Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Hardin 70 - Shelby County 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Duke's Sporting Goods Valentine's Shootout @ John Hardin
Shelby County 0 2 4 3 9
John Hardin 19 19 15 17 70

Shelby County (2-19) - Hudgens 3, Powell 3, Rood 2, Martin 1.
John Hardin (14-9) - Montgomery 16, Fletcher 14, Haley 12, Shonkwiler 11, Jernigan 7, Hopwood 4, Cofer 2, Small 2, Statemen 2.

3P: Haley 3, Shonkwiler 2, Fletcher, Hopwood.

John Hardin 70, Shelby County 9:
The Bulldogs (14-9) held the the Rockets (2-19) to single digits in their victory at home. Sophomore Michelle Montgomery led all scorers with 16 points for John Hardin. John Hardin also got points from freshman guard Nawdiya Fletcher with 14 points and Tajah Haley with 12 points.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/gamestat...ty/Girls/1
Ouch
wow.
My goodness.
MLC was the worst thing to ever happen to Shelby Co. Athletics.
When my daughter's team played Shelby County we beat them by a lot of points but I really saw a lot of potential in their 8th graders. I told my husband in 2 years they were going to be really good. Their 6ft 8th grader (I think her number was #14) really had some nice moves, she is going to be a player in the 8th region by the time she is a sophomore. They also had a pretty good point guard who was also in 8th grade
bhamgirl Wrote:When my daughter's team played Shelby County we beat them by a lot of points but I really saw a lot of potential in their 8th graders. I told my husband in 2 years they were going to be really good. Their 6ft 8th grader (I think her number was #14) really had some nice moves, she is going to be a player in the 8th region by the time she is a sophomore. They also had a pretty good point guard who was also in 8th grade

The 6 foot girl is actually in 7th grade. She (Justus Martin) and the 8th grade guard (Katie Hudgens) both have a lot of potential. You are right, they could be good in a couple of years.
Sad how much opening a new school in the county can destroy a whole athletics program
The administrators in Shelby County got what they wanted... All of the athletes are at MLC and County is stuck playing 7th and 8th graders against Juniors and Seniors with a varsity schedule.
Sad situation it seems.
I thought this was misprint at first. Guess not.
Shelby Co. will get back into the swing of things.It may take some time doing but they will.