Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jerry Sloan Resigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just saw it on the bottom line...
I just read that he was clashing with Deron Williams and felt that he was being undermined by the administration.
I have no idea what Deron Willams and the Jazz association has said or done, but it has to be something that has slowly built up over time and has finally come to a head.

It's a shame to see this happen and everyone can get on here and say all the trash they want....
but this man was the longest tenured coach in the NBA and he had his team ready to play every night. His players respected him, and other coaches in the league feared him.
I hate to see him go out without finally winning a championship but Sloan could simply never come up big against his rival Phil Jackson.
He's a Hall of Famer and I honestly believe he is one of the greatest coaches the NBA has ever seen and I am honored to have been able to watch him coach and his teams play.
This is why I do not like Williams.
I think that when it comes down to it the Jazz made the wrong decision. From what I heard the Jazz basically chose to keep Deron Williams over Jerry Sloan. By the time it is all said and done, I would imagine that Deron Williams will be out of Utah. I don't think that Salt Lake City is going to to take to kindly to Jerry Sloan basically being forced out due to Deron Williams!!

I really hope to see Jerry Sloan coaching somewhere else in the NBA but I would also respect his decision if he decides to not come back to the NBA.
leecoukfan Wrote:I think that when it comes down to it the Jazz made the wrong decision. From what I heard the Jazz basically chose to keep Deron Williams over Jerry Sloan. By the time it is all said and done, I would imagine that Deron Williams will be out of Utah. I don't think that Salt Lake City is going to to take to kindly to Jerry Sloan basically being forced out due to Deron Williams!!

I really hope to see Jerry Sloan coaching somewhere else in the NBA but I would also respect his decision if he decides to not come back to the NBA.

I can agree with you. Sloan is a class-act. But, for all party's, was it time for a change? Jerry has seen it all with the Jazz, but can this team truly advance any further. I like Sloan, but it just feels like change is needed.
I agree with Dusty. Coach may need a change of scenery.
LWC Wrote:I agree with Dusty. Coach may need a change of scenery.

I think it would do the Jazz some good as well. Jerry has outlasted a lot of people in that organization.
Good move for the Jazz in the Long Run. They never got that championship they was capable of getting with Boozer and Williams.
Stardust Wrote:I can agree with you. Sloan is a class-act. But, for all party's, was it time for a change? Jerry has seen it all with the Jazz, but can this team truly advance any further. I like Sloan, but it just feels like change is needed.

I agree with you that a change is needed....
but in all honesty....
other than the team he had in the 90s that went to the finals twice....
have the Jazz really gave this man a team that is championship caliber?
Boozer and Williams were a good combo but did they had no help.
He has coached for 23 years and went to the playoffs 19 times.
After Malone left and Stockton retired, Sloan coached a team that was led by Matt Harpring to the 8th spot in the West(They didn't get a playoff bid because the Nuggets tied them in wins but won the season series).
I just think the Jazz organization haven't put this team in a position to win a title and when Williams contract is up he will be out of there because they won't be winning.
Deron Williams is a in the closet thug... Ppl just haven't seen it yet.