Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mike Bibby taking his talents to South Beach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bibby was traded last week by the Hawks to the Wizards and only played 2 games for Washington and gives up $6.2 million in buyout with the Wizards and wants to take his talents elsewhere. Many believe he's headed to Miami to play with James & Wade.

Personally, I don't see anyone beating the Heat in a 7-game series if they get Bibby.

Thoughts?
I had no clue Bibby was still in the league! However, until the Heat get a post game they can't win the championship. Post game in the NBA wins games... the Heat don't have one.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I had no clue Bibby was still in the league! However, until the Heat get a post game they can't win the championship. Post game in the NBA wins games... the Heat don't have one.

Nobody on this site wants Bibby to win a championship as badly as I do. For making the Kings a championship threat, and in my opinion the 2nd best team in the NBA behind those great Lakers teams, I want him to win a ring that he deserves.

However, I agree with this user. Bibby, Lebron, Bosh, and Wade are an incredible 4-man team, however they need a post game. Also, I do not know how well LeBron and Wade can play away from the ball.
If he goes then it's a joke....
why doesn't everyone just buyout and sellout
zaga_fan Wrote:If he goes then it's a joke....

It's already happening. Dwight is already positioning himself. Chris Paul is looking to go to NYC.
I didn't know he was still playing.
Bibby is a real threat.. he's still good, young, and talented. If he wants to go to Miami - I say SURE why not!..

As for the Dwight Howard comment, it's true.. He will probably end up in LA..
zaga_fan Wrote:If he goes then it's a joke....

Artest going to LA wasn't sell out?
Artest goes on about how he's in therapy and this and that now..
Pathetic.
Bibby is way overrated. He'll contribute about as much as Carlos Arroyo or Mario Chalmers.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Bibby is way overrated. He'll contribute about as much as Carlos Arroyo or Mario Chalmers.

lol, I dont know about all that now...
Ballers Wrote:Bibby is a real threat.. he's still good, young, and talented. If he wants to go to Miami - I say SURE why not!..

As for the Dwight Howard comment, it's true.. He will probably end up in LA..
He's 32 years old, the same age as Kobe. So you now believe that Kobe is "young"? Big Grin
Ballers Wrote:Artest going to LA wasn't sell out?
Pathetic.
Ron is just crazy, and you gotta love it!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Bibby is way overrated. He'll contribute about as much as Carlos Arroyo or Mario Chalmers.

:Thumbs:
Heat expect to sign Mike Bibby, Cut Carlos Arroyo Loose

MIAMI -- The Miami Heat cleared room on their roster Tuesday for the expected addition of free-agent point guard Mike Bibby by releasing seldom-used guard Carlos Arroyo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/m...id=6171168

Overrated I agree with, but his is an improvement over Arroyo and Chalmers

I see this working out like it did for Jason Kidd when he first went to Dallas. Kidd's game was over, but he got new life in his legs for a couple of years after he started playing with better players. I'm not comparing Bibby to Kidd, but I do think he will play at a higher level than he has over the past few years.
Ballers Wrote:Artest going to LA wasn't sell out?
Pathetic.

Artest "technically" signed with the Lakers....
but he was essentially traded for Trevor Ariza.

Trevor Ariza was coming off of a huge playoff run in which he was crucial for the Lakers and looked to be a piece of the puzzle for years to come but the Rockets offered him a deal the Lakers didn't want to match.
Lakers signed Ron, Rockets signed Ariza, Ron hits the dagger in the finals.
He might give them a little bit better on offense, even though he can't shoot as good anymore, but he is a liability on defense now. He has gotten too old and it shows.
I like the move honestly, but it still doesn't make the Miami Heat the best in the East.
itzAmazing Wrote:I like the move honestly, but it still doesn't make the Miami Heat the best in the East.

In the East, you have to have an inside presence. The Heat would win the West handily and is more suited as a finesse type team. In the East, you have to have a physical Middle. The Heat have the best tallent in Basketball, but they do not match-up with many teams in the East in the Middle.
Stardust Wrote:In the East, you have to have an inside presence. The Heat would win the West handily and is more suited as a finesse type team. In the East, you have to have a physical Middle. The Heat have the best tallent in Basketball, but they do not match-up with many teams in the East in the Middle.

Lakers two time defending champs finally turning it around.
Spurs, best record in the league.
Mavs, a team who Miami is yet to beat.

Very unlikely the Heat would win the West.
Amun-Ra Wrote:He might give them a little bit better on offense, even though he can't shoot as good anymore, but he is a liability on defense now. He has gotten too old and it shows.

Defense? NBA? Lol...
Aslan Wrote:Lakers two time defending champs finally turning it around.
Spurs, best record in the league.
Mavs, a team who Miami is yet to beat.

Very unlikely the Heat would win the West.

Ha. That's funny.
West has noone to guard all the players the Heat have..
Heat sweeps anyone in the West, sorry.

Agree with you SD.
Ballers Wrote:Ha. That's funny.
West has noone to guard all the players the Heat have..
Heat sweeps anyone in the West, sorry.

Agree with you SD.

LOL yeah boy. They're 0-2 against Dallas this year, who don't have a chance of winning the West, just because it's Dallas. They wouldn't beat the Spurs or Lakers in a 7 game series either. It don't matter what conference the Heat would be in, they're not getting to the finals, sorry. :Thumbs:
Aslan Wrote:LOL yeah boy. They're 0-2 against Dallas this year, who don't have a chance of winning the West, just because it's Dallas. They wouldn't beat the Spurs or Lakers in a 7 game series either. It don't matter what conference the Heat would be in, they're not getting to the finals, sorry. :Thumbs:

And what is the record of the Lakers versus Lebron, even when the King was carrying the hapless Cavs?
Stardust Wrote:And what is the record of the Lakers versus Lebron, even when the King was carrying the hapless Cavs?

Who cares, Dust! Big Grin If you want to hang your hat on meaningless regular season games, then be my guest. Smile
Stardust Wrote:And what is the record of the Lakers versus Lebron, even when the King was carrying the hapless Cavs?

I don't feel like looking it up Smile
I will let you know how many times Lebron has won a game int the Finals - 0
I will let you know how many games Kobe has won in the Finals - 23