Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle County Lady Rockets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Lady Rocks Improved To 30-1 on the season after tonight's 77-35 Win against Wayne County!

so my question is can anyone in the state beat them or come close to beating them? i mentioned earlier that PCC could probably beat them but after looking at there schedules i don't think PCC can and i hate to say that cause PCC's in the 14th Region. All Of The Lady Rockets Games Except 6 have been blowouts. there only loss came to Mt. Juliet, TN (60-47)
Strikeout King Wrote:The Lady Rocks Improved To 30-1 on the season after tonight's 77-35 Win against Wayne County!

so my question is can anyone in the state beat them or come close to beating them? i mentioned earlier that PCC could probably beat them but after looking at there schedules i don't think PCC can and i hate to say that cause PCC's in the 14th Region. All Of The Lady Rockets Games Except 6 have been blowouts. there only loss came to Mt. Juliet, TN (60-47)

Manual ,Mercy, Bowling Green and Elizabethtown can beat them but with the draw the 12th got the Rock would only have to play one of these teams. I believe Rockcastle by not playing any teams of this caliber it wil lcome back to bite them in the finals of the state.
why me Wrote:Manual ,Mercy, Bowling Green and Elizabethtown can beat them but with the draw the 12th got the Rock would only have to play one of these teams. I believe Rockcastle by not playing any teams of this caliber it wil lcome back to bite them in the finals of the state.

Rock has already Played E-Town and won by 9
Strikeout King Wrote:The Lady Rocks Improved To 30-1 on the season after tonight's 77-35 Win against Wayne County!

Strikeout King Wrote:Rock has already Played E-Town and won by 9

I know but E-Town's best player missed more than half the game
Strikeout King Wrote:Rock has already Played E-Town and won by 9

Not to add fuel to the fire, but that was practically a home game for Etown as well.
why me Wrote:I know but E-Town's best player missed more than half the game

what was wrong with her?

LWC Wrote:Not to add fuel to the fire, but that was practically a home game for Etown as well.

i think it was played at Either Mercy or Sacred Heart? how far away is Etown away from either place?
Strikeout King Wrote:i think it was played at Either Mercy or Sacred Heart? how far away is Etown away from either place?

It was played at John Hardin high school. Elizabethtown is in Hardin County. So they played in the same county that E-Town high school is in. At least 2 hours from Rock, if not more.
LWC Wrote:It was played at John Hardin high school. Elizabethtown is in Hardin County. So they played in the same county that E-Town high school is in. At least 2 hours from Rock, if not more.

Thanks For Correcting Me on that.
Scott will be a tough game for them, the first game of the State Tourney! Then they will have an easy road to the finals, but will run into Mercy and should be a good game, but Mercy should come out on top. Should be fun to watch it all unfold.
Rockcastle is good... And Hammonds is a really good player. But I wouldn't crown them state champs yet. Although they have to be one of the top 4 favorites. :worthy:
Very good ball club. Could definately win the State Championship. But it won't be easy.
EKYHoops Wrote:Scott will be a tough game for them, the first game of the State Tourney! .

I doubt it.

They already beat Scott County by almost 30 points this season.
I " LOVE " that statement 3 wishes.But I will bet you there will be NO 30 point
win in the rematch at STATE if it happens. I know for a fact that Scott Co. players and Staff have been anixously awating for this since early and I mean EARLY in the start of this season.Now Im not saying that Scott Co. will win this rematch BUTTTTTT Im not saying they wont either.But it WILL be an entirely different game than the last one I GUARENTEEEEE.
Bluemoon Wrote:I " LOVE " that statement 3 wishes.But I will bet you there will be NO 30 point
win in the rematch at STATE if it happens. I know for a fact that Scott Co. players and Staff have been anixously awating for this since early and I mean EARLY in the start of this season.Now Im not saying that Scott Co. will win this rematch BUTTTTTT Im not saying they wont either.But it WILL be an entirely different game than the last one I GUARENTEEEEE.

Rockcastle has a better team than Scott Co. imo. I don't think anyone is getting beat by 30 in the state tournament. Let's see if Scott Co. and Rockcastle even get to the state before we start with that matchup. :dontthink
In the E-town game, my daughter, Sara, picked up 2 fouls early in the 2nd quarter, played only about 6 minutes in the first half. As to schedule, their only loss was to Mt. Juliet, according to MaxPreps, ranked #2 in Tennessee at 27-2. In that game Rockcaslte led 28-19 at half and with 3 minutes to go was a 3 point game. Rock fouled late to try to get ball back. In their 30 wins they are 4-0 against top teams in 11th region, 77-42 over Scott Co, 72-50 over Bryan Station, 67-33 over Franklin Co, and 60-43 over Madison Central. They are 10-0 against teams ranked in top 25 this season, Lincoln co, Casey Co, Franklin Co, Scott Co, Clay Co, Bryan Station, Madison Central and E-town. They've played a good schedule. As to predictions, we'll leave that on the court. Have only one game that is important and that is Friday night versus Garrard County.
The question was can anybody beat Rockcastle. IMO there are only 2 or 3 teams that can match up with Rock. To get off subject I wished Rockcastle would have played in the Lex Cath tourney it would of been nice to see them play 2 or 3 teams in a row that would of had a legit chance to beat them. The level of play at that tournament was far better than what I watched at the state last year.
Bluemoon Wrote:I " LOVE " that statement 3 wishes.But I will bet you there will be NO 30 point

I am pretty sure after the "run off job" and the mystery call on Jackie, i would say that Rock is welcoming the rematch also. I will guarentee that they dont give the refs a chance to run off again.
Colonels87 Wrote:I am pretty sure after the "run off job" and the mystery call on Jackie, i would say that Rock is welcoming the rematch also. I will guarentee that they dont give the refs a chance to run off again.

Am I missing something?
OK-Let me please say this in a sportsmenship manner.Im a Rockcastle Co. fan and a Scott Co. fan and I want both teams to advance as far as possible.I knew in my heart and mind that Rockcastle would handle Scott Co. with relative ease in the beginning of the season(no 1. the awful taste left over from the STATE game no.2 it was a home game for Rock no.3 Rock was going to prove to the world they could and would defeat Scott Co.again no.4 Rocks talent level was more advanced at that particular time no.5
Rockcastle had more big game veterans than Scott Co.s' freshmen and 8th graders.
So put it perspective-Rockcastle had the entire game advantage on Scott Co.

Sooooo here we are at Tournament time and if both(BOTH) teams reach the State
of course they will face each other in the first game.NEITHER team is going to back down from the other and it will be a DOG FIGHT--- not a blow out.So please dont get upset with me/ just join me in cheering and enjoying the wonderful game of basketball regardless of who wins or losses.Somehow I will be happy for both teams
I like coach Helton and Scott County, I wish them the best. However, as a Rock Alumni and a Rock fan, I have to hope their best is winning the 11th Region and going out in the first round of the Sweet 16.

If the brackets were different, I would wish them a trip to the finals. Bluemoon, you represent Scott County well on here.
Bluemoon Wrote:OK-Let me please say this in a sportsmenship manner.Im a Rockcastle Co. fan and a Scott Co. fan and I want both teams to advance as far as possible.I knew in my heart and mind that Rockcastle would handle Scott Co. with relative ease in the beginning of the season(no 1. the awful taste left over from the STATE game no.2 it was a home game for Rock no.3 Rock was going to prove to the world they could and would defeat Scott Co.again no.4 Rocks talent level was more advanced at that particular time no.5
Rockcastle had more big game veterans than Scott Co.s' freshmen and 8th graders.

of course they will face each other in the first game.NEITHER team is going to back down from the other and it will be a DOG FIGHT--- not a blow out.So please dont get upset with me/ just join me in cheering and enjoying the wonderful game of basketball regardless of who wins or losses.Somehow I will be happy for both teams

I agree with you Bluemoon. Nothing will come easy.
HEY THANKS ROCKSOLID69-IT(if it happens)will be a great entertaining game though.Even if one or the other doesnt make it I will be there to cheer on the one that does.
AS you do the ROCK LWC-IT'S GREAT BEING A FAN !!!!!!!! Thanks for the kind words.
Bluemoon Wrote:OK-Let me please say this in a sportsmenship manner.Im a Rockcastle Co. fan and a Scott Co. fan and I want both teams to advance as far as possible.I knew in my heart and mind that Rockcastle would handle Scott Co. with relative ease in the beginning of the season(no 1. the awful taste left over from the STATE game no.2 it was a home game for Rock no.3 Rock was going to prove to the world they could and would defeat Scott Co.again no.4 Rocks talent level was more advanced at that particular time no.5

Very well said.
Dont rock have two more games? to get to state. Now in my honest opinion the only teams left in 12 region that could have even had a shot at upsetting rock was casey but now with coffman hurt dont think that will happen. i know southwestern cant get close. garrad isnt beating them so yeah rock is about a 95% lock going to state but i have played sports and nothing is a done deal till the game is played.
So true so true-well stated
GreenHornet Wrote:Dont rock have two more games? to get to state. Now in my honest opinion the only teams left in 12 region that could have even had a shot at upsetting rock was casey but now with coffman hurt dont think that will happen. i know southwestern cant get close. garrad isnt beating them so yeah rock is about a 95% lock going to state but i have played sports and nothing is a done deal till the game is played.

What kills me about posts like this are people that obviously don't have the evidence to back up their posts... I will give Rockcastle all the credit in the world they are an EXCELLENT ball team.. However, to state that teams won't get close and have no chance is ridiculous.. I was at the Southwestern/Rock game and it was close the ENTIRE game until the end. I believe that Rock was only up 4 points or so at the half. Southwestern played right with them til the end and only ended up getting beat by 13 points.. Thats pretty close I would say.. If you think that Casey was the only team that could upset Rock you must not have been at the Southwestern/Casey game either. Southwestern shot only 6 freethrows compared to Casey's 27. Southwestern outscored Casey 9 points from the field in the game. I think that anybody can play with anybody in this region.. Its all about who shows up on that given night!!
Rockcastle has a really good team. But the parents and fans make it really hard to want them to do well.
Lillian, a few bad apples usually spoil the whole bunch, but a majority of the fans/parents are good people. Just as with any program.
EasyMoney Wrote:What kills me about posts like this are people that obviously don't have the evidence to back up their posts... I will give Rockcastle all the credit in the world they are an EXCELLENT ball team.. However, to state that teams won't get close and have no chance is ridiculous.. I was at the Southwestern/Rock game and it was close the ENTIRE game until the end. I believe that Rock was only up 4 points or so at the half. Southwestern played right with them til the end and only ended up getting beat by 13 points.. Thats pretty close I would say.. If you think that Casey was the only team that could upset Rock you must not have been at the Southwestern/Casey game either. Southwestern shot only 6 freethrows compared to Casey's 27. Southwestern outscored Casey 9 points from the field in the game. I think that anybody can play with anybody in this region.. Its all about who shows up on that given night!!

Facts are Facts if Rock plays its best and any other team in the 12th plays its best Rock wins buy 20
Pages: 1 2