Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 42 Shelby Valley 38
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from SV. Panthers go undefeated in regular season district play. Pikeville was up 23-10 at the end of one and went absolutely horridly cold. Can't have that happen in the next 3 weeks. Taylor Ratliff played very well for Pikeville. His hustle in Cecil's place was great. He makes things happen and is the best rebounding player, pound for pound, in the region. Panthers improve to 17-6. They will face Pike Central tomorrow night in the Pink Zone Breast Cancer Awareness boys/girls double header at TW Oliver. The game will be broadcast live on Ihigh.com, I will post a link later.

HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Good win for Pikeville
Anyone have any stats from this one?
Congrats to the Pikeville. By the score it looks like it was a great game.
fred taylor Wrote:if pikeville has to play to get in they will be watching for the forth year in a row Greg Newsome will not get beat twice in one year by Bart

How'd that turn out for you? :Thumbs:
Congrats Panthers!

Pikeville 23 4 5 10 42

Shelby Valley 10 9 8 11 38

Pikeville (17-6) -- Hamilton 5, Evans 6, Ratliff 11, Branham 8, E. Rowe 8, W. Rowe 4.

Shelby Valley (7-15) -- Robinson 2, Lucas 13, R. Roberts 14, Belter 2, Reynolds 5, T. Roberts 2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1DiAxWWzs
leecoukfan Wrote:Congrats Panthers!

Pikeville 23 4 5 10 42

Shelby Valley 10 9 8 11 38

Pikeville (17-6) -- Hamilton 5, Evans 6, Ratliff 11, Branham 8, E. Rowe 8, W. Rowe 4.

Shelby Valley (7-15) -- Robinson 2, Lucas 13, R. Roberts 14, Belter 2, Reynolds 5, T. Roberts 2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1DiAxWWzs
Taylor Ratliff the only guy in double figures. That's crazy. Great game from him. Can't stress enough how happy I am with the way he has stepped up this season.
Low scoring game...Great Defense?..Or lack of offense by both teams?
Big Don Wrote:Low scoring game...Great Defense?..Or lack of offense by both teams?
The first time around, I would've said good defense. Tonight was just really, really bad offense. It was mind blowing kinda. Pikeville started out on fire. 23 in 1st quarter. Then a couple players had to sit with 2 fouls and it was miserable from that point on for Pikeville. Just couldn't get in any type of rhythm.
Congrats to Pikeville. SV just can't get over the hump in these close games. There is not much difference in this region between a 17-6 team and a 7-15 team though. The Pike Central/Betsy Layne game and Johnson Central/Paintsville games show that as well.
If I were Coach Williams, #11 would not wear a Pikeville basketball jersey ever again in his life. If you were at the game - you know why.
Congrats to my Panthers. Can't let the bear be eatin ya down the stretch at this point in the season.
Panther Thunder Wrote:How'd that turn out for you? :Thumbs:

Looks like fred was dead wrong in this one.:biggrin:
We're Back
Big Five-0- Wrote:Looks like fred was dead wrong in this one.:biggrin:

Lleyton21 Wrote:If I were Coach Williams, #11 would not wear a Pikeville basketball jersey ever again in his life. If you were at the game - you know why.

I beg a difference here. It was as much #24 for valley as it was #11 for the panthers. In my opinion #24 showed more lack of sportsmanship than any kid on the court. Now quit picking on kids over a hidden name on the internet and don't just state one point thing out and single out one person.:dontthink
This Region is GREAT! A lot TEAMS in it, NOT, gonna lay down at all!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Taylor Ratliff the only guy in double figures. That's crazy. Great game from him. Can't stress enough how happy I am with the way he has stepped up this season.

PT, Anthony had 11 points in tonight's game too. I don't know who is keeping the books, but this is twice that Anthony's points have been given to someone else. You need to look at the game film so you can see what I am telling you is the facts. Oh well, it doesn't matter, it is only Anthony.

I can remember when your dad would sit in the stands keeping how many points that you and your brother made in every game.
Lleyton21 Wrote:If I were Coach Williams, #11 would not wear a Pikeville basketball jersey ever again in his life. If you were at the game - you know why.
:thatsfunn

Ok. I'll relay the message to Coach Williams.

Without Taylor Ratliff Pikeville is 0-2 vs. SV this season.
KentuckyGent44 Wrote:PT, Anthony had 11 points in tonight's game too. I don't know who is keeping the books, but this is twice that Anthony's points have been given to someone else. You need to look at the game film so you can see what I am telling you is the facts. Oh well, it doesn't matter, it is only Anthony.

I can remember when your dad would sit in the stands keeping how many points that you and your brother made in every game.
Sorry, I was just going by what was posted.

Those were the days haha.
Not very impressed by the Panthers. I have to say that both teams did not look like they deserved to be in the top tier of the region (which is correct for Valley- not so much for Pikeville). After a great start to the game scoring 23 points in the first quarter Pikeville really struggled on offense allowing a cold shooting Valley team to slowly chip away and finally get back into the game. This would take basically the whole 2nd and 3rd quarters which both teams just seemed to be offensively challenged. The better team won in the end and probably should have won by at least ten or so- but with this kind of effort I really can not say how much confidence one can have with Pikeville running through the region. Great atmosphere which allowed for chippy play at times but for the most part a well officiated game. And for the record with the #11 on the Panthers and #24 on Valley- both were at fault.
If either of these teams or anyone from either of these teams are considered tops in this region, then this is indeed the weakest region 15 in the history of Ky.basketball.I've seen grade school games with more discipline and team play than either of these teams displayed last night.Sad!!
Congrats Pikeville
In my opinion, in a perfect world, Bart, Denny Paul, and Garris, would have nothing to do with Pikeville sports.
Congrats Taylor on having a great night, and you too, Anthony!! :Thumbs:
mrsportsfan Wrote:In my opinion, in a perfect world, Bart, Denny Paul, and Garris, would have nothing to do with Pikeville sports.

In your perfect world...:yawn:
JIMLEE58 Wrote:If either of these teams or anyone from either of these teams are considered tops in this region, then this is indeed the weakest region 15 in the history of Ky.basketball.I've seen grade school games with more discipline and team play than either of these teams displayed last night.Sad!!

I believe that if you look at the breakdown of the region Pikeville would be up there in the top 3-4 fighting for the region's top spot. Last night obviously makes it look a little odd to think that Pikeville could be a top team but they have proven through out the duration of the season that they need to be in that discussion.
OffTheHook Wrote:In your perfect world...:yawn:

If John Kennedy would have known what would happen, I'm sure he would have not ridden in an open car, that fateful day. He also could have made some choices of being faithful to his wife. He didn't have many morals, so I don't think he was the best example. But not being able to tell you my reasons for what I said, does leave you a little bit intriguied, doesn't it?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I believe that if you look at the breakdown of the region Pikeville would be up there in the top 3-4 fighting for the region's top spot. Last night obviously makes it look a little odd to think that Pikeville could be a top team but they have proven through out the duration of the season that they need to be in that discussion.

Anything can happen in a rivalry game. SV is getting better with each game. Pikeville needs to re-establish an inside game or it will be one and done come regional tournament. Seems like Pikeville has been down this path the last couple years. Start the season strong using an inside outside game then by the end of the season it turns into an outside inside game. Can't figure this out.

Anyways. A great win for the Panthers.
Panther Thunder Wrote:How'd that turn out for you? :Thumbs:

PT you are better than this. You dogged Fred for being negative about Bart and now you are calling him out. This doesnt fit your image.:argue:

LOL. Go crawl back in your hole.
KentuckyGent44 Wrote:PT, Anthony had 11 points in tonight's game too. I don't know who is keeping the books, but this is twice that Anthony's points have been given to someone else. You need to look at the game film so you can see what I am telling you is the facts. Oh well, it doesn't matter, it is only Anthony.

I wish everyone would quit worrying about who scores points. All this does is ruin the chemistry of a team. Why can't we all just enjoy the win regardless who scores? :argue:
Pages: 1 2