Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Report: Carmelo Anthony would consider Denver Nuggets extension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As rumors swirl that Carmelo Anthony is heading to New York or Los Angeles, the Denver Nuggets forward said he's thinking about staying put.

Anthony said he would "take a real hard look" at signing a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets if he isn't dealt by the NBA's Feb. 24 deadline, according to the Denver Post.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6105886
Well, wouldn't you know. He said all of this stuff to see what all offers he could get. Acting as if he wanted to go for sure to a new place. But then he announces he'd stay for the right price. He knew what he was doing from the get-go.
He also said he would stay four years at Syracuse. He's lying.
He his starting more drama then Brett Favre
HawksRule Wrote:He his starting more drama then Brett Favre

oh la, now thats alot,lol
We won't know what is going to happen until the ink is on the paper lol
^Isn't that the truth! lol
I think he;s staying..
He was just pulling everyone's chains..

I hope he leaves.. and goes to NY..
The more great players the West loses to the East, the happier I am Smile
Aslan Wrote:He also said he would stay four years at Syracuse. He's lying.

:Thumbs:
personally nobody knows exactly what melo wants i mean he makes it clear that he doesnt want in Denver but just because he says doesnt want in denver doesnt mean he want change his mind and stay carmelo personally has to figure out whats best for him weather he ends up in NY or LA or remain in Denver the best options for us all is to wait till his dead line to see what he does
This is just a big bunch of media garbage at the moment.
Melo said he wants to play for the Knicks.
The Knicks aren't going to offer anything big because they know that they can land him in the offseason without giving anything up.
The Nuggets talk to the Lakers and that puts Pressure on New York.
and after all this garbage Melo has been spewing about how he doesn't want to play for anyone but New York....
he says he might resign with the Nuggets?!?!
That puts pressure on the teams in the trade market to step up their game.
If the Lakers and Nuggets come to an agreement that both teams are ready to pull the trigger on.....
Melo will sign an extension....
he'd be crazy not to.
If the Knicks put together something worthwhile for the Nuggets, kiss him goodbye LA and Denver. He's gone.
The Lakers would have to put something good on the table for this to happen and IMO they HAVE to let go of Bynum.
I know the Bus' say that he is their "project".
but their "project" can't play a full basketball game and he hasn't played a major role in either of their championship runs or their finals run 3 years ago.
They have been doing it without him and I say you might as well get rid of him and bring in a superstar.

Carmelo will only sign an extension with the Nuggets if he's traded.
He's wanting to get the Knicks to act as soon as they can. Don't believe this.
^ I agree with you Commodore. The Knicks have been feeling confident that they can wait this thing out and then land Mello after the Collective Bargaining deal. Their tactics have not worked in the past though, so we shall see if they are prudent enough to act this time.
If I'm a Lakers fan(Which I definitely am NOT), the last person I want on my team is Carmelo Anthony. He very well could be the most selfish player in the game. All he would try to do is steal the spotlight from Kobe. When Iverson was first traded to the Nuggets, they were one of the most talented teams in the West, if not the most talented team in the West. And what did they have to show for it? Nothing. Because Carmelo nor AI wanted the spotlight away from them. I just don't think that Melo and the Lakers or Melo and anywhere else that has a star guard or wing player would work.