Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sources: Lakers, Nuggets talk Melo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Los Angeles Lakers and the Denver Nuggets have had preliminary discussions about a blockbuster trade that would send Carmelo Anthony to the Lakers, according to league sources. The Lakers' package would be built around Andrew Bynum.

Talks are in the preliminary stages, but it appears that another option besides the New York Knicks has materialized for the Nuggets.

"There have been discussions between the two teams," one of the sources said. "The Lakers are definitely an option."

Of course, Anthony, who can opt out of his contract after this season, would likely have to agree to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Lakers for them to part with Bynum. But Los Angeles is believed to be a city Anthony would be amenable to playing in, as he and his wife, La La Vasquez, bought a home there last summer. Two people close to Anthony said the Nuggets superstar would sign off on a deal that makes him a Laker.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nb...id=6101304
Ok...well Melo isn't considered as an LA Laker yet Zaga..
No need to get all hyped over talk..

But if indeed it does happen, I guess you can say my "Basketball analyzation" is better than you thought hmm???.. Since I did kinda call this one.
If this happens, Kobe might get 2 or 3 more rings!
LWC dont say things like that!!
Ballers Wrote:Ok...well Melo isn't considered as an LA Laker yet Zaga..
No need to get all hyped over talk..

But if indeed it does happen, I guess you can say my "Basketball analyzation" is better than you thought hmm???.. Since I did kinda call this one.

No...
every dog has his day.
and this has been talked about for a long time

If everyone can get hyped about LBJ's garbage over the offseason then I can get hyped about Melo to the Lakers
I hope this deal gets done. The Lakers are not playing on the level they need to be playing on to win a title. Kobe is my favorite player but he is on his down side, and has bad knees. Melo will give the Lakers a third player who can take over games, and Kobe will not have to learn how to play with a player on his level because he already did so when him and shaq were teammates.

The only problem is if they give up Bynum, Odom and Gasol will be the only big men they have that dress, which will be a problem against a team like the Celtics who have 4 big men.

But, I still hope this trade go through.
zaga_fan Wrote:[Image: xl150yewztw03wv5wswv.jpg]

TongueirateSho
If this does happen.....
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Aslan Wrote:TongueirateSho
If this does happen.....
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

yep
This saddens me to see this. IF i was the nuggets u have a shot at beating the lakers in the playoffs at this point. I wouldn't blow it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This saddens me to see this. IF i was the nuggets u have a shot at beating the lakers in the playoffs at this point. I wouldn't blow it.

That's true....
but then if you don't...
melo signs with someone in the offseason and you're left without a Bynum, Artest, Odom, or a draft pick in return
zaga_fan Wrote:That's true....
but then if you don't...
melo signs with someone in the offseason and you're left without a Bynum, Artest, Odom, or a draft pick in return

I wouldn't mind to have Odom, But Bynum and Artest are very replaceable players. Bynum is always hurt,and artest just isnt that good. If i was the nuggets i would get carmelo to the east coast.
What did I tell you guys in the Artest thread???
I hope this doesn't happen. I wanna see Melo as a Knick!
If Melo wants a championship now, then LA is probably the best fit for him.

It would be interesting to see if he and Kobe could coexist.
There is more and more talk of this going on ESPN.
They said Knicks have the lead for Melo, but Lakers are nowhere near out of the talks yet.
This is probably more of a vice grip on the Knicks instead of a legit trade rumor lol
Stardust Wrote:What did I tell you guys in the Artest thread???

You said that Melo was holding out for the Heat when I mentioned trading for him lol
not happening...kobe gets no more rings because lebrons gettin them all
lebron6 Wrote:not happening...kobe gets no more rings because lebrons gettin them all

Very biased post.

:please:
it don't look like this trade is gonna get done, Lakers' Jim Buss son of Owner Jerry Buss has made it clear that Adrew Bynum is Staying Put!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/...nba-318884
You have got to hear Stephen A. Smith's take on the Knicks and Melo. Great radio!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/radio/archive?id=6065736
Strikeout King Wrote:it don't look like this trade is gonna get done, Lakers' Jim Buss son of Owner Jerry Buss has made it clear that Adrew Bynum is Staying Put!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/...nba-318884

No surprise here. I didn't think this would happen anyway.
lebron6 Wrote:not happening...kobe gets no more rings because lebrons gettin them all

:lmao: