Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KBA releases opening round and tournament bracket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking at the bracket, two major matchups that could happen in the very first round of the tournament after games are placed friday night is Virgie vs. Knox County and Betsy Layne vs. Adams
Virgie vs. Knox in the first round is crazy. Two teams from last years 7th grade final four.Of course both must win Friday to set this up but still does not make sense. Win or go home.
new o Wrote:Virgie vs. Knox in the first round is crazy. Two teams from last years 7th grade final four.Of course both must win Friday to set this up but still does not make sense. Win or go home.

Doesn't make much sense. They should have seeded the top teams somehow so matchups like this weren't likely to happen so early.
Your going to have to beat them at some point, and that goes for every team in it. I agree this could be a championship match...but thats the way random draws happen.
Doe Doe, I just looked at everything and you all got by far the WORST draw I could've ever imagined. Whether you beat Southwestern or not, you all are going to be playing favorites in the first round or two. But then again, you could go down there and beat them all and thin things out for the mountains! Which is what I hope you do!

If Southwestern was to beat you guys, you play the loser of Wayne County and Sebastian, and the winner of that will most likely play Clay County.
It will be very interesting come Friday.Like a coach once told me, you don't have to beat them all just the ones that are in your bracket.
I don't know if the brackets changed but the one I see has Betsy Layne vs Southwestern on Friday. Southwestern sometimes called Southern was in the Final 8 last year in 7th grade. Should be a great game. Virgie and Knox should not play first round, but oh well.

Crosby is always good.

Johnson County will be much better than they were during the season with 2 additional players that have already played at least 4 games with the team. They had a big lead over South Laurel this past weekend. Don't know if South had all their players or not.
cart man Wrote:I don't know if the brackets changed but the one I see has Betsy Layne vs Southwestern on Friday. Southwestern sometimes called Southern was in the Final 8 last year in 7th grade. Should be a great game. Virgie and Knox should not play first round, but oh well.

Crosby is always good.

Johnson County will be much better than they were during the season with 2 additional players that have already played at least 4 games with the team. They had a big lead over South Laurel this past weekend. Don't know if South had all their players or not.

They switched the first round games. The first schedule that came out had Betsy Layne playing Eastside and Southwestern playing Virgie.
Just looked at the first round games and a few more teams have been switched around.
I noticed that too Slate. We were originally supposed to play Southren and now we play Eastside.
new o Wrote:I noticed that too Slate. We were originally supposed to play Southren and now we play Eastside.

Does Adams and Betsy Layne play in the first round ? Or who does Adams play
Adams plays LCA on Friday evening.
Anyone know anything about LCA other than Cal's son plays for them ?
MR. Slate Wrote:Just looked at the first round games and a few more teams have been switched around.

Good Luck Coach....keep us informed.
If LCA was to beat Adams, and Betsy Layne beats Southern...BL and Adams will play in the first round of the tournament
Raceland drew last years 7th grade winners MOSS. We will see how that turns out.
Moss won the 7th grade 2 years ago. Wayne County won the 7th grade last year.
Most tournaments we've attended at KBA are like that. One side is really weak with the exception of 1 or 2 teams and the other side is loaded. You learn to get used to it. I think Wayne Co seems a little burnt out, they've not been the same team, hopefully they bring it this weekend. Watch out for Southwestern, they're legit.