Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Josh Harrellson's Journey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) - Kentucky center Josh Harrellson has only
been with the Wildcats three seasons. It just seems longer.
Harrellson, who will play his final home game on Tuesday when
Kentucky hosts Vanderbilt, has endured one of the most bumpy
periods in the program's history.

He was constantly criticized by former Kentucky coach Billy
Gillispie and spent his junior year as an afterthought under John
Calipari.

Harrellson has blossomed this season, partly out of necessity.
He's averaging 6.6 points and 8.9 rebounds while becoming a leader
as the team's only senior.

Harrellson credits Calipari's discipline for his improved play.
He says a running program he received as punishment for lashing out
on Twitter finally got him into shape and helped him realize how
hard he has to play.
Gonna miss Josh. He may not always be the best, but we need more like him. If Darius caught his work-ethic (on the court) he would be a lottery pick.
Josh has improved a lot, I remember SD wanting to kick him off the ship, and remember people on here saying he needs to be kicked off the team and all he does is take up space. Josh leads the SEC in rebounds, what would be our record without Harrellson.
Josh has been through a lot at Kentucky and many didn't think he would be on the team any longer once Calipari was hired, but he was given an opportunity this season and I don't think anyone could possibly ask for more out of Josh. He busts his tail off in the games and does all of the little things that help this team.

Without Josh this season, Kentucky would've been hurting.
Been nice if Enes would've got eligible. Big Grin
JH, has improved a ton, gotta give him credit.
Josh has came a long way from 3 years ago when all they ever said is how he skipped a high school game to go hunting. I'm glad they finally dropped that, but this guy has worked hard all year. He deserves credit for a lot of our wins this year he really stepped up when he was called upon.
He is my favorite player on the roster this year. I always love the guy who hustles and works for it.
Feels like he's been on the team a lot longer than 3 years. Wow!
Josh's work ethic reminds me of ..... myself. I may not be the smartest person, but I will outwork most people to get to were I need to be. Josh may not have the complete God given ability but he has busted his tail to get to the point that he is now.

You got to love Jorts!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Josh's work ethic reminds me of ..... myself. I may not be the smartest person, but I will outwork most people to get to were I need to be. Josh may not have the complete God given ability but he has busted his tail to get to the point that he is now.

You got to love Jorts!

I heard Jorts was his nickname around campus because he wears blue jean shorts. A few buddies of mine that go up there was telling me about it one day.
I am happy he endured Billy G and showed patience thru last year. Things would have been ugly without him this year. Thank you Josh.
Josh is a good guy. I'm glad he's had success this season.
Josh is "Old School". What he didn't have in talent, he made up for with heart. He looks like he is playing for the name on the front of the jersey instead of the one on the back. We need a few more like him.