Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 12th Region Draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once they become official, feel free to post them here. Right now the KHSAA site has the 5th and 8th Region draws posted
they draw at 12
Here's how it shakes out:

Lincoln County
vs
Casey County

Monday night at 6:00

Southwestern
vs
Burgin

Monday 7:30

Mercer County
vs
Garrard County

Tuesday 6:00

Rockcastle County
vs
Wayne County

Tuesday 7:30
big game to start the torney lincoln and casey
Good draw for SW.

Lincoln vs. Casey will be a good game.
Yes, Southwestern got a very good draw in both the girls and boys draws. It should be a great tournament.
:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead go lady warriors
I just don't see anyone take down The Rock.
Im one of the biggest Rock fans. But I will allways be the first to say any team can be beat on any night. Rock has to stay focused.
If Rock gets beat by anybody before March 12 it will be one of the biggest upsets in highschool basketball this year.
Everyone has got to come out and play, and they will all play hard. Rock was favored one year when Sara Rowe was there and didn't win it. One year Casey or Lincoln was favored to win it and Rock won. Stuff happens.
Rock can handle Manual--Rockcastle 12th Region and State Champs.
Should be some great games. I'm gonna say that The Rock will come out on top of this tournament and probably make a very deep run in Bolwing Green.
Rockcastle has it made. An easy road to the final game.

Casey and Lincoln have it the worst. Winner gets Southwestern, and then Rockcastle if either can beat SW. LOL!

Rockcastle will win the region easilly. Everyone else is just playing for runner-up.
I will agree that the first round game of Lincoln and Casey should be the toughest one in the first round, but Rock will have to beat Wayne for the third time this year and that is not easy to do. If they do win that game then they could possibly be playing a Mercer team that they only beat by 12 at home.
WaybackRocket Wrote:I will agree that the first round game of Lincoln and Casey should be the toughest one in the first round, but Rock will have to beat Wayne for the third time this year and that is not easy to do. If they do win that game then they could possibly be playing a Mercer team that they only beat by 12 at home.

They will win both the Wayne and Mercer games by double figures. :popcorn:
I hope you are correct.
I am glad that the girls are not as confident/cocky as many 12th Region fans are. I am not slamming anyone on here in particular, but I hear it everywhere about how Hammond has Miss Basketball and the team has a trip to the State Finals, locked up. Gotta play one game at a time. That might be what separates them from most teams in the state.
LWC Wrote:I am glad that the girls are not as confident/cocky as many 12th Region fans are. I am not slamming anyone on here in particular, but I hear it everywhere about how Hammond has Miss Basketball and the team has a trip to the State Finals, locked up. Gotta play one game at a time. That might be what separates them from most teams in the state.

I want to make it very clear, I think they will win the 12th Region easily, atleast up to the finals of the 12th. Not the entire state tourney. I'm not even from RC. Just a realist.
HoopsGuru Wrote:I want to make it very clear, I think they will win the 12th Region easily, atleast up to the finals of the 12th. Not the entire state tourney. I'm not even from RC. Just a realist.

I was not singling you out. I know a lot of Rock fans view this site, whether they post or not, as well as many throughout the state. I just always hear it. You are a fine poster and seem to be well-rounded in your views of girls basketball. I am mainly addressing those that believe Rock's girls are the UCONN of the State of Kentucky and that Hammond is Diana Taurasi.
LWC Wrote:I was not singling you out. I know a lot of Rock fans view this site, whether they post or not, as well as many throughout the state. I just always hear it. You are a fine poster and seem to be well-rounded in your views of girls basketball. I am mainly addressing those that believe Rock's girls are the UCONN of the State of Kentucky and that Hammond is Diana Taurasi.

LOL! :thatsfunn I feel you. :lmao:
I agree with you totally LWC. I think Rock would be the favorite to win the region but if anybody thinks it is automatic is crazy because the favorites don't always win. Rock needs to bring their A+ game every night that they play because the 12th is a very tough region. I am not trying to single anybody out either, just been around basketball along time and have seen some upsets, so the Rock can't look past nobody in any game. Go Rock:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:
WaybackRocket Wrote:I agree with you totally LWC. I think Rock would be the favorite to win the region but if anybody thinks it is automatic is crazy because the favorites don't always win. Rock needs to bring their A+ game every night that they play because the 12th is a very tough region. I am not trying to single anybody out either, just been around basketball along time and have seen some upsets, so the Rock can't look past nobody in any game. Go Rock:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

I'm not trying to slam the rest of the 12th but I don't believe Rock has to play its best to win the region. Rock has beat a few good teams this year while not. Rock will be favored by double digits every game. I have seen a lot of games and scores this year that make you scratch your head. but the the top 5 teams in this state have a bigger margin of error meaning unless they are playing each other they can get away with not playing thier best. That is why I believe I'll be watching the Rock on the final Sat of this season and I'm an 11th region person.
I want to give a shout out to Pulaski County's Head Coach Brian Miller. He gave Tim Rice and myself hospitality passes tonight. Our fine AD took coach Rice's packet of passes at the tournament drawing and didnt give ANY to our coaches..no one knows what happened to them. I think that is a pretty crappy way of doign things as an AD you need to at least take care of your coaches they are the ones that got us to the region to begin with. Again thanks Coach Miller you are a fine man.
Totally agree. Coach Miller is a great guy.
WaybackRocket Wrote:I will agree that the first round game of Lincoln and Casey should be the toughest one in the first round, but Rock will have to beat Wayne for the third time this year and that is not easy to do. If they do win that game then they could possibly be playing a Mercer team that they only beat by 12 at home.

Looks like Rockcastle will be playing Garrard Co. Not Mercer.

Should be a win for Rock, as Garrard has a nice team, but a ton of youth and inexperience should hender their chances.

I think the SW/Casey matchup should be a good game if everyone from Casey is healthy. Otherwise, Rockcastle walks into the Sweet 16 this year.