Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Saw where they realigned a couple Regions in Louisville. So here's my question.

WHY won't they realign the 15th Region?

We have a District with 5 teams (57th) and 2 Districts with 3 (59th & 60th). That's not counting Piarist. They just can't compete no matter where they are.

Why not move Sheldon Clark to the 60th or Paintsville to the 58th and Betsy Layne to the 59th. If you move SC to 60th keep Piarist in the 58th and move BL to the 59th. This would make 4 teams in each District and NO FREE trips to the Region. Everyone would have to play at least two games before Regions. Just my thoughts.

Let me hear what some of you guys or gals think about this? :thanks:
I've wondered this forever. I see no reason why the KHSAA hasn't had a realign. Of course, the free ride schools will disagree.
^ Of course.
There was talk of the KHSAA doing this 2 years ago, but it quieted down pretty quick. A lot of the talk was along the very lines you laid out in your first post.
TheRealVille Wrote:There was talk of the KHSAA doing this 2 years ago, but it quieted down pretty quick. A lot of the talk was along the very lines you laid out in your first post.

OK...how bout this.

Make the 59th a 6 team District and change the Region to a 6 team tourney. The 3 winners of the Districts are compared, record wise, for the 1 and 2 seeds or the 3 placed in a pill bottle and two drawn out for the 1 & 2 seeds. Then the rest placed in a pill bottle and drawn for who they will face to move on to the Semis.

That should get some responses...lol!
I personally wish they would move Lawrence County back to the 64th. That would cure the 5 team district problem. Hated to see them moved anyways... makes for a long haul when playing teams like Shelby Valley, Elkhorn City, etc on poor roads.
IMO, it should look like this:

57th
Johnson Central
Paintsville
Sheldon Clark
Lawrence County

58th
Prestonsburg
Allen Central
Magoffin County
South Floyd

59th
Betsy Layne
Belfry
Pikeville
Pike Co. Central

60th
Shelby Valley
East Ridge
Phelps
Jenkins

Or just something like that.
^ That's not bad.
LCDawg Wrote:I personally wish they would move Lawrence County back to the 64th. That would cure the 5 team district problem. Hated to see them moved anyways... makes for a long haul when playing teams like Shelby Valley, Elkhorn City, etc on poor roads.

If Lawrence County is playing Elkhorn City then they have traveled back into the late 90's early 00's. Those are some long hauls.
Super-Card Wrote:If Lawrence County is playing Elkhorn City then they have traveled back into the late 90's early 00's. Those are some long hauls.

I'm sure he meant East Ridge..lol. That's a good one though...lol.
I asked this question the other day and wondered why SC didn't just move to the 60th. I was told that SC doesn't want out of the 57th. Which makes no sense to me, but whatever keeps them happy.
Was wondering when you would chime in PT...lol.
Give us your solution.
OffTheHook Wrote:Was wondering when you would chime in PT...lol.
Give us your solution.

57th
Paintsville
Johnson Central
Magoffin Co.
Lawrence Co.

58th
South Floyd
Allen Central
Prestonsburg
Betsy Layne

59th
Pikeville
Shelby Valley
East Ridge
Jenkins

60th
Phelps
Belfry
Pike Central
Sheldon Clark

That's the only thing that makes a sense. Any other scenario is just unrealistic. It would involve removing ER and/or LC. And in that case you have 3 with 3 and 1 with 4.

Give me a few weeks and I'll figure it out. :biggrin:
Super-Card Wrote:If Lawrence County is playing Elkhorn City then they have traveled back into the late 90's early 00's. Those are some long hauls.

lol! Yeah man! They have to travel back in time just to get to the dang place! Never hated it more then when they moved LC to the 15th... 16th is where they belong IMO without a doubt.
LCDawg Wrote:lol! Yeah man! They have to travel back in time just to get to the dang place! Never hated it more then when they moved LC to the 15th... 16th is where they belong IMO without a doubt.
This is a true statement. It makes little to no sense to be in the 15th.
Didn't SC try to leave the 57th and a petition was made?
KHSAA wanted it realigned 2 years ago.
Sheldon Clark to the 60th.
Jenkins to the 59th.

Both schools fought it with everything they had, even some teams from the 14th fought it, so it was dropped.
LCDawg Wrote:I personally wish they would move Lawrence County back to the 64th. That would cure the 5 team district problem. Hated to see them moved anyways... makes for a long haul when playing teams like Shelby Valley, Elkhorn City, etc on poor roads.

That would make the 64th a five team district...
I remember this a few years ago the reason Sheldon Clark didn't want to move was because of the history they have in the 57th and how close all the drives are with MC being the longest of them. They didn't want to have to take some of the trips to some of the pike county schools because someone of them for Sheldon Clark would be over an hour drive. It makes much more sense for SC to be in the 57th then putting them in the Pike county district.
CardinalAlum Wrote:I remember this a few years ago the reason Sheldon Clark didn't want to move was because of the history they have in the 57th and how close all the drives are with MC being the longest of them. They didn't want to have to take some of the trips to some of the pike county schools because someone of them for Sheldon Clark would be over an hour drive. It makes much more sense for SC to be in the 57th then putting them in the Pike county district.

Would make sense if they didn't play them anyways......
a lot of you are moving around other region teams.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:IMO, it should look like this:

57th
Johnson Central
Paintsville
Sheldon Clark
Lawrence County

58th
Prestonsburg
Allen Central
Magoffin County
South Floyd

59th
Betsy Layne
Belfry
Pikeville
Pike Co. Central

60th
Shelby Valley
East Ridge
Phelps
Jenkins

:Thumbs:
This is why I like football better a lot less confusing.
What DOESN'T solve the problem... a super district.
LClion4life Wrote:That would make the 64th a five team district...
And moving them to the 57th created that same exact scenario... Plus, as far as I know, LC was in the 64th since the inception of the school up until the end of the 2004/2005 season. Then they were moved to the 57th, which created a a new five team district. Should have left it alone in my opinion. I know most, if not all, LC folks would have rather it stayed that way.

57th
Johnson Central
Paintsville
Sheldon Clark
Lawrence County

58th
Prestonsburg
Allen Central
Magoffin County
South Floyd

59th
Betsy Layne
Belfry
Pikeville
Pike Co. Central

60th
Shelby Valley
East Ridge
Phelps
Jenkins

Best idea IMO ^

57th
Johnson Central
Paintsville
Sheldon Clark
Lawrence County

58th
Prestonsburg
Allen Central
Magoffin County
South Floyd

59th
Betsy Layne
Belfry
Pikeville
Pike Co. Central

60th
Shelby Valley
East Ridge
Phelps
Jenkins

Pikeville would never win a district again.LOL

57th
Johnson Central
Paintsville
Sheldon Clark
Lawrence County

58th
Prestonsburg
Allen Central
Magoffin County
South Floyd

59th
Betsy Layne
Belfry
Pikeville
Pike Co. Central

60th
Shelby Valley
East Ridge
Phelps
Jenkins

First of all I don't think you should break up the 58th because it's not broke don't fix it....

But saying that BL did go to the 59th and Magoffin came to 58th I still think that it would best if Pikeville was in the 60th and Phelps was in the 59th...
Here is my opinion....

57th...
Magoffin
Johnson Central
Paintsville
Lawrence County

58th...
Allen Central
Betsy Layne
Prestonsburg
South Floyd

59th...