Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps tops Shelby Valley 60-59 in overtime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
whats everyones thoughts
Congrats Phelps
anyone have any stats
Way to go Phelps! Keep up the good work!
good job phelps
Congrats Phelps.....I couldn't believe Valley wasn't able to get a shot off at the end.
Congratulations to the Hornets.
Great win Phelps!! Congrats!!
Congrats Phelps on a good win...I wasnt there but was listening on the radio..Sounded like Valley played horribly..Valley should have took advantage of Charlie Hunt being out of the game. Didnt sound like either team had a good night offensively.
I listened to it and it was an awesome game. Congrats Phelps.
This puts Phelps at 10-5 on the season....Pretty bad loss for Shelby Valley here though...
well now that makes me feel stupid i said SV would win but congrats phelps.......
wow...
Congrats To Phelps For A Hard Fought Win. Was A Game In Which Neither Team Backed Down. Should Be A Good Game Friday Night. Confusedalute:
congrats phelps
Congrats Phelps. What is wrong with Valley?
Great W Phelps!!!
this is not a big suprise to quite a few!
Nice win Phelps. Good luck against SF.
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Congrats Phelps. What is wrong with Valley?

Their coach.
How many years has it been that Valley has been beat out of the All A this early in the tourney? As far as Valleys coach goes... dont worry, the 8th graders parents are going to get rid of him anyways.
Great game!
i was at this game it was awful...the phelps coach knew what he was doing tonight. i dont think that i have ever seen a zone work that good against a valley team. shelby valley just didnt have any answer for it. it didnt even look like valley was trying to run any kind of offense tonight.

concrats to phelps.
It is kind of hard to get up for a game against Phelps. I am sure Valley overlooked them, but it is a low low low day in the Valley.
Is it true that their best player was not playing?
Good job Phelps.
"mojo40" Wrote:i was at this game it was awful...the phelps coach knew what he was doing tonight. i dont think that i have ever seen a zone work that good against a valley team. shelby valley just didnt have any answer for it. it didnt even look like valley was trying to run any kind of offense tonight.

:thumb: Exactly right, especially at the end of OT when SV couldn't even get a shot off.

Coach Campbell begged his kids stay in that zone and not come out against Valley...they stuck to it...played disciplined basketball and pulled out the win.

I know it was an ugly game to some because there wasn't a lot of scoring. But every once in awhile, you have appreciate watching a classic defensive game.

Gannon has more moves than U-Haul! Awesome effort from Phelps.
"snoop" Wrote:It is kind of hard to get up for a game against Phelps. I am sure Valley overlooked them, but it is a low low low day in the Valley.

If your record is 8-8 you better get up for every team, so I don't buy that excuse. Valley has no offense except to shoot the three and was clearly out coached by Campbell. Also Phelps was without their best player in Hunt. The decline of Shelby Valley basketball is in full force.
Nice win for the Hornets.:thumb: :thumb:
Going by the khsaa website, the last time Phelps beat SV was in 1998 68-50. Phelps finished 16-8 in regular season:Geek:
Good Job Phelps
Pages: 1 2