Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 67 Paintsville 66
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from JC. The 'consensus' top three in the region all struggle tonight.
Very exciting game and JC was down most of the game while I listened to it.
Congrats to JC on a great win.
I want to hear from Big Don.
I thought the final was JC 67 Paintsville 66. Either way JC got the W but they got all they wanted from Paintsville tonight. Tough battle! Keep on working Tigers!
Lisa Caldwell Wrote:I thought the final was JC 67 Paintsville 66. Either way JC got the W but they got all they wanted from Paintsville tonight. Tough battle! Keep on working Tigers!
Got the score from a text from someone. Sorry if it isn't accurate.
Big Don is here in full force.

I'll accept I was wrong with score. Nice showing by the tigers.

a W is still a W though

The 15th is for anyone up for the taking
67-66 Eagles.

Paintsville IMO proved a point tonight. These boys have dealt with so much adversity this season and just keep right on pushing. I am SO PROUD of these boys! No body gave these boys a shot tonight. And they came out guns a blazin! I LOVE this TEAM! This TEAM tonight, I think realized what they are capable of. Keep your heads up TIGERS and a pat on the back to the entire team from the HC all the way down to the last kid on the bench!

I ALWAYS say put this one behind you and get ready for the next one. NOT this time. Take this one and feed off of it! Remember what you can do and use it as fuel going into Districts. You want them again? Let's win that first one in District and you have them again!
By the way....The 57th is a Battle Field!!!!
Big Don Wrote:Big Don is here in full force.

I'll accept I was wrong with score. Nice showing by the tigers.

a W is still a W though

The 15th is for anyone up for the taking
A win by "JC by 20 or ever how many they want it to be." wasn't even close. PV lead by about that much most of the night.
TheRealVille Wrote:A win by "JC by 20 or ever how many they want it to be." wasn't even close. PV lead by about that much most of the night.

Mirror image of the last game at Paintsville.
Looks like the remaining boys stepped up when they had to, or got a chance to.
I want to give Nezbeth a shout out the boy cut his head open and the first thing out of his mouth was "Put Me back in". Also want to say It would really suck to be a ref in a game like this. All in all the tigers proved something tonight, I think the senior bunch from Paintsville wants the rematch bad now. I personally cannot wait for the rubber match.
This district is a tossup, as of tonight. If anybody goes to sleep, they might find themselves watching regions from the stands.
They knew that they have to now! BIG confidence builder for those kids!
Big Don is to old to nerd-fight.

Nice effort by the Tigers. A bounce here and a bounce there and you never know the out come of these close games.
Big Don Wrote:Big Don is to old to nerd-fight.

Nice effort by the Tigers. A bounce here and a bounce there and you never know the out come of these close games.
Now Don, you never get too old to nerd fight, join us. We have fun, just like our old high school days.:Thumbs:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I want to give Nezbeth a shout out the boy cut his head open and the first thing out of his mouth was "Put Me back in". Also want to say It would really suck to be a ref in a game like this. All in all the tigers proved something tonight, I think the senior bunch from Paintsville wants the rematch bad now. I personally cannot wait for the rubber match.

I agree about Nezbeth! Kid showed HEART! Patch me up Coach I WANT TO PLAY!!! I NEVER doubted the kid! In my heart...not a kid on that bench that wouldn't do the same thing!!!
First, hats off to the Eagles for pulling off the W tonight, but they were still out coached. Talent wise, they're at least 20 points better than P-Ville, and everyone knows it. If JC doesn't get a coach they can forget about ever going far, regardless of how much talent they have. I don't know what it's going to take for admin to see that and make a change!
bgloalcdk Wrote:First, hats off to the Eagles for pulling off the W tonight, but they were still out coached. Talent wise, they're at least 20 points better than P-Ville, and everyone knows it. If JC doesn't get a coach they can forget about ever going far, regardless of how much talent they have. I don't know what it's going to take for admin to see that and make a change!

Yup the Tigers ate the press alive all night, and Central never tried anything different.
bgloalcdk Wrote:First, hats off to the Eagles for pulling off the W tonight, but they were still out coached. Talent wise, they're at least 20 points better than P-Ville, and everyone knows it. If JC doesn't get a coach they can forget about ever going far, regardless of how much talent they have. I don't know what it's going to take for admin to see that and make a change!

Can't put all the blame on the head coach... JC has 6+ assistants over there on the sidelines, surely someone has some input.
Not the point distance I expected, but a win is a win. We got to work harder Eagles!!!
Paintsville:......... 21 - 15 - 17 - 13 = 66
Johnson Central : 12 - 20 - 16 - 19 = 67

Paintsville:
Green - 28 - 6 (2), 16/17 FTs
Caldwell - 10 - 3 (2), 1 (3), 1/4 FTs
Sublett - 10 - 1 (2), 2 (3), 2/4 FTs
Slone - 8 - 2 (2), 1 (3), 1/4 FTs
S.Daniels - 4 - 1 (2), 2/2 FTs
Nezbeth - 3 - 1 (3)
M.Daniels - 3 - 1 (3)
13 (2) - 6 (3) - 22/31 FTs - 20 Team Fouls

Johnson Central:
Parker - 34 - 10 (2), 3 (3), 6/8 FTs
JK Hall - 10 - 5 (2)
S. Hall - 9 - 3 (2), 3/5 FTs
Skaggs - 9 - 3 (2), 3/5 FTs
Salyer - 3 - 1 (3), 0/4 FTs
Bratton - 2 - 1 (2)
22 (2) - 4 (3) - 11/22 FTs - 24 Team Fouls
Congrats Central
Not a pretty win. But a WIN is a WIN! Just look at the scoreboard. Very poorly officiated as well. One ref calls 9 fouls in one quarter against the same team and often called them out of position. Wish the refs would learn to call games correctly as possible and call in there positions. Very bad call at the end of game against Shane Hall. Same ref of course. Get in the game Zebras and be fair to ALL kids. Way to go Eagles. Not pretty at all, but it goes in the win column.

If they played the first lick of defense they probably would have won by 20. Does anybody not know how to guard the baseline and play helpout defense anymore? How many times do you let somebody drive right straight down the middle and not shift over to help out? Why is the baseline continualy given up with no off side help coming over? Are kids scared to death to take a charge anymore? Is it even taught? Granted it's not the most glamorous aspect of the game. It doesn't get the crowd fired up like a dunk or a 3 from 30 feet out, but it does take guts, discipline, pride, and self sacrifice. That is what wins basketball games.
Paintsville came out on fire and jumped out to a 21-4 lead. JC outscored Paintsville by 18 after the first 6 minutes of the game. I guess the 21-4 lead was the coaches fault and the remainder of the game he gets no credit.
Players have to make plays, it is not always the coaches fault. Looking from the JC side I try to look at positives. Did this team give up? No. Did they keep chipping away? Yes.
For Paintsville I would say:
Josh Green = Most underated player in the region.
At the beginning of the season I thought there were 5 teams with a shot of winning the 15th. By January I thought there were 8 teams. Now, I am going to go with 10.
I totally agree with Bob Seger, all night no one would step in and take a charge. It was pretty easy to see that PC was coming off of the high post screens and driving to the rim. Step in take a charge or at least cut someone off. The little things makes all the difference in basketball. Coaching the small things like above including rebounding, boxing out, going after loose balls, help defense and real pride in defense, would really make this team a plus 15 point better than anyone in the region.
cart man Wrote:Paintsville came out on fire and jumped out to a 21-4 lead. JC outscored Paintsville by 18 after the first 6 minutes of the game. I guess the 21-4 lead was the coaches fault and the remainder of the game he gets no credit.
Players have to make plays, it is not always the coaches fault. Looking from the JC side I try to look at positives. Did this team give up? No. Did they keep chipping away? Yes.
For Paintsville I would say:
Josh Green = Most underated player in the region.

Has been the last THREE years!

3 Seasons at Paintsville:
17.04 PPG Career
1261 Career points so far.

79.4 % - Career Free Throw Percentage
423/533 Career Free Throws So Far.

Kid finds ways to score night in and night out!

:bball:
Pages: 1 2