Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 49 Knott Central 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from KCC.
Congrats PCC. I hope Nason is ok.
Wow, thought this would be closer. Looks like Perry is really rolling right now and Knott needs to find someone to score for them, 29 pts in a game. Hopefully Roberts is okay for Knott, I heard he went down, hope he is okay.
Did Knott try to freeze the ball?
Ouch! Only 29 points? Perry's defense must have been everywhere tonight! At what point in the game did Roberts go down?

Congrats Commodores!
congrats to PC
Perry's defense has been crazy good the last few games. Looks like to beat them you are going to have to come out and hit some early shots and get them out of their comfort zone and make them have to come from behind. If they get ahead early, it will be a long night with little of the time spent on offense. Congrats to Perry, hope Roberts was not hurt too bad.
Knott had no idea what to do against that zone(triangle & 2, I believe). Knott's coaching staff needs to prepare better, I can see why so many people have been critical of them. Dillon Cornett was a beast tonight. Grats Dores.
got stats? i mean all the stats?
Since the lost to Clay County in the WYMT, The Commodores have won the last eleven in a row...Confusedhh:
Why was #23 from knott trying to kill everyone?..lol
Aslan Wrote:Knott had no idea what to do against that zone(triangle & 2, I believe). Knott's coaching staff needs to prepare better, I can see why so many people have been critical of them. Dillon Cornett was a beast tonight. Grats Dores.

Wonder how many hours Hatcher and his staff put in preparing for this game compared to KCC's staff?
Knott Co. Central 3 9 4 13 29

Perry Co. Central 9 10 11 19 49

Knott Co. Central (14-8) -- Slone 10, Roberts 9, Potter 7, L. Hall 3, E. Hall 0.

Perry Co. Central (18-4) -- Di. Cornett 23, Sizemore 1, Brewer 3, Combs 3, Da. Cornett 4, Huff 8, Beverly 7.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1DcakVm8h
king360 Wrote:Why was #23 from knott trying to kill everyone?..lol

Well....
next time he decides to try to kill someone...
they don't need to be 6 inches taller and outweigh him by 100+ lol
Wow...the one Cornett boy had almost as many points as Knott Co. scored and he scored almost half of PCC's points.
It's as simple as this.
Knott County is a great team and they rely on Roberts and Slone to do work down low.
But put them in the paint with the Cornett brothers and that advantage isn't there anymore.
They needed some help from their guards and it simply wasn't there tonight.

Someone said they couldn't wait for these front courts to "go to war"...
there was no war inside lol
I don't know if anyone in the mountains can guard Dillon Cornett.
Aslan Wrote:Knott had no idea what to do against that zone(triangle & 2, I believe). Knott's coaching staff needs to prepare better, I can see why so many people have been critical of them. Dillon Cornett was a beast tonight. Grats Dores.

Pikeville did not know what to do either. Perry Central was running their defense letter perfect, and Pikeville was trying to run the same offense sets all game. Saw very few screens set for their shooters (Rowe and Braham) and the inside game was totally denied by Perry's big men.
Knott tried to press to get back into the game....
but I think it hurt them more than it helped them.
They didn't execute it very well at all.
Perry played very well tonight and Knott was stuck. They didn't know what to do. Congrats to Perry on the big win.
Perry Central will be tough to beat come tournament time. Cornett is one tough player!
Congrats to PCC. The score sounds like a football game.
Perry Central is my sleeper team for the sweet 16 if they make it to Rupp.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:The score sounds like a football game.

Why would you say that, Perry's scores are always low, and if you look at all the scoring around when 2 good teams are playing, they are all around 50. Just sounds like good defensive teams or lack of offensive teams to me. Definitely not one of Letcher's football scores this year. :Cheerlead Did they even score 49 all season??
I know that PCC works the ball and slows the game down, but their defense is so good right know that the opponent has to use alot of clock just to get a shot. Most of the shots PCC gives up are contested. I agree with Mountain, If PCC makes it to RUPP they could be playing saturday night.
Wall4president Wrote:Why would you say that, Perry's scores are always low, and if you look at all the scoring around when 2 good teams are playing, they are all around 50. Just sounds like good defensive teams or lack of offensive teams to me. Definitely not one of Letcher's football scores this year. :Cheerlead Did they even score 49 all season??
How did Letcher FB get into this thread? Zone defense slows the game down. Passing the ball around the zone offensively slows the game as well. Result-low scores.