life Wrote:Rowan by at least 10. Unless the officials screw Rowan like they did Elliott. I heard that the 16th Region are going to make sure that we don't get the 12th, 13th, 14th, or 15th region officials anymore in the regional tournament because they are thought to always "protect" Ashland. And was it ever so evident that they did just that Friday night!

No dog in the fight but the talking to the Elliott fans after the game there was no mention of biased refs. Elliott fans did mention TK being the one holding on to the Ash players arm when the call was made on Aaron instead.
They said it was bad on both sides of the ball. I thought there was questionable calls on both sides in the Rowan/Lewis game. If they protect anybody they protect the big name players IMO. I thought Wing and Hunter went over people a few times to deflect the pass or rebound and got by with it. I know 15th refs compare to 16th and from what I've seen so does the
13th. Just out of curiosity who are you talking about when you say the 16th is going to make sure they don't get those reg refs you said?
Agree about Rowan and should do well in sweet 16
The 15th region people told the 16th region refs at the girls tournament that they are the best they've ever had. And no, they do not protect the big name players. If they did then Knipp would have shot 20 free throws Friday night. He very well could have as much as they beat him up.
Okay, sorry, by the way you were talking it seemed you know someone in high places that makes these kind of decisions about who refs and such at the regionals.
TheRealThing Wrote:Okay, sorry, by the way you were talking it seemed you know someone in high places that makes these kind of decisions about who refs and such at the regionals.

I know somebody that knows the guys at the "high places", I guess you'd call it, that told him that.
I known somebody who knows somebody that says his wife talks to the man in the moon but I still say the refs are not going to let big name players get beat up on, especially at the regional tourn. And I stand by my post if the refs are going to protect any player it will be a big gun.
Rowan by 10+
Platinum & Gold Wrote:rowan last trip to rupp was in 2004

Last trip was 2005
TheRealThing Wrote:I known somebody who knows somebody that says his wife talks to the man in the moon but I still say the refs are not going to let big name players get beat up on, especially at the regional tourn. And I stand by my post if the refs are going to protect any player it will be a big gun.

They didn't protect Knipp at all. And he was a bigger name player in his freshman and sophomore years than Hunter and Wing are.
I'll take Ashland...but it should be a very close one...good luck to both teams...
I'll say those old mean Tomcats by 6:biggrin:
Ill have to take ashland. They have to much depth on there bench..
Too much tradition at Ashland... I'll take Ashland in a close one.
LCDawg Wrote:Too much tradition at Ashland... I'll take Ashland in a close one.
Well, you and Mark Maynard will be able to dribble your tradition right on back to the trophy room at Blazer. Rowan by 12.

And for the record, how much has tradition helped Buddy out the past 5 years?
OU812 Wrote:Well, you and Mark Maynard will be able to dribble your tradition right on back to the trophy room at Blazer. Rowan by 12.

Not a lot... you are right there.
Should be a good game. I'll take Rowan in a slight upset.
Ashland is a good team, but if Rowan wins this it will not be an upset. Beat the brakes off them once this year, and if anything, they're playing better now. RC by 10+.
OU812 Wrote:Well, you and Mark Maynard will be able to dribble your tradition right on back to the trophy room at Blazer. Rowan by 12.

About as much as your predictions about Greenup dominating the 16th last year and this year?
gapman Wrote:About as much as your predictions about Greenup dominating the 16th last year and this year?
Yep, both my predictions and your tradition are equally useless.
The Sweet Sixteen is honoring the 1961 Tomcats at this years Tourney.
Predict this years Tomcats will be there with Larry Conley & the rest of the 61 Champs.
OU812 Wrote:Yep, both my predictions and your tradition are equally useless.

:thatsfunn I can't totally agree with you on that. People have pictures and media guides about the tradition.lol
OU812 Wrote:Yep, both my predictions and your tradition are equally useless.

:thatsfunn LOL, now that's funny.....I don't care who you are, that's funny
gapman Wrote::thatsfunn I can't totally agree with you on that. People have pictures and media guides about the tradition.lol
We sure are thankful for all of those media guides. They outline all that tradition, lest we forget. When Townsend lobs one up to Wing for a dunk tonight, perhaps Corey Gregg can refer to page 3 of the 2010 media guide that outlines all that tradition.

See what I'm sayin'? Useless!
LClion4life Wrote:Rowan by at least 10. Unless the officials screw Rowan like they did Elliott. I heard that the 16th Region are going to make sure that we don't get the 12th, 13th, 14th, or 15th region officials anymore in the regional tournament because they are thought to always "protect" Ashland. And was it ever so evident that they did just that Friday night!

I don't think it will happen to Rowan with their superintendent being a member of the KHSAA board of control. I would be shocked if this is not called straight up if so Rowan by 7.