Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bryan Station New Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Craig Yeast Has Been Named The New Head Coach OF The Bryan Station Defenders

http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/2011/02/...rylink=rss
Good Hire for Bryan Station. what is Bryan stations schedule for 2011?
With the talent they have they should compete for the regional championship every year. They had a really good jv team last year and their freshman were great. Hope Mumme's Air Raid offense can play better defense. They have enough talent to play in BG on a regular basis. We will see if the system can get it done because lack of talent won't be the reason.
Where has Yeast coached before? I had heard he was a coordinator somewhere
Seems like this job would have drawn coaches with a proven track record and more experience. Time will tell how this one will go. Good luck BS!
Time will tell how successful he will be. If Coach Yeast is allowed to put a staff together like he wants, then Bryan Station is getting ready to be really good, really fast, for a really long time.
Having a proven track record had nothing to do with who got this job.That was not a priority for this adminastration.
Great playing career. But coaching experience is 3 assistant jobs in 3 years and he gets the 6A Bryan Station job? Goodluck.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Great playing career. But coaching experience is 3 assistant jobs in 3 years and he gets the 6A Bryan Station job? Goodluck.

Every school he has been the offensive coordinator at their offense/team got better the year he was there. Go check the stats. Then go back and look and see what happened after he left. His desire is to be a head coach and I think he has been around enough football to make a great high school coach.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Every school he has been the offensive coordinator at their offense/team got better the year he was there. Go check the stats. Then go back and look and see what happened after he left. His desire is to be a head coach and I think he has been around enough football to make a great high school coach.

3 years coaching experience as an assistant at 3 different schools is more of a red flag to me than what he did in 1 year at each of those schools. If I were Bryan Station i'd be more comfortable if his 3 years coaching experience were all at one school. That would be more of a gauge of his coaching ability IMO. No question he has been around a lot of football as a player. Again, goodluck to Yeast and Bryan Station.
This guy is a winner, and that's all that matters.

You want 3 years at the same school, when all he did was try to move up. It seems that high school coaching is more about WHO you know than WHAT you know. Maybe he was a thret to the HC's in those three years and decided to move on....in fact, we don't know why he moved around. It should be obvious that he does well with a new team!

A guy that played in the SEC and then the NFL and then CFL, its obvious that he knows a little something about the game.

Good for him....congrats and good luck.
Congrats Coach Yeast
I would like to know where he coached so I can see some of his impressive stats.
Lincoln, Marion were his 1st 2 stops. To my knowledge he does not hold a teaching Certificate and IMO is why he got the job. This was the cheapest salary BS could get away with as HC.

I wish him luck but it seems the admin at BS is not to concerned with football.
He coached 3 years in Cananda and at 3 different HS here in KY. He will NOT be running the Air Raid offense. He will be in a MAT program/finishing up one so he will be certified to teach special ed.
No offense, I hope Craig does well, but he got the job for 3 reasons. UK, he is black, and not a teacher (saves money). Sorry if that rubs ppl the wrong way but its the facts.
All true, but you forgot #4...the fact that he's a dang good football coach!
Anyone know for a fact they are not going to hire him as a teacher? He is in a program to become a teacher so they can hire him as on.
Or it could be easy to say he moved from school to school as talent wasn't going to be as high the next year? Let's not forget, just because you are a decent OC doesn't translate into being a great head coach, not in the least. However, he's young and eager and that will be half the battle. Raising money at that school might be the other half of the battle...isn't Fayette Co. one that only provides the facility, head coach, and electric bill? Good luck, I hope he succeeds, those kids need success and stability.
Hope he does a good job for the school! They have had a ton of talent and very questionable coaching the past couple of years. This school should have a lot more wins than are being put up.
Great players don't always equal great coaches.
I think Lincoln won 1 game during his time coordinating. That is the most important stat. Marion was winning before he got there. Washington co is normally up and down. The story I have been hearing about why he left are very interesting. I also heard he coached at Boyle Co for only part of a season. Why? Anyway. Hope it works out for him this time.
I'm sorry, but outside of your information about Lincoln you are wrong. He led Marion Co. to their best offensive season and finish ever. They didn't lose to Loan Oak because they didn't score enough points to win. Then us goes to Washington and helps them have the best season they've had in 13 years. I don't see the issue with his next step being a head coach.
Jackson05 Wrote:I'm sorry, but outside of your information about Lincoln you are wrong. He led Marion Co. to their best offensive season and finish ever. They didn't lose to Loan Oak because they didn't score enough points to win. Then us goes to Washington and helps them have the best season they've had in 13 years. I don't see the issue with his next step being a head coach.
So did he coach at Boyle or Danville?
He lives in Danville, but to my knowledge, has never coached at either school.
Jackson05 Wrote:He lives in Danville, but to my knowledge, has never coached at either school.

I heard ti was at Danville and he was gone by week 3
I believe they he will have a lot of fire and really get kids out to play.

All SEC- WR , and Former Pro football player, will get every quality athlete in the building out...
False Hope Wrote:I heard ti was at Danville and he was gone by week 3

Why would that happen? I had heard he was at Boyle. Could have that info incorrect?
Over the years, I've seen LOTS of head coaches hired who were younger, with a LOT less exposure to various levels/systems of the game than Yeast currently has.

Like all new head coaching hires, most of the outcome will depend on the staff he assembles, but I really don't think this is such a bad hire for the Defenders.

Look at their records the past few years. Really, could it get much worse?