Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 16th Region Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has been a crazy year in the 16th region. IMO 3 or 4 teams could win this region. Who do you think takes it?
Ashland has gone thru the 16th like a Zepher thru the trees.They wont let this trip to Bowling Green slip by them.I see Boyd Co. as their only roadblock.YES there are 3-4 teams that could represent the 16th,, but I do feel the KITTENS will claw & scratch their way to victory.
I'll give you the Kittens and the field, other than Boyd, Fleming, Rowan and West. You can have Ashland and the rest of the 16th and I'll take my chances. Those 5 that I have named all have an equal chance of winning it.
HD28 Wrote:I'll give you the Kittens and the field, other than Boyd, Fleming, Rowan and West. You can have Ashland and the rest of the 16th and I'll take my chances. Those 5 that I have named all have an equal chance of winning it.

Also, Fleming and Rowan have the home court advantage. I dont care what any poster thinks...it does make a difference. Having posted this, I will also agree that Ashland is the team to beat.
Leisure Larry Wrote:Also, Fleming and Rowan have the home court advantage. I dont care what any poster thinks...it does make a difference. Having posted this, I will also agree that Ashland is the team to beat.

I totally agree. The regional being at Morehead is an advantage for Rowan and may be just the push they need for a 4th straight trip to Diddle.
Some would take the 64th District vs. the rest. I think it is still wide open. Experience goes to Boyd, East, Rowan and West as they all start three or more Seniors. Fleming has been consistently good all year and Ashland has been on a roll all season, which was a surprise to all. Rowan has the Morehea advantage, which could loom very large. Since all districts seed now, the tournament should be very exciting.
I think of all teams boyd should win it, they have the most Experiance, but they will have to play hard the whole game to beat Ashland. Ashland will be tougher on the larger floor I think
ncis Wrote:I think of all teams boyd should win it, they have the most Experiance, but they will have to play hard the whole game to beat Ashland. Ashland will be tougher on the larger floor I think

I'm not saying I disagree with you because I think that Boyd will be a tough out in the tourney. I am curious as to why you think Boyd has the advantage over Ashland when Ashland has already beaten Boyd at Ashland, on Boyd's home court, and on a neutral college sized court.
Don't get me wrong I would love to see Ashland win it all, I just know boyd on their homecourt was one of Ashland toughest games this year and I know boyd wants to beat Ashland really bad and Pete will have them fired up for it. I do not expect Ashland to lay down for them at all, they are a very tough young team and will give boyd all they want. It may just come down to who catches a few breaks. Boyd has the Experiance but Ashland has speed and a refuse to lose attitude. Going to be a good game!!!!
Ashland, Fleming, or Rowan IMO.
ncis Wrote:Don't get me wrong I would love to see Ashland win it all, I just know boyd on their homecourt was one of Ashland toughest games this year and I know boyd wants to beat Ashland really bad and Pete will have them fired up for it. I do not expect Ashland to lay down for them at all, they are a very tough young team and will give boyd all they want. It may just come down to who catches a few breaks. Boyd has the Experiance but Ashland has speed and a refuse to lose attitude. Going to be a good game!!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself! Good post!
I do not think Rowan will be a factor.
Ashland has beaten everybody in the region so they have to be the favorite.

Rowan, Fleming, and West Carter are also quality contenders .
Never count Rowan's girls out come tourney time. This is one of the most experienced teams in the region, they're playing in Morehead, and they know how to get it done come this time of year.
Any new predictions since east pretty much embarrassed Ashland last night
I think this may be the best thing to happen for Ashland, I still thank they are the favorites but there is 7 teams that could possibly win it Boyd,East,West,Flemming,Ashland,Rowan & Greenup in no paticular order
I don't think Greenup is in that group. I would say the other 6 all have a good shot.
LClion4life Wrote:I don't think Greenup is in that group. I would say the other 6 all have a good shot.

Agree, They will not get past Russell on Monday
dei227 Wrote:Agree, They will not get past Russell on Monday

It will be a good game, but I think they get past Russell in that one.
ncis Wrote:Any new predictions since east pretty much embarrassed Ashland last night

IMO Ashland's loss to East last night doesn't change the potential teams to win the 16th. I wouldn't say that Ashland was embarrassed last night, I would say they got beat by a quality team on their home court and that the young Ashland players learned a vital lesson last night - to not overlook any team at any time. A loss is never good, but its better to learn this lesson now than in tourney time.

I still believe that Ashland and Boyd are the front runners with West, East, Fleming, and Rowan all legitimate contenders. Good luck to all the area teams. It should be a fun postseason!
East Carter game,
1st quarter 17-7
2nd quarter 6-4; 23-11 halftime
3rd quarter 11-2; 34-13 end of 3rd
4th quarter 9-17; 43-30 final

If you look at Ashlands 4 losses the differance in the games was in either the start of the 1st quarter or the start of the 3rd quarter or a combination of both. Letting the hole dig to deep, not being able to break the press or handle the pressure and getting ran out on defensively. If they don't look at this and do what needs to be done to fix this, it will be a short tournament run.
Ashland beats Boyd to win the district, however Lady Lions win the Region
Your scouting report is good, but I don't believe a team in the 16 th region could beat the first three teams that beat them. As far as the east game, east just wanted it more and Ashland could not have played a worse game. I believe the Ashland girls are up to the challenge tonight and I don't think they r worried about being pressed at all, they have handled it all year with the exception of the east game. I think Ashland wins by 11 but I don't think these two will meet in regional.
East has been up and down all year but definiely seems to be on the up side at the moment. Ashland has had a year nobody expected, and we'll see if the young kittens can continue in the Regionals. Boyd Co. and Rowan Co, ,the pre-season favorites, are still right there. West will go as far as Perry can take them. Greenp Co. and lewis Co. are new to the Regional Tourn. scene, but can be dangerous. If Fleming Co. can get consistent scoring , they will be very hard to deal with. A great field and it's almost impossible to pick a favorite.