Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: High School Gyms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Where is the best place to watch a high school game in eastern ky?
Knott County Central.... but the parking is horrible.
I have always said that the most like a college gym with a good view from anywhere is Prestonsburg's Field House.
"THUNDERCHILD" Wrote:I have always said that the most like a college gym with a good view from anywhere is Prestonsburg's Field House.

Agree !!!
breathitt co has a nice gym but it needs 2 be bigger
Perry Central has a great gym

SF has an awesome gym but you get car sick getting there.

JC is big but hot.

Betsy Layne has the best lower arena seats but it needs to be remodeled. It to dark in there.
This thread was not intended for the nicest, but the funnest and most entertaining place to watch a game.
Jenkins has a Nice gym
I like SF's gym the best because if you prefer to sit at the top, or the bottom, you dont have to climb any stairs or bleachers. Just pick the door you want to go in. Well, if you want to sit in the middle of the bleachers, then yea, you will have to either go up or down. :yesno:
Pike Central Johnson Central
"SuperStar" Wrote:Knott County Central.... but the parking is horrible.
The parking is not what's horrible, it's the exit getting out of the parking lot after a game. After big regional games a botleneck always developes in the only exit they have, and traffic almost comes to a standstill. I've seen some pretty bad road rage syndromes in the parking area at KCC after a games. :flame: :help:
rebeltown
"sf_football" Wrote:breathitt co has a nice gym but it needs 2 be bigger
Agreed. Breathitt's gym will seat about 3000 at max, and they might crowd a couple more hundred around thw walls and aisles. But it's never big enought to host the semifinals of the region. I had to stand the whole game the last time I watched a semifinal game there.....and I moved once and even lost my standing room only spot:BigLaugh:

But the big problem Breathitt has is not enough parking. Not even close. The night I was there we had to walk what seemed like a mile to the gym.:omg:
South Floyd has a really nice gym and it is always a good time when you go there.
KCC is a good place to watch a game. It is a good place to play too. Hey you know they don't call it a "shooters gym" for nothing.
SF and PBurg give good views to the court. parking isnt very good at either...

KCC has a good one but needs remodling.. well it did last time i was there.

Perry Central has a great gym.
I like Pike Central's gym pretty good except for the obstructed view from upper arena...East Ridge has a nice gym...Shelby Valley has a nice big gym...

As far as basketball atmosphere goes, I love Paintsville's gym..Lotta history in there...
I like Breathitts gym
p-burg
I love Breathitt County's gym. IMO the nicest around.
I like any gym that shows some history and sets a good ball playing atmosphere. A school should have its own identity, seems like a lot of the new gyms are too similar and seem kinda sterile( maybe not the best word choice).
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:SF and PBurg give good views to the court. parking isnt very good at either...

KCC has a good one but needs remodling.. well it did last time i was there.

Perry Central has a great gym.

KCC has remodeled the gym.. WE just got a new floor. We have put lights in the back of the goals and a timer on top of the golas. The seating hasn't changed any but as foor looks KCC looks pretty good. And come tourney time it is a great place to play not to mention a great place to come and watch a game be played!
i like East Ridge's gym
shelby valley has a nice gym
South Floyd
I like South Floyds Gym and Johnson Centrals. (Mabye its because im from JC but I still think its a nice gym.) For some reason i didn't like Prestonsburgs lighting in their gym or their step-up floor.
sf
I always loved playing at home, it's small but the crowd was just so LOUD that it gave you chills.

Aside from playing at home, I loved playing at JC, it's a big gym and it always sold out when we played them, both crowds were amazing.

I wish I would have had the priveledge of playing at the East Ky Expo Center like the teams will for the 15th Region tourney, I'll bet that will be awesome
Sf
East Ridge has a nice gym, good atmosphere most of the time!
Big Grinrums02: :dance:
Pages: 1 2