Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: June Buchanan?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
why did they only schedule 6 games this year? there use to be playing 20+. What District Are They In?
53rd District.
6 regular season games and they are 2-2 so far.
Looks to me like lower tier teams they are playing.
They haven't filed a roster with the KHSAA.
I hope they can build their program back up.
Wow, I did not know this! I cant not believe that this has happened after those great teams.
They only had a sophomore, couple freshman and 7th and 8th graders on the team, so they didn't have a varsity program this year. They did schedule some of the weaker varsity teams to just get some playing experience for them. They play in the 53rd District, but will not be playing in this years tourney. They hope to get back to the varsity level next year with a full schedule. Rebuilding year for them.
Wall4president Wrote:They only had a sophomore, couple freshman and 7th and 8th graders on the team, so they didn't have a varsity program this year. They did schedule some of the weaker varsity teams to just get some playing experience for them. They play in the 53rd District, but will not be playing in this years tourney. They hope to get back to the varsity level next year with a full schedule. Rebuilding year for them.
Owsley County wasn't much older than that and they still played a schedule. Some games they started 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores. Just won 3 games but stil played a full slate.
I might have misunderstood your post. Are you saying that JBS had only 3 high schoolers and the rest were middle school. That would make it very difficult. Somehow Riveride manages though. I think they've only got about 25 students in their entire high school.
No more Stepps playing, so I guess the world has to come to an end...
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley County wasn't much older than that and they still played a schedule. Some games they started 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores. Just won 3 games but stil played a full slate.
I might have misunderstood your post. Are you saying that JBS had only 3 high schoolers and the rest were middle school. That would make it very difficult. Somehow Riveride manages though. I think they've only got about 25 students in their entire high school.

Thats a little rough to do with that many students to work with.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley County wasn't much older than that and they still played a schedule. Some games they started 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores. Just won 3 games but stil played a full slate.

:Thumbs:
Hard to have a team when Knott Co steals all your players.
I watched them play Owsley at Riverside and yes they do play some young kids. They play hard and its good to see that they are trying to keep the program going.
Aslan Wrote:Hard to have a team when Knott Co steals all your players.

And Hazard. Maybe JBS and Breathitt County can start a support group for schools for that have been rape and pillaged of their star players from neighboring schools.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:And Hazard. Maybe JBS and Breathitt County can start a support group for schools for that have been rape and pillaged of their star players from neighboring schools.

Give it a rest, goodness, everyone is tired of you running your mouth about things you have no clue about. Hazard got the Jbs kid because they were not going to have a varsity program and his dad wanted him to play on a varsity team this year, and Breathitt lost their player due to a "LEGIT" move by her parents due to parents job and amount of time for travel to and from work. "LET IT GO" :please:
Kids want to win and play for a winning school... But how many kids that PLAY for Hazard or Knott are from JBS.... And I mean Actually PLAY!!!
OrangenowBlue Wrote:And Hazard. Maybe JBS and Breathitt County can start a support group for schools for that have been rape and pillaged of their star players from neighboring schools.

:worthy:
ekff Wrote:Kids want to win and play for a winning school... But how many kids that PLAY for Hazard or Knott are from JBS.... And I mean Actually PLAY!!!

Yep :Thumbs: