Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ballard 71 George Rogers Clark 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GRC started off the game very well and build a 11-0 lead. Knew Ballard would make a run. End of 1st was GRC 21 Ballard 15. At the half was Ballard 34-30.

Parker led Ballard with 23 points and Snyder had 19 points. GRC was led by Zollo with 20 points, Cory Rogers with 15 points, and Robbie Stenzel with 13 points.
nice win for ballard going into GRC. I thought GCR would win and the score would be closer, but i was wrong. sounded like parker had a great game
That's a huge statement game and not a positive statement for Clark going into tournement play. I'm starting to wonder if this group has the heart to win it all. They've had some of the best talent in the state for the last three years and have not even gotten out of their region. Now they lay this egg. Maybe it's time to do a gut check Clark Co.
Turnovers killed GRC, as I've always said they are weak at the guard position. Good teams that are quick and athletic that press will give GRC a hard time. They just don't handle the press very well at all.

I just don't see this team making it to Saturday night at Rupp. They may not make it out of the region. They have to get by Mason Co. at home in the regionals. As bad as Mason Co. is this year; GRC seems to struggle against them in the field house. Depth will also hurt them. They go about 7 deep and that's it. A team needs more than 7 to be successful at Rupp with 4 games in 3 or 4 days.
Truecat Wrote:That's a huge statement game and not a positive statement for Clark going into tournement play. I'm starting to wonder if this group has the heart to win it all. They've had some of the best talent in the state for the last three years and have not even gotten out of their region. Now they lay this egg. Maybe it's time to do a gut check Clark Co.

Are you kidding me. Did you forget that J-town just got beat by Trinity by 24. Eastern got beat by Tates Creek by 6. 14 point loss to Ballard is not laying a egg. Game was closer than the 14 point final. Where you even at the game?

goodguy Wrote:Turnovers killed GRC, as I've always said they are weak at the guard position. Good teams that are quick and athletic that press will give GRC a hard time. They just don't handle the press very well at all.

I just don't see this team making it to Saturday night at Rupp. They may not make it out of the region. They have to get by Mason Co. at home in the regionals. As bad as Mason Co. is this year; GRC seems to struggle against them in the field house. Depth will also hurt them. They go about 7 deep and that's it. A team needs more than 7 to be successful at Rupp with 4 games in 3 or 4 days.

GRC beat Warren Central by 26 without Cory Rogers. GRC won the Toyota Classic without Zollo playing a format of games like the state tourney. GRC is fine, guess some just don't want to see them be successful.
[quote=Gold Charger]Are you kidding me. Did you forget that J-town just got beat by Trinity by 24. Eastern got beat by Tates Creek by 6. 14 point loss to Ballard is not laying a egg. Game was closer than the 14 point final. Where you even at the game?

GRC beat Warren Central by 26 without Cory Rogers. GRC won the Toyota Classic without Zollo playing a format of games like the state tourney. GRC is fine, guess some just don't want to see them be successful.[/QUOTE]

What did I say that would make you think I don't want GRC to be successful????? Just because someone doesn't praise them like you do all the time, you think they don't want them to be successful? Come on get real!

I like GRC, I think they are great kids and know a few of them personally. I'm just stating my opinion about their guard play. I think they are still weak at that position and everytime I've watched them play against a quick team that presses them, they struggle with the press. I think Bopper does a very good job, but a team has to have more than one person that can handle the ball and the pressure to be successful against a quick trapping press. JMO

Not everyone in the state thinks GRC is the best team in the state. I never berate or cut on a player so don't take my opinion so personal.:biggrin:
I must openly admit, I root against GRC for the simple fact that I get tired of GC constanly banging the drum for them. Plain and simple.

I hope that for some reason Mason sneaks up and knocks them out of the region again just so I can chuckle at the fallout.
Ballard 15 19 20 17 71
George Rogers Clark 21 9 13 14 57

Ballard (24-2) - Snider 19, Parker 23, Holland 5, Hardin 6, Martin 7, Yackey 9, Biggers 2.
Clark County (19-5) - Daniel 6, Stenzel 13, Purvis 3, Zollo 20, Rogers 15.

3P: Snider 2, Parker 3, Martin, Yackey 3.

Ballard 71, Clark County 57.
Devante Parker led the Bruins (24-2, No. 3 in The Courier-Journal Litkenhous Ratings) with a double-double scoring 23 points and grabbing 11 rebounds in the win over the host Cardinals (19-5, No. 4 in The Courier-Journal Litkenhous Ratings).
The Cardinals were led by Vinny Zollo with 20 points, Corey Rogers with 15 points and Robbie Stenzel added 13 points.
Quinten Snider added 19 points for the Bruins.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/gamestat...ity/Boys/1
goodguy Wrote:[quote=Gold Charger]Are you kidding me. Did you forget that J-town just got beat by Trinity by 24. Eastern got beat by Tates Creek by 6. 14 point loss to Ballard is not laying a egg. Game was closer than the 14 point final. Where you even at the game?

GRC beat Warren Central by 26 without Cory Rogers. GRC won the Toyota Classic without Zollo playing a format of games like the state tourney. GRC is fine, guess some just don't want to see them be successful.[/QUOTE]

What did I say that would make you think I don't want GRC to be successful????? Just because someone doesn't praise them like you do all the time, you think they don't want them to be successful? Come on get real!

I like GRC, I think they are great kids and know a few of them personally. I'm just stating my opinion about their guard play. I think they are still weak at that position and everytime I've watched them play against a quick team that presses them, they struggle with the press. I think Bopper does a very good job, but a team has to have more than one person that can handle the ball and the pressure to be successful against a quick trapping press. JMO

Not everyone in the state thinks GRC is the best team in the state. I never berate or cut on a player so don't take my opinion so personal.:biggrin:

Where I have posted they are the best in the state? One of the top 5 teams...yes. Look at the prediction thread, I thought Ballard would be the favorite.

As far as the PG position, we will just have to disagree.
congrats to Ballard
Congrats to Ballard
OU812 Wrote:I must openly admit, I root against GRC for the simple fact that I get tired of GC constanly banging the drum for them. Plain and simple.

I hope that for some reason Mason sneaks up and knocks them out of the region again just so I can chuckle at the fallout.

This is a sad comment. Gold Charger is one of the nicest and most positive people I have ever met in my life. Sure, she loves her Clark County Cardinals. But she has the upmost respect for all opponents, including and especially Mason County.