Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 43 Pike Central 25 (15th)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Betsy Layne took control after the tip and never looked backed.. Very impressive game keep up the work. May be a upset in the near future if they play like they did tonight.
Betsy Layne advances. Keep it up!
I want to congratulate Betsy Layne. I also want to wish the senior girls from Pike Central the best in whatever they wish to do after high school.
Betsy Layne played an excellent game defensively.
Congrats Ladycats! Betsy Layne is playing really great as of late!!!
Congrats Betsy Layne on a impressive victory.

Our girls fought tough, however I believe injuries really hampered our chances early in the season.

Bounce back strong next season hopefully.
Just wondering if the ejections from last game effected PCC in any way.
As far as I know, Mia Coleman (the girl who got in the fight) played last night against Betsy Layne.

So I don't think so.
I was told Pike Central had a rule that id u were fighting in 2 sports, you were out of their sports for good. That was the Coleman girls 2nd offense..she fought in Soccer, and then the other night. Guess PC rules are just for some, not for all
J-Rod Wrote:As far as I know, Mia Coleman (the girl who got in the fight) played last night against Betsy Layne.

So I don't think so.

I thought there were two ejected that night.
Yes, you are probably right.

However, I was not there therefore I have no idea.

I just heard about Mia and thats all.
OffTheHook Wrote:I thought there were two ejected that night.

There was Julia Knopf was also ejected that night from what I have heard.
Mia(the on who fought) played in this game.
grlzbball&cheer Wrote:I was told Pike Central had a rule that id u were fighting in 2 sports, you were out of their sports for good. That was the Coleman girls 2nd offense..she fought in Soccer, and then the other night. Guess PC rules are just for some, not for all

How about brushing up on the rules. The rules are supposed to be for everyone. but being from Belfry I am sure that you have seen few broken. PC rules are for everyone.
grlzbball&cheer Wrote:I was told Pike Central had a rule that id u were fighting in 2 sports, you were out of their sports for good. That was the Coleman girls 2nd offense..she fought in Soccer, and then the other night. Guess PC rules are just for some, not for all

Being aroudn Pike Central athletics since the consolidation in 93 I have never heard of this rule being apparent. In fact their was a case back in 2003 where the same instance occured and the player in question remand on the team for their senior season (2003-2004) was their JR season. Thus, I would assume your assumption is wrong in correlation I have yet again never heard of this rule.

In addition if you are ejected from a game for fighting the referee first has to send a writen report to the KHSAA the night of the altercation then suspensions of the game following are enforced by the KHSAA. Thus, not sure how Mia was allowed to play unless A) Referee did not send the information to the KHSAA or B) after viewing the video the KHSAA ruled that their was equal fault?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Being aroudn Pike Central athletics since the consolidation in 93 I have never heard of this rule being apparent. In fact their was a case back in 2003 where the same instance occured and the player in question remand on the team for their senior season (2003-2004) was their JR season. Thus, I would assume your assumption is wrong in correlation I have yet again never heard of this rule.

In addition if you are ejected from a game for fighting the referee first has to send a writen report to the KHSAA the night of the altercation then suspensions of the game following are enforced by the KHSAA. Thus, not sure how Mia was allowed to play unless A) Referee did not send the information to the KHSAA or B) after viewing the video the KHSAA ruled that their was equal fault?

In the case of B the ALL ejected should still sit out next game. No if, ands or buts.
I would say that it had something to do with A. The one official I saw, in the video, is from that area. So I would say that "A" is what happened.
OffTheHook Wrote:In the case of B the ALL ejected should still sit out next game. No if, ands or buts.
I would say that it had something to do with A. The one official I saw, in the video, is from that area. So I would say that "A" is what happened.

No doubt I agree, was just giving an idea of what may have happened. You are prob. correct about your assumption, I know in soccer any red card that is thrown has to be snet into the KHSAA the night of if not then we can be placed on suspension.
OffTheHook Wrote:In the case of B the ALL ejected should still sit out next game. No if, ands or buts.

The fight and ejection occured in 1st round of district. Players sat out district finals game and were then re-instated to play the next game (1st round of 15th regional)
^Well DUH...LOL. You are right! Sorry brainfart!