Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin 45 Paintsville 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Magoffin led most of the game. Started 4th with a 10 point lead, but blew it. Tied at 43 and Magoffin scored with about 3 sec left. Paintsville couldn't control the inbounds pass to get a shot off.
It was a wild night for basketball tonight at Johnson Central. Two nail-biters to say the least!
a great game between two evenly matched teams it might of been a different outcome if Carrol from Paintsville didn't get hurt but I still think it would of come down to the final few seconds
Was I the only one that saw the girl step out of bounds with about two seconds on the clock at the end of the game. Magoffin got the rebound and the refs ran off the floor. Just saying, two seconds could have made a difference.
The inbound pass was with 3.6 seconds left. The video is on ihigh.com, appears to me some time left to me.
I was there and even watched the video about 5 times and it appears to me that she did not step out, the official was right on the baseline and he his one of the top officials in the region, I believe he made the right call.
She was not out with the ball. The best two teams in the District are now advancing to the region, The district finals could very well bewhat you see in the region finals.
baseballfan Wrote:I was there and even watched the video about 5 times and it appears to me that she did not step out, the official was right on the baseline and he his one of the top officials in the region, I believe he made the right call.

First, let me say that I don't think PHS played well until about the 4th quarter, so will not put the blame on the refs for the loss. But i will say if any of the three that were reffing this game is one of the top officials in the region, then the region is in bad shape! It appeared to me very plainly that she stepped out of bounds. It may not have changed the outcome of the game, but it should have been called.
kai Wrote:She was not out with the ball. The best two teams in the District are now advancing to the region, The district finals could very well bewhat you see in the region finals.

The sad thing is the best three teams in the region were in the 57th district this year. Paintsville is 4-0 against the teams in the 15th Region Tournament. Paintsville has beaten Shelby Valley, Pike Central, East Ridge and Betsy Layne. Their Belfry game was cancelled due to weather but Paintsville can definately play with them. I don't think there is any doubt that they could beat Prestonsburg. Doesn't seem fair that Pike County gets 4 out of 6 teams in the tournament and The 57th only gets 2 out of 5 teams in. Paintsville will be back though since they only lose 1 player and return their top six players.
BigChew Wrote:First, let me say that I don't think PHS played well until about the 4th quarter, so will not put the blame on the refs for the loss. But i will say if any of the three that were reffing this game is one of the top officials in the region, then the region is in bad shape! It appeared to me very plainly that she stepped out of bounds. It may not have changed the outcome of the game, but it should have been called.
Well let me say this you are right, 15th region officials are horrible, but I was on the side of the court and I do not believe she went out. But nothing can be done. Congrats to Magoffin and congrats to Paintsville for a good season.
baseballfan Wrote:Well let me say this you are right, 15th region officials are horrible, but I was on the side of the court and I do not believe she went out. But nothing can be done. Congrats to Magoffin and congrats to Paintsville for a good season.

Watch the game on ihigh.com. She went out of bounds and touched the ball after she stepped out. The refs just assumed that the game was over when she got the ball. They ran out of the gym a little early on this one. They didn't finish their jobs but thats not suprising because this region has the worst officials around. They make terrible calls against both teams consistently. But had the call been made it would have been interesting to see if the outcome would have been different. I think if it had gone into overtime Paintsville might have pulled it out because they were on a roll even without one of their starters.
kai Wrote:She was not out with the ball. The best two teams in the District are now advancing to the region, The district finals could very well bewhat you see in the region finals.

You are correct, she wasn't out with the ball, but she was out of bounds and touched the ball which was in bounds. Watch ihigh.com it is real clear what happened.
Let us look forward to the Regional Tournament, not complain about officials in an old game.