Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 60 th District why is it @ PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is the 60 th @ PC this year? it was there 2 years ago,Belfry last year so shouldn't it be @ Phelps this year?
^ Phelps, Belfry, Pike Central In That Order According to http://District Sites Selection Plans will be at Phelps next year
At least I'll be able to go.
In all seriousness, I heard it was Roger Wagner's decision.
BelfryPirates Wrote:In all seriousness, I heard it was Roger Wagner's decision.

Figured as much
2 years ago it was the 59th Super District. I guess the rotation started over.
HORNET POWER Wrote:Why is the 60 th @ PC this year? it was there 2 years ago,Belfry last year so shouldn't it be @ Phelps this year?

Supposed to have been Piarist but since they dont have a team now it moves to the next team, Pike Central. Phelps next year.
Salimander Wrote:Supposed to have been Piarist but since they dont have a team now it moves to the next team, Pike Central. Phelps next year.

No sir, it goes alphabetically. Belfry, Phelps, Pike Central. Was supposed to be at Phelps this year and was just changed recently.
I don't really see the problem in this Phelps really does not have the parking to accomodate the ammount of fans that normally attend district tournaments. Pike Central has probley the best facility in the 15th region when you take into consideration locality, parking, locker rooms, seating etc. Disappointing to me I heard they are not allowing the end zone seating to be used anymore. Which is stupied IMO.
Does it really even matter?

Every school is going to have a good turnout of support.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Disappointing to me I heard they are not allowing the end zone seating to be used anymore. Which is stupied IMO.

What the heck? Why not what's going on?
Belfry0304 Wrote:What the heck? Why not what's going on?

not sure, my dad was telling me the other day the seating plans are that the student section will be in the lower level on the side and the bands are being placed up top. But the end zones will not be utilized not sure if they now deam it unsafe or whats going on. I think that makes Pike Central one of the great places to watch a ball game because of it.
I think the last game they used those was the Pikeville game, I'm not 100% sure tho.
That's ridiculous? I hate having student sections not in the end... Guess we'll sit behind the Phelps/PC bench?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I don't really see the problem in this Phelps really does not have the parking to accomodate the ammount of fans that normally attend district tournaments. Pike Central has probley the best facility in the 15th region when you take into consideration locality, parking, locker rooms, seating etc. Disappointing to me I heard they are not allowing the end zone seating to be used anymore. Which is stupied IMO.

Don't even go there. I can remember when the old Johns Creek High School had the district and they had neither the parking or the seating room. As for the end zone seats, when the students learn to behave themselves and not have to be warned about their conduct during the games, then maybe they will let them sit there.
Shady Grady Wrote:Don't even go there. I can remember when the old Johns Creek High School had the district and they had neither the parking or the seating room. As for the end zone seats, when the students learn to behave themselves and not have to be warned about their conduct during the games, then maybe they will let them sit there.

Never once has Belfry, Central, or Phelps had a problem with that! If a team was going to throw things onto the court, they could do it from the regular bleachers!
Shady Grady Wrote:Don't even go there. I can remember when the old Johns Creek High School had the district and they had neither the parking or the seating room. As for the end zone seats, when the students learn to behave themselves and not have to be warned about their conduct during the games, then maybe they will let them sit there.

Times have changed Shady that was 15 years ago my friend. As far as the end zone bleachers go, trust me I could have been just as loud, obnoxious and disruptive in the upper deck at Shelby Valley as I could in the end zone seating at previous schools. In addition over the past decade we have had no issues that I know of at Pike Central in regards to the end zone seating. Many fans etc. that I have spoken with, has stated it makes the games more entertaining and it also separates parents from student body which makes it better for both parties. Nor have I ever heard a coach complain about the seating either. Basically, if you have a problem with ppl maybe throwing things onto the court or someone saying something inappropriate to a player, coach or ref...News Flash we brought mega phones to games TongueirateSho
Real Badman Wrote:2 years ago it was the 59th Super District. I guess the rotation started over.

I heard they say that the super district did not count,even thought there were actual games played @ PC,by actual players and attended by actual fans.If that was the case then last year instead of Belfry hosting,it shoulda been PC,then Belfry this year. I'd say our glorious superintendent(who everybody knows hates Phelps & Belfry)is buddies with ol hobo's daddy and is taking it from Phelps so his boy can have it his senior year @ PC.They really need to remove ol' Roge ,first the football cover up and now this.I guess it's a good thing it's not voted on by the taxpayers in the county,he might be out of a job,JUS SAYIN
Belfry0304 Wrote:No sir, it goes alphabetically. Belfry, Phelps, Pike Central. Was supposed to be at Phelps this year and was just changed recently.

No sir..at Phelps two years ago
I don't understand the huge up roar about this. First of all pike central both road games one at phelps the other at belfry, if the argument is home court advantage. Second of all pike central has been stronger on the road then at home. Lastly if revenue is the argument the door is split amongst participating schools.
Salimander Wrote:No sir..at Phelps two years ago

No sir, at Pike Central two years ago. I don't mind though, PCCHS is a great gym. Had alot of fun last night and even more coming tomorrow!

But Jesus Christ, do they have an airconditioner? It was hotter than the Devil's house !
Belfry0304 Wrote:No sir, at Pike Central two years ago. I don't mind though, PCCHS is a great gym. Had alot of fun last night and even more coming tomorrow!

But Jesus Christ, do they have an airconditioner? It was hotter than the Devil's house !

lol it has always been like that, its either A) freezing cold or B) Hotter than blue blazes