Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 62 Lawrence County 40
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
i noticed multiple kids i had never seen before on valleys team, must have transferred in. just out of curiosity where is the kid that was the six man on the team last year. i believe he was a freshman last year with kinda long hair.
Shelby Valley was without 5 varsity players, all 8th graders that were playing in the county finals. Two of which play significant minutes,the starting PG Richardson and back-up center Newsome.Valley lost 9 players from last season.
9-POINT Wrote:i noticed multiple kids i had never seen before on valleys team, must have transferred in. just out of curiosity where is the kid that was the six man on the team last year. i believe he was a freshman last year with kinda long hair.

new o Wrote:Shelby Valley was without 5 varsity players, all 8th graders that were playing in the county finals. Two of which play significant minutes,the starting PG Richardson and back-up center Newsome.Valley lost 9 players from last season.

Wow, I was going to say that the team seemed to have lost a little of that edge that helped them against Johnson Central. I had no idea that it was the middle school kids that was the reason. Man, it is pretty amazing that this team is so dependent on such young players.

Good win though. Hopefully the Cats will give Perry Central a good game and keep the good play going into the district tourney.
First, congrats to SV. Second, congrats to these boys at LC. This was LC's senior night and these kids have continued to play hard all season long despite everything.

These kids have shown they have more heart than any team I've seen for a while now. Good Luck Dogs!
I just don't understand allowing these kids to play at both levels. It has to be taking a toll on these young men.
Lawrence County has had a rough year and I hope those young men keep their heads held high. They have played hard despite everything that has happened this season.
I was told this morning that the score was 62-40. I had gotten 52-40 from the KHSAA website last night. Sorry if I was mistaken.
This team has only beat one good team! And from what I hear the other coach benched the starting five for what ever reason the whole first half! Its not a run,, its a run of playing bad teams! Keep dreaming Valley fans but its your turn to sit out of the region this year. HAIL Pikeville!
Congrats To SV for picking up the win.

On a side note, Lawrence County is a top 10 worst team in the entire state.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Congrats To SV for picking up the win.

On a side note, Lawrence County is a top 10 worst team in the entire state.

Everyone knows that LC is having a down year. BUT, those kids HAVE improved and have earned much respect from EVERYONE in the Region. They didn't quit and have played their hearts out EVERY game this season. My hat's off to LC and their coaching staff! Keep working hard guys! :Clap:
The Iceboxx Wrote:On a side note, Lawrence County is a top 10 worst team in the entire state.

Was that necessary? But then again I guess anything to make yourself feel better right?
OffTheHook Wrote:Everyone knows that LC is having a down year. BUT, those kids HAVE improved and have earned much respect from EVERYONE in the Region. They didn't quit and have played their hearts out EVERY game this season. My hat's off to LC and their coaching staff! Keep working hard guys! :Clap:
Thank you! Nice to see some see how hard these guys have worked and how much heart they have put into it.
LCDawg Wrote:First, congrats to SV. Second, congrats to these boys at LC. This was LC's senior night and these kids have continued to play hard all season long despite everything.

These kids have shown they have more heart than any team I've seen for a while now. Good Luck Dogs!

Great post. I thik that these kids deserved a good round of applause. Hope that LC can turn it around in the coming years!
StanTheFan Wrote:This team has only beat one good team! And from what I hear the other coach benched the starting five for what ever reason the whole first half! Its not a run,, its a run of playing bad teams! Keep dreaming Valley fans but its your turn to sit out of the region this year. HAIL Pikeville!

hahahahaha stan the fan your an idiot. Johnson Central didnt bench they starters the whole frist half. He benched them with 4 min left in the first half. and Valley was already up 10. The subs came in and Valley pushed the lead to 16 but they cut it down to 10 at half. The Starters played the WHOLE 2nd half and it got as close as 5. Valley stil ended up winnin by 10. If pikeville is SOOO much better than Valley why did they only beat them by 4 boh games?
but yea shelby valley won this game by 22. LC has improved alot since the first of the season. They never give up and thats good. I wish them luck in the future.
Where is Zach Ramey?!?!?!
9-POINT Wrote:Where is Zach Ramey?!?!?!

He wasn't allowed to play this year. I think it was ruled that his 4 years of eligibility were up.
It was a shame. The kid was a good ball player and I am sure would have loved to give this team that extra burst!
Time2Shine Wrote:hahahahaha stan the fan your an idiot. Johnson Central didnt bench they starters the whole frist half. He benched them with 4 min left in the first half. and Valley was already up 10. The subs came in and Valley pushed the lead to 16 but they cut it down to 10 at half. The Starters played the WHOLE 2nd half and it got as close as 5. Valley stil ended up winnin by 10. If pikeville is SOOO much better than Valley why did they only beat them by 4 boh games?

Because there are a few games a year you use as practice and use to develope a bench. Valley was the weakest on the schedule so I guess we picked them,,,LOL
StanTheFan Wrote:This team has only beat one good team! And from what I hear the other coach benched the starting five for what ever reason the whole first half! Its not a run,, its a run of playing bad teams! Keep dreaming Valley fans but its your turn to sit out of the region this year. HAIL Pikeville!

Interesting, trying to downgrade the one "good team" you say that Valley has beaten this year. Does this score from a couple weeks ago involving said team ring a bell?

Johnson Central 57
Pikeville 40

Looks like maybe beating JC on the road was an impressive win for Valley after all! :Thumbs:
StanTheFan Wrote:Because there are a few games a year you use as practice and use to develope a bench. Valley was the weakest on the schedule so I guess we picked them,,,LOL

Yeah right... I was at that game and by no means was Pikeville sitting their starters to try to "develop the bench". They wanted to win the game just as much as SV did, and both teams gave it their all. I'm pretty sure the Pikeville side was scared to death they were going to lose that game.

Tell me one thing. How is that in this season we see both the best team Pikeville has fielded in 10 years, and the worst Shelby Valley team in over 10 years, yet in both games Pikeville has struggled to pull out 4 point wins (one in overtime)?

Don't get me wrong, Pikeville has a good team this year, and they ARE better than Valley. But not by as much as you seem to think.
StanTheFan Wrote:Because there are a few games a year you use as practice and use to develope a bench. Valley was the weakest on the schedule so I guess we picked them,,,LOL
all i can say is if they get good refs that dont give pikeville some spark like the last game at pikeville. you may see a surprise district champ being shelby valley. and 100% sure pikevilles bench didnt play the whole game against valley either time. i was at both games.
More Cowbell Wrote:Yeah right... I was at that game and by no means was Pikeville sitting their starters to try to "develop the bench". They wanted to win the game just as much as SV did, and both teams gave it their all. I'm pretty sure the Pikeville side was scared to death they were going to lose that game.

Tell me one thing. How is that in this season we see both the best team Pikeville has fielded in 10 years, and the worst Shelby Valley team in over 10 years, yet in both games Pikeville has struggled to pull out 4 point wins (one in overtime)?

Don't get me wrong, Pikeville has a good team this year, and they ARE better than Valley. But not by as much as you seem to think.
This is no way the best Pikeville team in the last 10 years.
Panther Thunder Wrote:This is no way the best Pikeville team in the last 10 years.

I guess from the position in the region as a whole, it probably is. But what team are you thinking about as being better than this one? The one from 06-07?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I guess from the position in the region as a whole, it probably is. But what team are you thinking about as being better than this one? The one from 06-07?
06-07 and 07-08. This year may be a little bit, but not much better than 08-09, 09-10.

It's not like Pikeville has improved a ton just this season. They have the 2nd most wins the past 5 years in the 15th. If I read the stat correctly on the note sheet I saw.
See what I mean,, valley fans started the season saying how they were going to dominate the region again cause this years team played against last years so they were gonna be awsome,, they realized they sucked so they made excuses about the age of the players being so young, then they just stayed queit,, and now they beat a good team in a fluke occurance and there right back at it,, DO YOU ALL NOT REMEMBER WHAT THE CROW TASTED LIKE AT THE BEGINING OF THE SEASON, OR ARE YOU REALLY THAT HUNGRY FOR SECONDS?? You got no chance making it to the region so stop it with the false hope!
Panther Thunder Wrote:It's not like Pikeville has improved a ton just this season. .

It's just that the rest of the region has stooped to their level of competition right?
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:It's just that the rest of the region has stooped to their level of competition right?
The rest of the region? If you mean SV then, yes. Pikeville has been a consistent #2-#3 in the region the past 5 years.
StanTheFan Wrote:See what I mean,, valley fans started the season saying how they were going to dominate the region again cause this years team played against last years so they were gonna be awsome,, they realized they sucked so they made excuses about the age of the players being so young, then they just stayed queit,, and now they beat a good team in a fluke occurance and there right back at it,, DO YOU ALL NOT REMEMBER WHAT THE CROW TASTED LIKE AT THE BEGINING OF THE SEASON, OR ARE YOU REALLY THAT HUNGRY FOR SECONDS?? You got no chance making it to the region so stop it with the false hope!

What arrogance in your post. What Valley fans are you talking about that said they were going to "dominate the region" this year? None that I know of, and certainly none of the well-respected SV posters on here. Most agreed that this would be a rebuilding year, and pegged Valley for the middle of the pack in the 15th region. And I must say, I don't know what the crow tastes like since I haven't had to eat any personally.

I ask you this, though. You stated in your post that Valley, and I quote, "sucked." If this is true, and considering Pikeville was only able to squeak by SV by 4 points both games, where does that leave the Panthers? Does that mean they suck too, just slightly less than Valley? :biggrin:
Pages: 1 2