Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 58th district POY voting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
guys the player of the year voting has to be changed. letting the coaches vote is just stupid. the media should vote. last night Taylor Hott who is by far not even close the best player in the 58th on the undefeated champs bl ladycats didnt win it. Thats a complete joke. Then tonight there was a tie between turner and martin. come on guys martin should have walked away with it hes been the best player on the far and away best team allllll year. you got to let the media vote floyd county get with the picture
Ah its been happening for years. I remember when South Floyds Rusty Tackett won player of the year in the 15th region but didnt win player of the year in the 58th district. Martin and Turner are both great players though
Martin will be a Name Mud Creek will never forget. He is gaining fans everyday. Great kid and will be mentor. Congrats young man.
Well, the Taylor Hott instance was a joke. You got Byron Hall from AC but teaches as SF, then you got Kevin Tackett, which couldnt coach in church league. Sorry but its true. Taylor Hott lost one game in district in 5 years!!!!! Come on!!!! Thats plain stupid!!!!

As for the boys, Nathan Martin by far played a better championship game, but to go a tie, is pretty fair. Can't wait to see both play ball in college!!!
sheriff Wrote:Well, the Taylor Hott instance was a joke. You got Byron Hall from AC but teaches as SF, then you got Kevin Tackett, which couldnt coach in church league. Sorry but its true. Taylor Hott lost one game in district in 5 years!!!!! Come on!!!! Thats plain stupid!!!!

As for the boys, Nathan Martin by far played a better championship game, but to go a tie, is pretty fair. Can't wait to see both play ball in college!!!

yea i mean i mean nathan and shannon are pretty close I think nathans better but thats just my opinion I just think the 8-0 confrence record should have gave it to him
:CheerleadCongrats to Kiana Hall of South Floyd, 58th district Player of the year. Play hard, get the job done and have RESPECT that is what winners do.
Way to go Nathan and Shannon, let's go rock the EXPO next week.:redboxer:
big yellow ball fan Wrote::CheerleadCongrats to Kiana Hall of South Floyd, 58th district Player of the year. Play hard, get the job done and have RESPECT that is what winners do.
Way to go Nathan and Shannon, let's go rock the EXPO next week.:redboxer:

what time does that player of the year play at the expo next week? just wondering?

because taylor hott will be playing all week you should come watch she puts on quite a show
Totally degree Hott should have received this hands down. Lost one district game in four years.
Like the refs. Big joke. Lol
Congratulations to Kiana Hall, much deserved award! Turner and Martin are both very deserving, both do alot for their teams! Why can't people just give kids credit and keep their negative comments to theirselves!
It is Player of the Year, NOT Players. I don't think this is the first time this has happened in the 58th.
Congrats to Martin,Turner and K.Hall!

Absolutely crazy, that Hott didn't get the girls player of the year..Since, she's been playing in the 8th grade, BL is 39-1 in conference. Not failing to mention, she wore everyone in the district out every game.

On the Boys side, I think a few players have a strong argument.

Adkins from BL and Hall from SF.

Adkins avg. around 15ppg and 10rpg. in regular season conference play.

Hall (6'2 G)
-led the district in regular season conference play with 21PPG (126)
-Avg'd around 7RPG as well.
-Only player in the district to score 20+ 3x's (33, 24, 22)
-Scored 19 or more (4x's)...only player to do so.
-led the district in FT% (14/14 at AC)
-Only player to score 30 or more in a conference game.
-Led his team in scoring every game they won in the district (5 games, counting district tournament)
-Didn't score below 12pts. in conference play. Only scored below 16 once in conference.
-Avg'd 27.5 points against AC (33,22)
-Avg'd 21.9 points against P-Burg (24,19)

Martin (6'4 F)
-Avg'd 12.0 points against P-Burg (14, 10)
-Avg'd 19.9 points against AC (29, 10)
-Avg'd 16.6 points in Regular Season Conference Play (100)
-Scored 20 or more 2x (Hall- 3x, Turner- 1x, Adkins- 2x)
-Led his team in scoring 3 of the 6 games won in Conference. (Adkins-3x both had 14 against P-burg)

Turner (6'6 C)
-Avg'd 13.9PPG against AC (15,12)
-Avg'd 11.0PPG against P-Burg (15, 7)
-Avg'd 15PPG in Conf. Play (91)
-Scored 20+ 1x (24)
-Led his team in scoring their 2 conf. losses. (Hall led in the 5 wins)