Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 68 - Powell County 53
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Estill lead the Entire Game from Start To Finish!

Estill lead by 20+

Estill has the Number 1 Seed in Districts Locked Down!
Congrats estill. You guys played hard and deserved the win. It was just as i said. If powells guards didnt show up then estill would win. Im not sure if they even were on the bus coming to the game? Powells guards did nothing and i mean nothing to win this game no defense and especially no offense. Powell inside did well against estill big men but 1 or 2 cant win a game. It takes a team!!!! Congrats again to estill!!!!!!
pirate fanatic Wrote:Congrats estill. You guys played hard and deserved the win. It was just as i said. If powells guards didnt show up then estill would win. Im not sure if they even were on the bus coming to the game? Powells guards did nothing and i mean nothing to win this game no defense and especially no offense. Powell inside did well against estill big men but 1 or 2 cant win a game. It takes a team!!!! Congrats again to estill!!!!!!

Man you all have a heck of team and that can fill it up in a hurry. best of luck to you all in the rest of the season
pirate fanatic Wrote:Congrats estill. You guys played hard and deserved the win. It was just as i said. If powells guards didnt show up then estill would win. Im not sure if they even were on the bus coming to the game? Powells guards did nothing and i mean nothing to win this game no defense and especially no offense. Powell inside did well against estill big men but 1 or 2 cant win a game. It takes a team!!!! Congrats again to estill!!!!!!

I could not have said it better myself. I am very proud of freshman brett goodwin with the way he played tonight. Hope the pirates can pull it together. Congrats estill
piratefan24 Wrote:i could not have said it better myself. I am very proud of freshman brett goodwin with the way he played tonight. Hope the pirates can pull it together. Congrats estill

i agree goodwin did an excellent job. Also jacob conner played the game of his career against their big guys. I think those two alone combined for 30 of powells points?
WOW! I was expecting Estill County to win this but not in such a dominating fashion! Congrats Engineers!!
2/4/2011

Estill Co. 68
Powell Co. 53

Powell Co. 4 10 16 23 53
Estill Co. 11 17 21 19 68

Powell Co. (9-7) -- Creech 4, Reed 5, Marcum 4, Pelfrey 4, Conner 21, B. Goodwin 15.

Estill Co. (13-10) -- Roberts 18, Berryman 11, Muncie 2, Morris 6, Doty 16, Jenkins 5, Abernathy 10.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1D3IqMskq
Roberts had his way tonight!
Lucky13 Wrote:Roberts had his way tonight!

he was on fire, just about everything he put up went in
I think he is the best in the 56th he has a compleat game he has stoped some big name players in the 14th this year.
Dang..Estill is ballin! playing real good as a team and most important getting the W's
guardtheball Wrote:I think he is the best in the 56th he has a compleat game he has stoped some big name players in the 14th this year.

i would definately have to agree with you. great on defense and offense.
Estill is not a team I'd want to see come tournament time. Congrats on a good district win!
congrats to EC
Congrats Estill, looks like they are the favorite to win the 56th.
Estill should win the 56th. They're getting better every game and Roberts is the district's best player. They have a good shot at the regional semifinals and with a good draw could sneak into the finals.
Estill has to be considered the favorite but i think lee could win that tourney even though they are struggling lee has alot of talent if they get together,but i say estill.

Big men? What big men? The points for the post guys is misleading because ya know someone had to get them the ball for them to score. It also lets you know that you have to defend in the post as well which didn't happen at all. So I can't agree that the big men had a great game.

You are right 1 or 2 can't win a game but you got the wrong 1 0r 2.

Powells gaurds must have done something to get the ball down low but the big guys couldnt defend the offense. It doesn't help to score if you just let the other team score more.
keepinitreal Wrote:Big men? What big men? The points for the post guys is misleading because ya know someone had to get them the ball for them to score. It also lets you know that you have to defend in the post as well which didn't happen at all. So I can't agree that the big men had a great game.

Powells gaurds must have done something to get the ball down low but the big guys couldnt defend the offense. It doesn't help to score if you just let the other team score more.

do you have any idea what you just said you lost me?
guardtheball Wrote:do you have any idea what you just said you lost me?

Yes but I will clarify for you.

Powells big men had 36pts right. Well since they think they did their job I guess they should have won.

But wait since Estills big men had their way with Powell I guess we should blame the Pirate for not defending and getting rebounds.

Also if the guards did nothing I wonder how the big guys got the ball up the floor and then scored all by theirself after letting Estills big guys have their way with them.

Powells big guys by the way average 6.2 rebounds per game and 6.6 points per game impressive right. LOL

I will say Goodwin came in and with the help of the guards did a very good job scoring several points in just a few minute. I guess that wasn't good enough because he was taken out and then well you know the rest.

By the way big men of Powell you know that you can pass the ball out if you don't have a shot because if you just throw it up its just a turnover. If you are being smothered guess what someone else is open. TEAM play is so important I hope they figure it out soon or the ship goes down. If you play as a team everyones stats will be good and you will get a win instead of a loss.
What a difference a year makes!!! It is hard to believe this same team managed only 4 wins last season.
keepinitreal Wrote:Yes but I will clarify for you.

Powells big men had 36pts right. Well since they think they did their job I guess they should have won.

But wait since Estills big men had their way with Powell I guess we should blame the Pirate for not defending and getting rebounds.

Also if the guards did nothing I wonder how the big guys got the ball up the floor and then scored all by theirself after letting Estills big guys have their way with them.

Powells big guys by the way average 6.2 rebounds per game and 6.6 points per game impressive right. LOL

I will say Goodwin came in and with the help of the guards did a very good job scoring several points in just a few minute. I guess that wasn't good enough because he was taken out and then well you know the rest.

By the way big men of Powell you know that you can pass the ball out if you don't have a shot because if you just throw it up its just a turnover. If you are being smothered guess what someone else is open. TEAM play is so important I hope they figure it out soon or the ship goes down. If you play as a team everyones stats will be good and you will get a win instead of a loss.

great advice you should give it to our point guard.
keepinitreal Wrote:Big men? What big men? The points for the post guys is misleading because ya know someone had to get them the ball for them to score. It also lets you know that you have to defend in the post as well which didn't happen at all. So I can't agree that the big men had a great game.

first of all if u reread my post. i never said powell had big men. i said the inside against estills big men. secondly i didnt think powells inside players were the only ones responsible for playing defense and had to guard the entire estill team. i thought all the players on the floor were suppose to play defense? if im wrong please advise me. third i dont think we were at the same game if the 1 or 2 players u are talking about that i got wrong were guards. you had a freshman off the bench out score the guards. so can you honestly say that the guards had a good game?
Grats EC
pirate fanatic Wrote:[/B]

great advice you should give it to our point guard.

You need to go to the stats that the coaches are entering at max preps. According to that the point guard (Creech)has 50 assists and the other guard I believe your reffering to when you say Powell's guard's (Reed) has 29 assists through the Owsley county game and the other 3 starters have a combined 32 assists. Powell needs to play as a team and hit the open man and hit the hot hand and Powel's guards found Goodwin and Conner several times the other night and they did a good job scoring. The team had a bad defensive game and the guards couldn't get going offensivley. Estill's game plan was to take away Powell's guard's and let the other guys beat them. Powell didn't make any changes to their offense from their previous meeting and Estill did. Sometimes you just don't play your best and you have to forget about it and move on. The atmosphere at Estill was unbelievable, I don't no if anybody would have beat Estill that night. Lets give the players a rest and support them the rest of the season. Powell struggled down the stretch last year and ended up in a double overtime dog fight in the championship game of the district against Owsley. They will be fine.
OUT OF BOUNDS Wrote:What a difference a year makes!!! It is hard to believe this same team managed only 4 wins last season.

I think the difference is they play great defense. They have bought in to what there coach is teaching them.
wildcatbball Wrote:You need to go to the stats that the coaches are entering at max preps. According to that the point guard (Creech)has 50 assists and the other guard I believe your reffering to when you say Powell's guard's (Reed) has 29 assists through the Owsley county game and the other 3 starters have a combined 32 assists. Powell needs to play as a team and hit the open man and hit the hot hand and Powel's guards found Goodwin and Conner several times the other night and they did a good job scoring. The team had a bad defensive game and the guards couldn't get going offensivley. Estill's game plan was to take away Powell's guard's and let the other guys beat them. Powell didn't make any changes to their offense from their previous meeting and Estill did. Sometimes you just don't play your best and you have to forget about it and move on. The atmosphere at Estill was unbelievable, I don't no if anybody would have beat Estill that night. Lets give the players a rest and support them the rest of the season. Powell struggled down the stretch last year and ended up in a double overtime dog fight in the championship game of the district against Owsley. They will be fine.

i agree with you 100%. all i was saying is that they are kids playing a game. theyre not going to be perfect and they are going to have bad games. this was one of them. estill had a extremely good game and we didnt. yes they will be fine as soon as they play TEAM BALL!!!! my intention wasnt to blame just comment on my observations.