Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Virgie 56 Elkhorn City 38: Pike County Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congratulations to the Eagles on winning the title and to Elkhorn City on being runner up.

For Virgie:

Andrew Newsome 23 points
Dalton Richardson 15 points
Corey Hamilton 12 points
Dalton Maldonado 2 points
Chandler Rowe 2 points
Nick Wallace 2 points

For Elkhorn City:

Austin Hylton 13 points
Hunter Swindall 13 points
David Adkins 5 points
Austin Rowe 3 points
Trey Little 2 points
Elijah Epling 2 points

Consolation Game
Pikeville 49
Feds Creek 37

For Pikeville:

Blaine May 20 points
Cody Estep 10 points
Ben Maynard 8 points
Austin Charles 4 points
Steven Silvers 4 points
Ryder Johnson 3 points

For Feds Creek:

Jacob Chaney 23 points
Christian Taylor 7 points
Christian Hagy 4 points
Austin Sullivan 2 points
Eric Dotson 1 point

All Tournament Team

Teddy Smith--Johns Creek
Keaton Taylor--Belfry
Hunter Clark--Mullins
Zach Huffman--Dorton
Christian Hagy--Feds Creek
Jacob Chaney--Feds Creek
Cody Estep--Pikeville
Blaine May--Pikeville
Hunter Swindall--Elkhorn
Michael Fields--Elkhorn
Austin Hylton--Elkhorn
Dalton Maldonado--Virgie
Chandler Rowe--Virgie
Corey Hamilton--Virgie
Dalton Richardson--Virgie
Andrew Newsome--Virgie (MVP)
I guess for Virgie 3rd times a charm.... finally champs!

Go Eagles!!!
Sounds like a great tourney with a great Champ. I would love to see Virgie, play the Floyd Co Champ Betsy Layne. From what I have heard and saw, both teams have numerous athletes, with outstanding coaches. Maybe this could be an exhibition one night at the expo during or before a regional tournament game. But I have to stick with the roots, and take the Floyd County team....Betsy Layne. Good luck to all mountain teams this weekend at the State Tournament......I know that I will be down there watching my son, but pulling hard for the mountains.
i think their are other kids that should be on the all tournament team that didn't have their names on this so called list
piratefan20 Wrote:i think their are other kids that should be on the all tournament team that didn't have their names on this so called list

There always is. The instructions to all coaches at the tournament meeting were that there would be 15 All Tournament members plus the MVP. The champion would receive 4 members, plus the MVP. The runner up would receive 3 members. The 3rd and 4th place teams would get 2 each. There would be 4 members chosen off the 7 remaining teams. The team was based on voting by the coaches. We received ballots from 7 of the 11 coaches. The others did not turn one in. Coaches were not allowed to vote for their own players.
I thought you guys did a great job with the tournament. A lot of fans there too. I hope I get some gates like that for my football and baseball. LOL!!!!

Congrats go out to the Virgie Eagles on the championship. I really loved watching all the teams compete in the tournament. Good sportsmanship at the end of the games as well.

Thanks to the Dorton Admin. and Coaches Randy Davis and Dale Jarrell for a great tournament.