Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 33 East Ridge 32 F/OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Great game, sad ending for an ER fan.
In a very sloppy game Shelby Valley is able to punch it's ticket to the regional tournament. A very tough loss for East Ridge...
Final
Camron Justice led all scorers with 12 points
man, what a low scoring game
Keep your heads up ER! You have a young team and will be right in the thick of things for years to come.

Congrats Valley
NYY10 Wrote:man, what a low scoring game

I think both teams had over 20 turnovers
I do not know which thread I should post on. Anyways, great game. Lapse in ball flow, turnovers, this game had everything you would NOT want in a district game except for one thing, heart. These kids played their hearts out and left it on the floor. Congrats to the Valley boys and good season for ER. Really look forward for them to come up in the region in the next few seasons!!
One of ER's players took it up with about 5.2 seconds and was fouled, however Raymond called a timeout. I'm certainly no basketball coach, or proclaim to be a basketball guru, however I dont believe that timeout should have been called.
Already posted on the other one but it was a good high school experience. Not too much offensive flash but still a very exciting and sounded like a good atmosphere on the radio!
Congrats SV! Good luck against Pikeville in the Championship.
Looks as if it was a great game!

Congrats Valley
Low scoring bout, but Congrats Valley getting the job done.
Congrats SV, wow this might be the lowest scoring game ever in KY.
Very well may have been lol. I can not believe that score.
Wait now that im thinking I believe an earlier surprising score has them beat by the 1 point, BL 36 Pikeville 28 but it still could be the lowest playoff score ever in KY?
Well this is a *****. It is tough to beat a team 3 times in a row though..

One thing to look forward to is that we have plenty of young, good players. It's just tough to see a great season end like this and not get another chance at Pukeville...Sad
Congrats Valley.
what about coach justices decision on not playing thacker the whole game...
i mean the kid could have helped
The Arch Warrior Wrote:Wait now that im thinking I believe an earlier surprising score has them beat by the 1 point, BL 36 Pikeville 28 but it still could be the lowest playoff score ever in KY?

Haha, I mean this score has to be some kind of record..... It is still amazing that one year removed from one of the highest scoring averages in the state (I thik it was upper 70's), they struggle so much on the offensive side of the ball. But when a team loses it's top 7 players to graduation and a KHSAA ruling, a new system and brand spanking new/young players, it will take some time/seasons to get back to a high level on offense.

Great game both ways, ER will be great in the future years!! I am so proud of the guys to pull out an upset like this.
Congrats to Valley...But man this is a junior high score
I believe this was one of the worst games I have ever seen. I thought both teams played terrible. There is no way either team could go on and win at the regional level. This game should have been all ER; however, they need a team where all players are allowed to shoot the ball. As I said in earlier post, 5 and 55 are overrated. Coach J did not coach this game like a veteran coach should have. He wants to play with only two men shooting the ball. He didn't play 12, 32 had countless errors, the other 8th grader should have never been on the floor -- only shoots three's and every team knows it -- he is in way over his head, and 42 and 23 should have been allowed to shoot the ball. I agree that Coach J should have never taken the timeout with 5.2 seconds left on the clock. Oh well, I guess you see what you get when you don't play and coach TEAM ball.
congrats to SV
LOL,, All Ive ever heard the man yell about this year is turnovers and people not looking at their goal and taking open shots...but if coaching is that simple,,,put a goal up in you driveway, take two hours a day out of your schedule to teach your kid some skills, and push your kid to work and play hard instead of waiting til the day after to tell what you think the coach should have done. Or just do what you want the guys getting paid to do the job to do.. get a buch of people to come to your back yard and watch your kid shoot the ball and say his name real loud over your home stereo and get everyone to clap for him. If you can get a crowd like last nights to show up to see that I'll bet the KHSAA will send you a tropy!
Just curious to rumors that was circulating the gym last night before and after the game about the possibility that East Ridge will be giving up their coach to the Pikeville program. I overheard several people of knowledge of the "goings on" at Pikeville saying that he will definitely be at Pikeville next year as the man in charge.
It doesn't matter how skilled a player is -- if the coach chews him/her out for attempting a shot or not swinging the ball and attempting to the big guy inside --your child's talent is wasted. You have no clue about ER basketball. Coach J can be an excellent coach -- he has years of experience. Again, you CAN NOT win games with only two players shooting. Everyone has something to learn -- There is not a team in this area that will every be what SV was last year. They could have won with or without Elijah Justice -- they played team ball. Every player had the other players back.
Yes it does matter how skilled the player is... that matters more than anything, and if you think differently then you are the one that knows nothing about basketball at east ridge or anywhere else.. All of those Valley boys you speak of got scholarships to play in college, thats why they were a good team cause they were not just shooters they were makers!! And Im certain that no scout or college coach said hey it doesnt matter how skilled that player is or what his shooting % is, his coach lets him shoot and miss alot so lets give him a scholarship so he can shoot just as many shots as everyone else who makes alot more of their shots. If a player can play a coach will use him, if a player can make (not just shoot) a coach will find him some shots. So if you are wondering why your kid doesnt get to shoot as much as you like, its probably cause he doesnt make as many as the coach would like!! So now, what you should do is stop asking why your kid doesnt get to shoot or play as much as 5 and 55 and what the team can do to help your kid, you should ask yourself and your kid what they need to do to get as good at making and playing as 5 and 55 are so they can help their TEAM! I agree with you that on a team every kid on the floor needs to play but playing is more than just shooting so in the mean time while your kid is not the #1, #2, #3, or #4 scoring option on the floor, why not encourage them to pass and rebound and play defence so they can still help the TEAM until they become an effective scorer?

Some people just need to buy a white T-Shirt and put their kids name on it in black letters because thats all they are worried about because TEAM play is only an issue when their kid is not the star of it!
EKY Wrote:Just curious to rumors that was circulating the gym last night before and after the game about the possibility that East Ridge will be giving up their coach to the Pikeville program. I overheard several people of knowledge of the "goings on" at Pikeville saying that he will definitely be at Pikeville next year as the man in charge.

I dont believe that is true at all. Why would Justice leave East Ridge with the bright future they have for Pikeville of all places? That's like leaving the United States for Russia.
Calm down. This is just people making remarks about a game. I never once said that I had a child that played for ER. I do know basketball and I know what I see. I never dissed Valley. You took my comments about them the wrong way. Go back and read the post. I said they were a great team because they played TEAM ball -- those boys could do it all -- everyone of them. They deserved their scholarships. No team will perform to their level for quiet sometime. I agree players have got to do more than shoot -- to be a great player you have to be able to do a little of everything on the floor and do it well. My remarks about ER is that their are several kids on the team that are mutli talented in ball skills. As you can see from last nights game there were only one or two that wanted to or would shoot the ball. Now that being said -- there has to be plays developed and executed that will give more than two players the opportunity to touch the ball -- other than swing it and find the one's that the plays are designed around -- that goes for any team. If I had a child on the team I would tell him -- if your open shoot the ball -- if not pass it -- battle for the rebounds. Give 110% all game. If it happens to be your child that you think I have offended please forgive the remarks -- then go take a poll of the crowd that watched the game -- go and listen to the sports guys on the broadcast -- you just might get a reality check. ER has the ability both with Coach J and the returning and up and coming players to be outstanding. Now lets put our differences aside and look forward to next year and what a great team ER will have. :thanks:

:thanks:
Real Badman Wrote:I dont believe that is true at all. Why would Justice leave East Ridge with the bright future they have for Pikeville of all places? That's like leaving the United States for Russia.

Actually that was one of the comments that was made and the response to it was, Pikeville can offer more than ER can and that even though ER has talent, it is very young talent. These remarks were made by several people that get things done at Pikeville.
Pages: 1 2