Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 56th District Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when does this tournament take place? i know its At Owsley County
I am not sure but I would say it will probably be the 22nd, 23rd, and 26th.
leecoukfan Wrote:I am not sure but I would say it will probably be the 22nd, 23rd, and 26th.

Lee and Powell play tonight for the 2nd and 3rd Seed
Strikeout King Wrote:Lee and Powell play tonight for the 2nd and 3rd Seed
Doesn't really matter what the outcome is though since both will be playing each other in the district anyway. #1 Estill will play #4 Owsley.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Doesn't really matter what the outcome is though since both will be playing each other in the district anyway. #1 Estill will play #4 Owsley.

you know the dates?
Strikeout King Wrote:you know the dates?
I haven't heard anything yet.
56th District @ Owsley County

Don't Know The Dates But Here's How It Looks

(1) Estill County v (4) Owsley County (Estill Won Both Regular Season Matchups 54-24 & 52-39)

(?) Powell County v (?) Lee County (Powell County Won The First Meeting 63-56, These Two Teams Are Suppose To Play Again in Stanton here Soon, someone said they were trying to schedule it for tongiht (2/12))
Estill co wins over Owsley
Powell Co in a barnburner over Lee Co
Estill wins over Powell Co
Estill Co win 56th tournment champs
not agood night forthe 56th tonight. A week from tonight what does ever one think now?
56th District @ Owsley County

Feb. 22nd Estill County v Owsley County 7:00 pm

Feb. 23rd Powell County v Lee County 7:00 pm

Feb. 25th TBD v TBD (CHAMPIONSHIP GAME) 7:00 pm
Estill Co winner
Powell Co runner up
what do you think and why?
Winner - Estill County

Runner Up - IDK, Lee plays good at home and Owsley County is Closer To Lee Than Powell Is But Powell Went to Lee And Won 63-56, so I'm Gonna Take The Pirates.
I am predicting Estill Co and Lee Co will be in the Championship game with Estill Co winning the whole thing.
I think Estill County will win the district. Not totally sure who will win the Lee-Powell game. Both are capable of playing very good basketball at times. Powell can shoot the lights out but they are streaky. Lee has some good wins this year. Neutral court, who knows. IMO its a tossup.

Owsley County is the smallest venue of all the district tournament hosts. Those wanting the best parking places and seats had better get there early. Early bird gets the worm first. The gym is listed in the KHSAA website as seating capacity of 1500, but I doubt it will seat that many. My guess would be about 650 on each side, about 1300 total (and that's packing 'em pretty tight) and whatever amount can stand in the end zones.
Late arrivers will have to park across Route 28 in the grade school parking lot, about a 5 to10 minute walk up to the gym, according to one's walking pace.
Lee over Powell 61 to 55 and Estill over Owsley 68 to 52 with Lee beating Estill 50 to 46 in final.
For Those Who Can't Make The Tournament, All Games Both Boys and Girls Will Be Aired on http://wskvfm.com/ Just click on the Listen Live Link On The Left Hand Side Of the Page Around The Start Time Of Each Game