Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Intersting News about Egyptian Uprising
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently found an article that I thought was interesting. Here's the link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...ising.html

What do you guys think? I'm just confused why we would be willing to encourage a riot in our ally's country while not encouraging riots in Iran. I know the leader of Egypt hurt a lot of people, but I would think we would at least encourage riots in Iran when they started if we're willing to encourage riots in Egypt.
Think about what you're saying. Iran is much different than Egypt, and they wouldn't think twice of shedding some blood to violently put a revolution down. Look at how many people died in the last Iranian riots a couple of years ago.

The last I heard, around 300 people had died in Egypt during these riots. But, most of those were accidents. In Iran, most of the people killed during their riots died at the hands of the military and police.

Also, we may have some underlying interests in Iran that we, the public, don't know about. I was talking to one of my SNCO's the other day about the early years of the war in Afghanistan..I was very surprised to learn that we actually worked with Iranian Special Forces in 2001 and 2002 in many battles, namely the Battle of Herat, and many other smaller towns. I was just surprised to hear that, especially with all the tension there is between the U.S. and Iran, and there was just as much back then.
Iran would probably be a great ally if they went to a true democracy and shed their right wing religious govt whose main goal is the destruction of Israel.

The good news is most of the younger population of Iran is very pro American and Democracy. Also they hate their current govt and the way they use their religion to wage war through proxy groups.

The best thing for us is to see a change in power and govt in Iran. Not only will we gain an ally, we will cut the throats of the Russians and Chinese in the region, which is a must because its only a matter of time before we are going at it with them.