Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Player of the Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If it hasn't already been announced, who will win it?

I'm going to say Dillon Cornett, without him PC wouldnt be nearly as good.
I agree.
Dillion Cornett or Matt Day, but usually goes to a senior, so I would have to say Dillion
Dil. Cornett hands down.
MVP2 Wrote:If it hasn't already been announced, who will win it?

you've got to be kidding
Dillon Cornett is the frontrunner.
Doesn't this HAVE to go to a senior?
I think Day should be the clear choice.
I don't think region player of the year has to go to a senior. I'm pretty sure Timmy Knipp got it last year for the 16th region. Correct me if I'm wrong.
zaga_fan Wrote:Dillon Cornett is the frontrunner.
Doesn't this HAVE to go to a senior?
What's his points,rebounds,blocks and assist average?
I am pretty sure the award only goes to Seniors.
jackbenimble Wrote:you've got to be kidding

Who do you think should win it?
MVP2 Wrote:I am pretty sure the award only goes to Seniors.

Andy Blank got it his senior year when there were several underclassmen with better seasons.
jackbenimble Wrote:What's his points,rebounds,blocks and assist average?

I don't know...
but his stats are watered down due to the system he plays in.
However, he dominates the paint in every game he plays in.
Letcher Central's Roark has led his team to a 19 & 10 mark going into district play. Last year Letcher Central only won 9 games. They are 11-3 in the region this year.

:Thumbs:
jackbenimble Wrote:What's his points,rebounds,blocks and assist average?

According to KHSAA, Dillon avg 12.6 ppg and 6.0 rpg. Blocks are not reported .He gets aleast 2-3 blocks a game.
High Sheriff Wrote:Letcher Central's Roark has led his team to a 19 & 10 mark going into district play. Last year Letcher Central only won 9 games. They are 11-3 in the region this year.
Roark has averaged 15 points 2steals per game on 49% FG, 37% 3, and 78% FT. He definitely should be in the mix.
That may be so but it doesn't make sense. The MVP should go to the best player in the region regardless of what grade they're in. That would be like requiring a coach to start all his seniors on the varsity simply because they are seniors.

A player should be permitted to win the award multiple times if they are gifted and talented enough.
I'm almost positive Mikie Slone was named 14th Region Player of the Year today.

Great kid.

Congratulations Mikie!
MVP2 Wrote:Who do you think should win it?
Matt Day or Slone from Knott Co.
Yes it does have to be a Senior.... Yes Mikie Sloan did win..... And he should have got it, this region doesn't have many good seniors this season, but Sloan has had a good year....
Congrats Mikie! I'm glad this award went to a truly deserving individual with vast amounts of natural talent. Much respect for the committee that awarded him this honor for recognizing that.
Congrats Mikie!
MVP2 Wrote:If it hasn't already been announced, who will win it?

Is he the older or younger one. The younger Cornett kid is the best player in the 14th.
cj2561 Wrote:Is he the older or younger one. The younger Cornett kid is the best player in the 14th.

Dillon is the oldest one. I really like Dalton (youngest) game, he is going a force to be wrecking with over the next two years. I enjoy watching the kid play. He keeps his head on right, he may be something special.
MVP2 Wrote:Dillon is the oldest one. I really like Dalton (youngest) game, he is going a force to be wrecking with over the next two years. I enjoy watching the kid play. He keeps his head on right, he may be something special.

I agree, not to mention he can shoot outside well enough for a big man.
Congrats to Mikie!
His year is definitely one of the best out of the senior class in the 14th.
cj2561 Wrote:Is he the older or younger one. The younger Cornett kid is the best player in the 14th.

Dalton could be great in the years to come.
He shoots well, throws it down, a monster in the paint on defense....
I don't see anyone touching him the next couple of years.

If you dont know them apart how in the world can you say he is the best player in the 14th??
zaga_fan Wrote:Dalton could be great in the years to come.
He shoots well, throws it down, a monster in the paint on defense....
I don't see anyone touching him the next couple of years.

:Thumbs:

Nobody will touch this kid, he has a bright future. He is a good friend of mine and I wish him well.
Pages: 1 2