Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Most Clutch Shot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the most clutch shot/Buzzer beater you have seen at your school?

A few come to mind recently.

In 07-08 In a tie game, Gatlin Clark hit a tough shot off glass to beat, at the buzzer, Johnson Central at their place.

In 08-09 Taylor Ratliff hit a buzzer beater from the foul line against Prestonsburg to get the opening win of the season on the road. The play was funny, he was just supossed to stay out of the way and pressure on the ball ended up getting him the ball.

In 08-09 East Ridge missed a Free-Throw to ice the game and Matt Clevenger threw a pass ahead to Gatlin Clark, who drilled a three from the wing as the buzzer sounded. I thought the game was over, it was awesome.

These should bring back some good/bad memories for folks.

The bad:

09-10 Pikeville leads by 1 at Sheldon Clark. Good defense leads to a forced 35 footer turn-around jumper by BJ Moore, and it somehow finds its way to the glass and in.
2004 54th district tournament, Dan Combs for PCC hits one as time expires to beat Hazard 48-47.
03-04. Lee county vs Owsley county at Lee. Robert Smith hits free throws to put them up by 2 with bout 2 seconds left. In bound comes to Donnie Caudill who launches from the opposite hash mark nothing but net Lee wins by 1. Wouldnt really call that "clutch" but it was intense due to the rivalry between these 2 schools.
Clay County

1997- 1st round of the regional tournament aganist Corbin. Everyone remember the Jason Hibbard free throws with no time on the clock.
2004- Brian Sizemore buries a deep three at Jackson County as time expires to send it to OT. Clay ends up winning in triple overtime. Craziest game I have ever atteneded.
2005- District championship game aganist Rockcastle. Clay beats Rock's press and Rodney Mitchell hits a left hand flip shot as time expires for the district crown.

Now my all time favorite: 2001 at Cawood. Cawood player misses a FT with 3 seconds left to ice the game and Angelo Smith buries one past half court to send it to OT. Clay goes on to win in OT. This was also the last year Clay made it to the state tournament. It's been a long time!
geauxtigers75 Wrote:2004 54th district tournament, Dan Combs for PCC hits one as time expires to beat Hazard 48-47.

Anyone who seen this shot will say it. I seen it from the bench.... Great shot....
06-07 Bell County in the regional tournament at corbin- corbin hit a buzzer beater from the "3" as time expires to advance corbin to the 13th Region Championship game.
East Ridge vs. Pikeville 2008 -9 district tourney - with 35 seconds to go Joel Meade hits a 40 footer to bring ER back within 1 pt,, er then fouls, Pikeville misses freethrow, Korey feilds brings the ball up and holds it on the wing as the clock counts down from 15,, he goes at like three with the floor spread and get to the lane and both pikevilles bigs pick him up for an easy dish and bucke for Micheal Rowe, Everyone thought the game was over for ER with like 2 min left and that was about as big of an upset as Ive seen up here. Dont think Pikevill has recovered or been to the region since! LOL
1998. Sweet 16 semi finals. Rick Jones buries a 35 footer to upset Lexington Catholic (#3 in USA Today) with no time on the clock. Lexington Catholic had been up by 11 with 38 seconds to play.
roll tribe how can you say that shame on you!! i mean come on you know that was luck. cos them lil ol country kids cant beat them city kids remember. hahaha
E.ridge Wrote:roll tribe how can you say that shame on you!! i mean come on you know that was luck. cos them lil ol country kids cant beat them city kids remember. hahaha
Grow up and quit trying to ruin a perfectly good thread.
whats wrong panther thunder?? you can dish it out but you cant take it??
E.ridge Wrote:whats wrong panther thunder?? you can dish it out but you cant take it??
This isn't the place to start a PHS-ER Debate. Next game comes along, I'm all up for it. Until then, keep it out of this thread.
[quote=Panther Thunder]What's the most clutch shot/Buzzer beater you have seen at your school?

A few come to mind recently.

In 07-08 In a tie game, Gatlin Clark hit a tough shot off glass to beat, at the buzzer, Johnson Central at their place.

In 08-09 Taylor Ratliff hit a buzzer beater from the foul line against Prestonsburg to get the opening win of the season on the road. The play was funny, he was just supossed to stay out of the way and pressure on the ball ended up getting him the ball.

In 08-09 East Ridge missed a Free-Throw to ice the game and Matt Clevenger threw a pass ahead to Gatlin Clark, who drilled a three from the wing as the buzzer sounded. I thought the game was over, it was awesome.

These should bring back some good/bad memories for folks.

The bad:

09-10 Pikeville leads by 1 at Sheldon Clark. Good defense leads to a forced 35 footer turn-around jumper by BJ Moore, and it somehow finds its way to the glass and in.[/QUOTE]

That was going to be my shot, lol. Bad news for a Panther fan.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:2004 54th district tournament, Dan Combs for PCC hits one as time expires to beat Hazard 48-47.

I still lose sleep over this one.
2008-2009 season. Retro night for Lewis County against Sheldon Clark. With a couple seconds left, Sheldon Clark leads the Lions of LC 61-60 and on the ensuing possession, Koty Riley of LC drills a 3 pointer as time expires and LC wins 63-61.

And last night, LC up 45-44 with 10 seconds left, Jacob Porter of Russell hits a game-winning three with 2 seconds on the clock. Russell was up 43-35 with a little over 2 and a half minutes to go. Great game, just wish the outcome was different.
Not really my old school since it has been consolidated but in 2001 South Floyd vs Pikeville in the regional semi-finals at Shelby Valley, Newman tips one in for the SF win.
I would have to go with Mike Rowe's lay up against Pikeville to send ER back to the regional tournament in 2008 because that was my senior year. Then I will just go with every game ER played in the 2004 regional tournament beause it seemed like every game ended with a very clutch shot.
oh. How i hate to remember this!
2003-04 Regional semi finals. Sheldon Clark Vs East Ridge At P-burg high. Brandon Ratliff drives baseline puts up a shot that nicks the corner tip of backboard and drops in for the game winner.
Estill County

Trey Gay hits a Buzzer Beating 3 From just beyond Half Court To Give Buckhorn a 47-44 Win @ Estill County

Freshmen Trevor Jenkins hits a Reverse Layup with .1 Second on the Clock to Give the Engineers A 52-50 Victory over Breathitt County
One that I can remember well it was a negative for Pike Central.

I don't remember the year but we played East Ridge in the 15th Region Finals one year.

East Ridge won it at the last second.

Thats all I remember.
Nasty Wrote:oh. How i hate to remember this!
2003-04 Regional semi finals. Sheldon Clark Vs East Ridge At P-burg high. Brandon Ratliff drives baseline puts up a shot that nicks the corner tip of backboard and drops in for the game winner.

Aaron Branham was the one that hit that shot. It was a crazy shot though. Both teams struggled to score all game long and managed to end on a shot like that.
2-8-2011 Travis Canady throws up a shot from the corner at half court with 2.5 seconds. It hit nothing but the net. Knox Central beats Pulaski county at the buzzer by 1pt. Wow!

That one is referred to around here as "The Shot" lol

I would also like to give an honorable mention....
every shot Tate Cox hit in the last 2 minutes against Perry last year in the 14th Region finals.
He was fading away and had hands in his eyes on every play but drilled every one of em.
I've witnessed two in the past 4 years between Pikeville and East Ridge, both buzzer beaters.

2008 59th district tournament, East Ridge vs Pikeville. With 6 seconds left and Pikeville up 1, a Panther guard misses two free throws, East Ridge guard Korey Fields goes coast-to-coast and hands off to center Mike Rowe who lays it up as time expires to upset Pikeville 45-44.

Then, the very next season at East Ridge' gym, Pikeville guard Gatlin Clark hit a three at the buzzer to give Pikeville the 45-44 win(at least I think that was the score).

Another clutch moment, or minute, was last season in the 14th region championship between Knott Central and Perry Central as PCC led by double digits with a couple minutes and change to go. At this point, Tate Cox takes over the game, getting to the line and hitting threes and leads KCC to the epic comeback victory.
About 4-5 years ago an Arnett kid went the length of the court, did a turnaround spin move on a PV player, and took it to the goal for a last second shot to beat us in the finals of a 57th tourney. It used to be on youtube, but I can't find it right now.
TheRealVille Wrote:About 4-5 years ago an Arnett kid went the length of the court, did a turnaround spin move on a PV player, and took it to the goal for a last second shot to beat us in the finals of a 57th tourney. It used to be on youtube, but I can't find it right now.
I found it.

[YOUTUBE="Magoffin Clutch Shot"]xjl9hPk1zYE[/YOUTUBE]