Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Regional Tournament Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my prediction... This is how I think the Draw and winners/Losers from the districts will be....THIS IS JUST A PREDICTION!!!

Letcher Central - Winner of 53th
Breathitt County - Loser of 55th

Perry Central - Winner of 54th
Powell County - Loser of 56th

Estill County - Winner of 56th
Knott Central - Loser of 53th

Wolfe County - Winner of 55th
Hazard - Loser of 54th

2nd round
Letcher Central
Perry Central

Estill County
Hazard

Championship
Perry Central
Hazard

Champ
Hazard
A lot of things need to change up at Hazard for them to get to the finals. They have not played well as of late and are definitely not playing as a team, but if anyone can get them together it's coach Holland. Good luck to all.
I agree with all but 2 things. I think that Lee County will be the Runner-Up in the 56th District and I think that Perry Central will win the 14th Region.
I don't know how the brackets will draw out for the region but I think Perry Central will win it, unless they choke down like they did against Knott Central last year. That was one of the worst foldups I've ever seen in the last 2 minutes of a game. 10 point lead just evaporated because of turnovers and not being able to make free throws.
I believe Lee will win the 56 and estill will be runner up.
T MAC Wrote:I believe Lee will win the 56 and estill will be runner up.
Very possible.
Lee plays good in Owsley's gym and it's a short drive for their fans. They will have a large crowd there.
^ guys you all are forgetting that Powell went into Lee and left Victorious, if Powell's Guards Get Hot it could be over Very Quickly
Winners-
Perry Central
Knott Central
Estill
Wolfe

Runners up-
Letcher
Hazard
Lee
Breathitt

Perry Central Champs.
Strikeout King Wrote:^ guys you all are forgetting that Powell went into Lee and left Victorious, if Powell's Guards Get Hot it could be over Very Quickly
They didn't beat Lee very much though.
I agree about Powell's guards. They can burn the nets if it's one of their hot shooting nights, but they don't do that every time. When you get in post season tournament play the basket looks about the size of a lid on a gallon can. Every thing slows down and every shot is important...there's no tomorrow after the first round with a loss. It's a little different than the regular season. Those long shots are not as easy to make.
I think the Lee-Powell game is a toss up if Pittman and crew come ready to play.
Perry Central will walk through the 14th. Lee Co. should win over powell and possibly beat estill in the final of the 56th. Powells guards are good but they will have to be on fire and contain pittman, which is not easy.
Ball4life20 Wrote:Perry Central will walk through the 14th. Lee Co. should win over powell and possibly beat estill in the final of the 56th. Powells guards are good but they will have to be on fire and contain pittman, which is not easy.

Idk that they will walk through the region.
My prediction is Perry all the way.
However, the 54th district tourney could be harder than the 14th region tourney.
It should be interesting.
Look at Perry Centrals Schedule and who they have played and how they have prepared for the 14th.
zaga_fan Wrote:My prediction is Perry all the way.
However, the 54th district tourney could be harder than the 14th region tourney.
It should be interesting.

Yep. If we survive the 54th we got a good shot to win the 14th.
Winners:Letcher Central, Perry Central, Wolfe Co., and Estill Co.
Runner-Ups: Knott Central, Hazard, Breathitt Co., and Powell Co.

As of right now I think PCC is the favorite but it will not be easy.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:They didn't beat Lee very much though.
I agree about Powell's guards. They can burn the nets if it's one of their hot shooting nights, but they don't do that every time. When you get in post season tournament play the basket looks about the size of a lid on a gallon can. Every thing slows down and every shot is important...there's no tomorrow after the first round with a loss. It's a little different than the regular season. Those long shots are not as easy to make.
I think the Lee-Powell game is a toss up if Pittman and crew come ready to play.

Well since Powell just beat Hazard by 11 and they only had 21 points from threes. I will pick Powell to go all the way and be district champs. I watched the Hazard game and it was unbelievable. Their defensive and offensive boards against much bigger guys has finally come together. Everyone walked away with rebounds in this game. They completely closed the lane and eliminated to fast break points for the Bulldogs. I don't look for anyone to score to much in the paint for the rest of the way.
keepinitreal Wrote:Well since Powell just beat Hazard by 11 and they only had 21 points from threes. I will pick Powell to go all the way and be district champs. I watched the Hazard game and it was unbelievable. Their defensive and offensive boards against much bigger guys has finally come together. Everyone walked away with rebounds in this game. They completely closed the lane and eliminated to fast break points for the Bulldogs. I don't look for anyone to score to much in the paint for the rest of the way.
Powell's got the ability to win it all. It's just according to which Powell team shows up on the night of the tournament...the one that lost to Berea and Model or the one that beat Knott and Hazard.
The one I saw play Letcher Central was not very good in any phase of the game. Might just have been the long ride to Letcher County. 56th ought to be a real affair.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Powell's got the ability to win it all. It's just according to which Powell team shows up on the night of the tournament...the one that lost to Berea and Model or the one that beat Knott and Hazard.

EXACTLY!!! when powell plays defense and the guards are hot they can beat just about anyone. you just dont know which one will show up.
Does anybody know when & where the 14th region will be played?
atlanta Wrote:Does anybody know when & where the 14th region will be played?

Hazard
Ball4life20 Wrote:Perry Central will walk through the 14th. Lee Co. should win over powell and possibly beat estill in the final of the 56th. Powells guards are good but they will have to be on fire and contain pittman, which is not easy.

I completely agree with you! Since the District tournament it at Owsley this is basically like playing at home so I think there is a very good chance that they can win the whole thing! I hope coach wright has the boys ready! Go Bobcats!
leecoukfan Wrote:I completely agree with you! Since the District tournament it at Owsley this is basically like playing at home so I think there is a very good chance that they can win the whole thing! I hope coach wright has the boys ready! Go Bobcats!

Well thats a relief since Powell beat Lee at home there will be no question who will win!!:

By the way Powell LOVES playing in Owsley.
keepinitreal Wrote:Well thats a relief since Powell beat Lee at home there will be no question who will win!!:

By the way Powell LOVES playing in Owsley.

I guess I didn't make myself clear when I referred to the game as being a home game for Lee County. What I meant by this is, Boonville is a very short drive for anyone from Lee County, meaning that it will be easier and quicker for fans from Lee County to make it to the game. If memory serves me right, the last time the District Tournament was held at Owsley, Lee County fans took up 3/4 of the stands and there were quite a few people from Lee County standing at the entrance as well. So, if Powell doesn't want this to be a home away from home for Lee County, I suggest the Powell County fans get there very early.
Didnt Breathitt beat Wolfe both times they played this year? And I think it was a pretty good beating too.
C.Clair Wrote:Didnt Breathitt beat Wolfe both times they played this year? And I think it was a pretty good beating too.

Dec. 7th Breathitt 81-71

Jan. 18th Breathitt 85-74
leecoukfan Wrote:I guess I didn't make myself clear when I referred to the game as being a home game for Lee County. What I meant by this is, Boonville is a very short drive for anyone from Lee County, meaning that it will be easier and quicker for fans from Lee County to make it to the game. If memory serves me right, the last time the District Tournament was held at Owsley, Lee County fans took up 3/4 of the stands and there were quite a few people from Lee County standing at the entrance as well. So, if Powell doesn't want this to be a home away from home for Lee County, I suggest the Powell County fans get there very early.

The early bird gets the worm, or in this case, the best seats in a gym that just holds about 1300 people at most. KHSAA lists it at 1500 and I think that might be possible if everyone were the size of a 1st grader, lol.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:The early bird gets the worm, or in this case, the best seats in a gym that just holds about 1300 people at most. KHSAA lists it at 1500 and I think that might be possible if everyone were the size of a 1st grader, lol.

LOL, you got that right!!
leecoukfan Wrote:LOL, you got that right!!

Can someone tell me why you would hold a district tournament in a tin can?
keepinitreal Wrote:Can someone tell me why you would hold a district tournament in a tin can?

Where are u speaking of?
Pages: 1 2