Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Spencer County 61 - Shelby County 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Spencer County wins the #1 seed in the district.

30th District Tournament Seeds

1. Spencer County
2. Collins
3. Shelby County
4. Anderson County
5. Eminence
Grats SC
Shelby County 13 12 13 18 56
Spencer County 15 12 15 19 61

Shelby County (4-22) - Shipley 3, Yocum 6, Frinak 10, Walker 10, Schreiner 13, Taylor 6, Kirtley 8.
Spencer County (18-5) - L. Dunbar 16, Wyatt 15, Miller 3, Goodwin 3, C. Dunbar 18, Mills 6.

3P: Yocum 2, Walker 2, Schreiner 3, Goodwin.

Spencer County 61, Shelby County 56.
The Bears (18-5) were led by Chris Dunbar with 18 points and Logan Dunbar with 16 points in the win over the visiting Rockets (4-22).
Eric Schreiner had 13 points and Kyle Frinak and Desmond Walker each scored 10 points for the Rockets.
Trey Wyatt added 15 points for the Bears.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/gamestat...ity/Boys/1
The Shelby County boys' basketball team fell at Spencer County 61-56 Tuesday night in a hard-fought 30th District game.

With the victory the Bears (18-5, 4-0) clinched the No. 1 seed in the upcoming district tournament, meanwhile the Rockets (4-20, 2-2) will be the No. 3 seed and face second-seeded Collins (14-9, 3-1) in the district semifinals.

Spencer County's Dunbar brothers - sophomore center Chris and senior forward Logan - combined for 34 points (Chris 18, Logan 16) for the Bears, who shot 24 free throws to Shelby's 4. Spencer County, however, made only half of its free throw tries.

Junior guard Eric Schreiner led the Rockets with 13 points, while Kyle Frinak and Desmond Walker added 10 apiece for Shelby, which shot 44.4 percent (24 for 54) from the field.

The game featured one of the oddest technical fouls you'll see. With a little more than 2 minutes remaining, and his team trailing by two points, Shelby County Coach Rick Parsons was whistled for a T after giving the referee an encouraging slap on the butt as he ran past.

"I think I surprised him," Parsons said. "Take my stupidity out of it and we're right in it."

The district tournament meeting will be Saturday at Spencer County.

http://www.sentinelnews.com/content/spen...elby-61-56