Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity Announces 2011 Football Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LOUISVILLE, KY – Trinity High School has announced the school’s football schedule for 2011. The schedule includes a full-game scrimmage against Fort Thomas Highlands, which is tied with Trinity for the most state championships in Kentucky; three perennial powers from the Greater Cincinnati area; new varsity opponent Indianapolis Cathedral, a Catholic school that won the 2010 Indiana Class 5-A state championship; two Nashville private school powers; and local foes from what is tabbed as Kentucky’s Super District.

Trinity Head Coach Bob Beatty didn’t take too long to celebrate the school’s 20th football state championship that was won on Dec. 4, 2010: “I took one look at the schedule that we were putting together for 2011 and thought, ‘This will certainly help us get our team’s attention during off-season workouts!’ ” Beatty will lead a more experienced group of Shamrocks on the gridiron this year.

Director of Athletics Dennis Lampley stated, “We’re excited about this schedule. It provides our team with top-notch competition, which only makes everyone work harder. Our fans should get a real kick out of seeing this caliber of football. They need to be ready for wins and losses. They need to keep in mind that a schedule like this only makes us that much more ready for the playoffs.”

2011 TRINITY FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Aug. 12 Ft. Thomas Highlands [Scrimmage] Trinity’s Marshall Stadium 7:30 p.m.

Aug. 19 at Brentwood Academy (TN) Nashville, Tennessee 8:00 p.m.

Aug. 26 Montgomery Bell Academy (TN) Trinity’s Marshall Stadium 8:00 p.m.

Sept. 9 at Elder (OH) Cincinnati, Ohio 7:30 p.m.

Sept. 16 at St. Xavier (OH) Cincinnati, Ohio 7:30 p.m.

Sept. 23 Indianapolis Cathedral (IN) Trinity’s Marshall Stadium 7:30 p.m.

Sept. 30 vs. St. Xavier Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium 8:00 p.m.

Oct. 7 Manual Trinity’s Marshall Stadium 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 14 at Male Male’s Maxwell Field 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 28 Moeller (OH) Trinity’s Marshall Stadium 7:30 p.m.

All home games played at Trinity’s Harry Jansing Field at Marshall Stadium on the Trinity campus
Subject to Change, All times are EST
Soft schedule. Really sad that a powerhouse like Trinity doesn't challenge themselves a little more.:biggrin:

Seriously though, that is an unbelievable challenge of a schedule. I like the fact that they went out searching for teams that would make them better instead of being satisfied with beating people by 50 every week.
Trinity continues to impress with strength of scheduling and their standard of high school football. Good luck playing Ohio States 2012 Freshman class lol.
If last year's scrimmage vs HHS was any indication (49-42 Trinity), that will be a great set up for both squads, giving them both an early read re: what they need to improve on.
That's a brutal schedule. Playing the 3 best GCL South schools in one season is very impressive. No idea about the 2 Nashville schools and have heard good things about Indianapolis Cathedral.
7-3,8-2,9-1. 10-0.....what do you guys thinks, i say atleast 7-3
If they were to go undefeated with that schedule I would say National Title!
Wow, that may be the most difficult HS schedule I have ever seen. When Manual is the worst team on your schedule that's saying a lot.
Ah, the Moeller game at the end of the season could be a classic unless both teams have to rest players!
Jackson05 Wrote:If they were to go undefeated with that schedule I would say National Title!

I agree, but I guess that will all depend on where all of their non district oppenents are ranked in their region and nationally in the preseason. If Trinity can knock all of these other big boys off, and 3-4 of those can stay ranked in the USA Top 50-100 at the worst, then I definately think Trinity will be a National Title contender.

Personally, I'm pulling for them. I know theres quite a bit of animosity towards them and the other privates, but them being in the hunt for the USA Today National Championship would be huge for our state. That'd be two out of the last three years that KY has had a high school in the running for that award. Highlands finished the season ranked #2 in the USA Today poll in '09.
Love the schedule! And the scrimmage to start the season is great; it will show what both teams are going to have this year.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I agree, but I guess that will all depend on where all of their non district oppenents are ranked in their region and nationally in the preseason. If Trinity can knock all of these other big boys off, and 3-4 of those can stay ranked in the USA Top 50-100 at the worst, then I definately think Trinity will be a National Title contender.

Personally, I'm pulling for them. I know theres quite a bit of animosity towards them and the other privates, but them being in the hunt for the USA Today National Championship would be huge for our state. That'd be two out of the last three years that KY has had a high school in the running for that award. Highlands finished the season ranked #2 in the USA Today poll in '09.
HHS finished 2009 ranked third in the USA Today, not second.
Only have 9 regular season games?
TrinitySID Wrote:2011 TRINITY FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Aug. 12 Ft. Thomas Highlands [Scrimmage] Trinity’s Marshall Stadium 7:30 p.m.
Aug. 19 at Brentwood Academy (TN) Nashville, Tennessee 8:00 p.m.
Aug. 26 Montgomery Bell Academy (TN) Trinity’s Marshall Stadium 8:00 p.m.
Sept. 9 at Elder (OH) Cincinnati, Ohio 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 16 at St. Xavier (OH) Cincinnati, Ohio 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 23 Indianapolis Cathedral (IN) Trinity’s Marshall Stadium 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 30 vs. St. Xavier Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium 8:00 p.m.
Oct. 7 Manual Trinity’s Marshall Stadium 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 14 at Male Male’s Maxwell Field 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 28 Moeller (OH) Trinity’s Marshall Stadium 7:30 p.m.

trinity's opponents have 77 combined official state titles including highlands. thats not counting poll championships either. if trinity went undefeated, i'd give them the national title. of course, USAtoday would give it to someone else
Hopefully we can see Shamrocks on ESPN this upcoming season.
Cant say I blame any team in the state, other than their district, for not playing them.
horst muhlmann Wrote:That's a brutal schedule. Playing the 3 best GCL South schools in one season is very impressive. No idea about the 2 Nashville schools and have heard good things about Indianapolis Cathedral.

There both 2 of the finest programs in Tennesse, THis schudule is like playing in the SEC but maybe tougher, in the SEC you even get KY and Vandy!
This should be a good schedule for Trinity. I don't think any of these teams are top 50 in USA, St. X Ohio might have been.. MBA lost in 2nd round and Brentwood lost in 3rs round in Tennessee.
why does Trinity only play 9 Games?
Jackson05 Wrote:If they were to go undefeated with that schedule I would say National Title!

:Thumbs:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Hopefully we can see Shamrocks on ESPN this upcoming season.

That would be awesome. I would love to see them play.
:yikes: Dang, that's brutal. Looks like they may need Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium for more than just the St.X game.
So has the rest of 6A ceded the title to one of the 4 team in the super district?

This schedule seems into indicate that is the case.

Are the other 28 teams in 6A just playing exhibition schedules since they are avoiding these teams?
Is the Hoover game added in on this season somewhere?
bac2369 Wrote:Is the Hoover game added in on this season somewhere?

there not playing. Trinity's QB already said no on another site
toussaints Wrote:if trinity went undefeated, i'd give them the national title. of course, USAtoday would give it to someone else

Not just USAToday, but all other polls. The preception of Kentucky HS football is that it is weak. I know that #20 Trinity is only playing the KY teams that are required to play them, but KY HS football is preceived as weak and as long as a team from OH, PA, NJ, CA, FL or South Panola go undefeated, the national polls will award the championship to one of them.

BTW, have you looked at the schedule of #1 Don Bosco Prep? It appears to be at least as tough as the schedule of Trinity and involves more travel.

Have you looked at #8 Lakewood St. Edward of Ohio? They play the same 3 GCL teams that Trinity does plus #1 Don Bosco Prep, Cleveland Glenville (always good) and Cleveland St. Ignatius (a traditional OH powerhouse).

The rankings are those of MaxPreps given at http://www.maxpreps.com/polls/football/xcellent25.htm

IMHO, Trinity does not have a snowball's chance in he!! of winning a national title.