Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County 56 - Perry Central 50
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

Perry needs to win at Shelby Valley later this week to give them back the momentum going into District.
I was afraid of this!
As was I, Zaga.
perry started out the game 10-3 then the refs decided to take control of the game to get bell back in it. they called 2 quick fouls on dillon one of which he was no where near the ball. bell made a run with him out of the game and drawing fouls whenever they were touched. the end of the 1st quarter the foul count was 8-0. bell county was the most physical team pccs played all year but the refs wouldn't call any fouls on them. perry fought back and had a 6 point lead in the fourth after bein down more than 10 earlier in the game. but bell made their free throws and had a big 3 which led to them retaking the lead. the foul count for the game ended up being 26-10 and bell county shot 25 fts to pccs 10 and all pcc did was go inside. i dread seeing these refs in the 14th region tournament this year.
The officiating is not always going to go your way and you can't pin the loss on the officials.
Bell is a tough team and they have struggled lately.
This game was the biggest game they've played in all season and they played hard enough to win the game.
Bell made the plays down the stretch and that's what got them the win.
Congrats to Bell, that was a very good win.
wood_chuck Wrote:perry started out the game 10-3 then the refs decided to take control of the game to get bell back in it. they called 2 quick fouls on dillon one of which he was no where near the ball. bell made a run with him out of the game and drawing fouls whenever they were touched. the end of the 1st quarter the foul count was 8-0. bell county was the most physical team pccs played all year but the refs wouldn't call any fouls on them. perry fought back and had a 6 point lead in the fourth after bein down more than 10 earlier in the game. but bell made their free throws and had a big 3 which led to them retaking the lead. the foul count for the game ended up being 26-10 and bell county shot 25 fts to pccs 10 and all pcc did was go inside. i dread seeing these refs in the 14th region tournament this year.

Your #'s are a little off?? The big boy was the focus of Bell early in the game. They purposely drove at him to hopefully get him in foul trouble. The foul count was closer than 26-10. PCC actually reached the bonus before Bell in the 2nd half. Fouls were 8 to 2 at 1 point in the 1st half in favor of Bell. If you noticed 1 ref called everything on both teams Bell just got lucky he was in position under there basket most of the time. lol

Glad to see Bell finally show back-up and play some decent ball.

2 very good teams and I wish PCC the best of luck in the 14th and hope they reach RUPP. Good luck with the 13 region officials.
Didn't see this one coming..Congrats Bell on the win against a good Perry Central team. Lets get back in the winning ways thursday night Perry!
Congrats to Bell!!! They did play and shoot the ball very well. I dont make EXCUSES. The officiating was one sided. Wasnt even close. The foul count was 8 to 0 in the 1st half. It was very obvious that PCCs 2 bigs werent gonna play a factor in this game. Once again, not making excuses because if you are the #12 team in the state and #1 in the mountains you have to find a way to overcome these things.
Man who do you pick in the 13th region.
Clay Co. or Harlan Co.
wood_chuck Wrote:perry started out the game 10-3 then the refs decided to take control of the game to get bell back in it. they called 2 quick fouls on dillon one of which he was no where near the ball. bell made a run with him out of the game and drawing fouls whenever they were touched. the end of the 1st quarter the foul count was 8-0. bell county was the most physical team pccs played all year but the refs wouldn't call any fouls on them. perry fought back and had a 6 point lead in the fourth after bein down more than 10 earlier in the game. but bell made their free throws and had a big 3 which led to them retaking the lead. the foul count for the game ended up being 26-10 and bell county shot 25 fts to pccs 10 and all pcc did was go inside. i dread seeing these refs in the 14th region tournament this year.

Pardon me, but, I have heard these same kind of comments when other teams have visited John C. Combs Arena.
Rooster Cogburn Wrote:Pardon me, but, I have heard these same kind of comments when other teams have visited John C. Combs Arena.

You'll have to forgive him....
everytime PCC loses he makes up a really good excuse Wink
Rooster Cogburn Wrote:Pardon me, but, I have heard these same kind of comments when other teams have visited John C. Combs Arena.

You've heard wrong.

Congrats Bell. I'm sure the 13th region officials were terrible, they always are, but you have to expect that when you go on the road out of your own region.
Bell Co. will win the 13th region. Ive been picking them all year, even picked them to win the 13th in the preseason.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Your #'s are a little off?? The big boy was the focus of Bell early in the game. They purposely drove at him to hopefully get him in foul trouble. The foul count was closer than 26-10. PCC actually reached the bonus before Bell in the 2nd half. Fouls were 8 to 2 at 1 point in the 1st half in favor of Bell. If you noticed 1 ref called everything on both teams Bell just got lucky he was in position under there basket most of the time. lol

Glad to see Bell finally show back-up and play some decent ball.

2 very good teams and I wish PCC the best of luck in the 14th and hope they reach RUPP. Good luck with the 13 region officials.

no it wasnt. it was 9-3 in the 1st half and 17-7 in the second half. i already looked at the score book.
wood_chuck Wrote:no it wasnt. it was 9-3 in the 1st half and 17-7 in the second half. i already looked at the score book.

It also says in the score book 56-50 in the points column.
The only stat that matters.
Perry was up in the fourth and had a chance to win this one but they choked it on the road.
Better luck next time.
Sounds like a fantastic game to go to. I am glad that I do not have to be there on Friday to see a ticked off Perry Central team roll into to the gym.
zaga_fan Wrote:It also says in the score book 56-50 in the points column.
Perry was up in the fourth and had a chance to win this one but they choked it on the road.
Better luck next time.

I thought you were a PCC fan? lol
Aslan Wrote:You've heard wrong.

Congrats Bell. I'm sure the 13th region officials were terrible, they always are, but you have to expect that when you go on the road out of your own region.

actually he heard right, I can't count on both hands how many times PCC has won games at home in games supposelly like the Bell game. PCC has won many games with the refs on their side, especially during the Big Al Era. Plus when they beat Shelby Valley last yerar was another one. Region being at Hazard is really going to show how tough this Hatcher team is. If they can win the region with the calls going both ways will show how good this team truly is.
Crazy Horse Wrote:actually he heard right, I can't count on both hands how many times PCC has won games at home in games supposelly like the Bell game. PCC has won many games with the refs on their side, especially during the Big Al Era. Plus when they beat Shelby Valley last yerar was another one. Region being at Hazard is really going to show how tough this Hatcher team is. If they can win the region with the calls going both ways will show how good this team truly is.
:rockon::Thumbs::notworthy:Clap:TongueirateSho:Cheerlead

The Valley game was a good called game, BUT I still gotta agree with you on PCC's home court advantage. I've been to plenty of games when PCC got a game called 10 times worse than what everyone is saying about the Bell game. If people want to complain about fouls, then people should have been complaining for years about Punkin Arena.
zaga_fan Wrote:It also says in the score book 56-50 in the points column.
Better luck next time.

I definitely am.
I'm also a member of the media so I try to remain unbiased lol
But I'm riding woodchuck for a couple of reasons.
The first being the fact that after the last 2 losses, as soon as he could post an excuse he did it. The last time he blamed Hatcher for the loss.
Most of us know who he is and out of everyone on here Woodchuck us the last person that should question anything Coach Hatcher says.

and if you get on the pro and college forums in here you can tell that I have a pet peave....
and that is whining about the refs.
I'm a referee and I understand how hard it is and what a hard time we get from people.
I also think that players shouldn't leave the game up to the referees in the first place.
Perry went into a team's house from a rival region and you have to know you aren't going to get the 50-50 calls and you should prepare for that.
If you didn't prepare for it, when it's evident in the first few moments of the game you adjust.
If Perry is up 6 points in the fourth all they have to do is play smart and hit their free throws. All they do is hold the ball. If they have a 5 pt lead in the first minute they could run that offense and win without breaking double digits lol
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Sounds like a fantastic game to go to. I am glad that I do not have to be there on Friday to see a ticked off Perry Central team roll into to the gym.

I'd say not.
They might score 100 on Valley lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I definitely am.
I'm also a member of the media so I try to remain unbiased lol
But I'm riding woodchuck for a couple of reasons.
The first being the fact that after the last 2 losses, as soon as he could post an excuse he did it. The last time he blamed Hatcher for the loss.
Most of us know who he is and out of everyone on here Woodchuck us the last person that should question anything Coach Hatcher says.

and if you get on the pro and college forums in here you can tell that I have a pet peave....
and that is whining about the refs.
I'm a referee and I understand how hard it is and what a hard time we get from people.
I also think that players shouldn't leave the game up to the referees in the first place.
Perry went into a team's house from a rival region and you have to know you aren't going to get the 50-50 calls and you should prepare for that.
If you didn't prepare for it, when it's evident in the first few moments of the game you adjust.
If Perry is up 6 points in the fourth all they have to do is play smart and hit their free throws. All they do is hold the ball. If they have a 5 pt lead in the first minute they could run that offense and win without breaking double digits lol

where you at the game? if not then you can't say much about what went on in the game because you didn't witness any of it.
wood_chuck Wrote:where you at the game? if not then you can't say much about what went on in the game because you didn't witness any of it.

I was there, bro.
I didn't have as good of a seat as you did.
However, I was still in attendance.
Not too surprised by this score. Morris is a good coach and Bell could be dangerous. They have been playing really bad lately but could make the 13th very interesting.
zaga_fan Wrote:I was there, bro.
I didn't have as good of a seat as you did.
However, I was still in attendance.

I didn't see you, lol.
Yeah we get homecooking at home. Thats why Harlan, Knox Central, Harlan Co beat us at Home.
UkFan23 Wrote:I didn't see you, lol.

I had to work late and I had some Valentine's Day stuff planned with the wife so we came late.
Wished I wouldn't have went at all lol
but it was a good game
zaga_fan Wrote:The officiating is not always going to go your way and you can't pin the loss on the officials.
Bell is a tough team and they have struggled lately.
This game was the biggest game they've played in all season and they played hard enough to win the game.
Bell made the plays down the stretch and that's what got them the win.
It's never going to go your way if you're playing a 13th region team and your team is from another region. It's like that to a certain degree in most regions, but in the 13th it's 10x worse.
Pages: 1 2