Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Palmer feels Bengals are "hopeless"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As of March, it appears Palmer will never play another down for the Bengals. It remains to be seen if this holds true in September. But regardless of how this saga ends, the Bengals should really take this latest debacle as a sign that a lot of improvements need to be made within the organization to prevent the next star player from being "Bengalized."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/...e-hopeless

So what does this mean for the Bengals going forward? Disregarding the impending lockout, does this mean they trade up to get Cam Newton in the draft? Or pick up Blaine Gabbert? Or put the team in the hands of Carson's younger brother, Jordan? Seems like a mess in the Queen City.
I hope Palmer comes to Tennessee.
So do the Bengal Fans
I don't think Mike Brown can backdown at this point. If Palmer doesn't want to play then he should retire. If Mr. Brown back tracks and trades him, who's next to demand a trade?
I would send palmer on his way. He is as much to blame for the bengals issues as anyone. Heck he blows every game he has a chance to win.
I love Palmer to death, but he's run his course. We should try to pick up Gabbert in the draft.
Carson Palmer is also "hopeless"
nky Wrote:I don't think Mike Brown can backdown at this point. If Palmer doesn't want to play then he should retire. If Mr. Brown back tracks and trades him, who's next to demand a trade?

It's the Bengals - everyone down to the water boy wants out of town! I'm a fan, and even I want to get traded!
Stardust Wrote:It's the Bengals - everyone down to the water boy wants out of town! I'm a fan, and even I want to get traded!
Know your pain. But if Mr. Brown caves to the whining of his franchise QB, there will be a steady march to his office demanding a trade. He didn't do it for Chad Johnson he shouldn't to it for Carson Palmer. If Carson didn't like it so much why did he sign a long term contract? He knew what he was in for. Mike Brown hasn't changed in almost 20 years why would the last 4 years be any different? Mike Brown has a plan- To make as much money as he can. This means you put out an average team every year and hope to be around .500. This keeps the fans coming to your games and earns you more money.
I don't blame Mike Brown he's a businessman and you know what he's doing.

I blame the fans for supporting him though season tickets,buying tickets period (even off a secondary reseller the original money for the ticket went to Mr. Brown), and buying Bengals stuff. The fans need to stop buying tickets, buying merchandise, buying anything Bengal related, only then will things change. But this will not happen to many content sheep
zaga_fan Wrote:Carson Palmer is also "hopeless"

:Thumbs: Pretty much.
nky Wrote:Know your pain. But if Mr. Brown caves to the whining of his franchise QB, there will be a steady march to his office demanding a trade. He didn't do it for Chad Johnson he shouldn't to it for Carson Palmer. If Carson didn't like it so much why did he sign a long term contract? He knew what he was in for. Mike Brown hasn't changed in almost 20 years why would the last 4 years be any different? Mike Brown has a plan- To make as much money as he can. This means you put out an average team every year and hope to be around .500. This keeps the fans coming to your games and earns you more money.
I don't blame Mike Brown he's a businessman and you know what he's doing.

I blame the fans for supporting him though season tickets,buying tickets period (even off a secondary reseller the original money for the ticket went to Mr. Brown), and buying Bengals stuff. tickets, theThe fans need to stop buying buying merchandise, buying anything Bengal related, only n will things change. But this will not happen to many content sheep
I did this 12 years ago, and have not missed it one bit!
He said this, and the Bengals should say your ''Worthless'' to us.
Stardust Wrote:So do the Bengal Fans

LOL..I was thinking, He ain't the only one...LOL!
From this mornings paper:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110...xt|Bengals

Team official: Palmer stance hasn't changed

When a team official was asked if Palmer was indeed on the market, the reply was the club’s stance has not changed: he will play here or he will retire.
^ After what they did with Chad, I would not have expected the Bengals to back off any
The Bengals organization is a joke.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:The Bengals organization is a joke.
and Mike Brown is laughing all the way to the bank
As a Bengals fan, I say they trade Palmer and Chad. If they want out don't keep them. Get some value out of them. Bring in a vet QB like McNabb or VY and bring TJ back as a veteran receiver. Draft AJ Green in the first round and go after Gabbert or Locker in the second.
The Blue Blur Wrote:As a Bengals fan, I say they trade Palmer and Chad. If they want out don't keep them. Get some value out of them. Bring in a vet QB like McNabb or VY and bring TJ back as a veteran receiver. Draft AJ Green in the first round and go after Gabbert or Locker in the second.

But as NKY said, if you appease to every Bengal who wants out, then do you trade everyone that asks for it? Pretty soon, you will never have a team
Stardust Wrote:But as NKY said, if you appease to every Bengal who wants out, then do you trade everyone that asks for it? Pretty soon, you will never have a team
When have you ever had one? :devilflam
TidesHoss32 Wrote:When have you ever had one? :devilflam

Not counting last year when they swept the division.....Confusedhh:
Stardust Wrote:But as NKY said, if you appease to every Bengal who wants out, then do you trade everyone that asks for it? Pretty soon, you will never have a team

Then you'll actually have a team that's gonna try to win a game. And is not gonna be all for themselves.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Then you'll actually have a team that's gonna try to win a game. And is not gonna be all for themselves.

You sign a contract, you play under the contract. I'm sick of players for every team in every sport wanting to dot the i's but then don't want to live up to the contract! This isn't just about the Bengals, but all sports that are paid!
Stardust Wrote:You sign a contract, you play under the contract. I'm sick of players for every team in every sport wanting to dot the i's but then don't want to live up to the contract! This isn't just about the Bengals, but all sports that are paid!

I'm with you 100% about the living up to the contract. But it just seems to me that the Bengals are only playing for the contract and not for the franchise.
Stardust Wrote:Not counting last year when they swept the division.....Confusedhh:
.....and got beat out in the first round of the playoffs...
^ Which was one more game than the Steelers