Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 6th grade Raceland Rams defeat Russell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Raceland Rams 6th grade defeated the Russell :devilflam tonight by 20 points. The Rams won their 31st game of the season. Great job RAMS!!
Have they played the Wurtland 6th grade team? That team is like 20-1.
Raceland and Wurtland 6th grade have played twice. I believe that Wurtland won both games.
Yes we played Wurtland twice earlier in the season I believe. If I remember right. Both games were very close. And one might have went into overtime. Wurtland has a very good team. At the beggining of the season we would hold leads untill the last two or three minutes. Then for some reason lay back. And just quit playing defense. I tend to believe it was we wern't in the shape we needed to be in. We only have seven on the team. Coaches choice. Still happens some. But not to the point where we blow games now. At one point are record was 10-7. But each week we started playing better and better. Understanding what the coach expected was a little slow.
We have played McKell a few times lately. Winning the last few battles. And McKell has a good team also. I believe our record now is 32-11. There is always somebody out there better! And Wurtland just may be that team.. Hopefully we get to play again before the season ends! From 10-7 to 32-11 is a heck of a feat. Proud of these kids and coaches. I believe when the 6th, 7th and eighth grade gets to be the upper classes we will be able to compete with any team in our region! But when they put the two school together it will be a tall task. Should be a battle!! Some of the teams we have played: Wurtland, McKell, East Carter, West Carter, Three or four Portsmouth teams, Ironton, Lewis Co, Rock Hill, Ashland, Russell, Boyd Co Eastern Pike and alot more. I believe Eastern Pike was our biggest challenge. Very very good team. Best we played imo. We lost to them in OT. And by 4 points in a championship game over in Ohio.
Yes! Wurtland Middle School 6th graders are 21-1 and have beat Raceland twice this season.This is a good team,great defense.Plus these boys are unselfish,quick,and balanced.There coach Mike Raby has done an ecellent job pulling out the talent in these boys.These boys are ture 6th graders,11 and 12 year olds.They are not a AAU or All star team. Oh, They have played no overtime games this season. If you want to see for yourself they play this weekend in (THE 9th Annual Lewis County Hoops Shootout.)
Allsports#1 Wrote:Yes! Wurtland Middle School 6th graders are 21-1 and have beat Raceland twice this season.This is a good team,great defense.Plus these boys are unselfish,quick,and balanced.There coach Mike Raby has done an ecellent job pulling out the talent in these boys.These boys are ture 6th graders,11 and 12 year olds.They are not a AAU or All star team. Oh, They have played no overtime games this season. If you want to see for yourself they play this weekend in (THE 9th Annual Lewis County Hoops Shootout.)

who gave you the one loss
East Carter gave us the lost by four points.We had just started our season with a Russell tournament win so we played 4 games in 3 days and played East Carter the next day after the Championship.But the next week after that we beat them by 15 at there home. So that would have been our 5th game of the season.