Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Are we as good as the 2009-2010 season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jarons Wrote:[quote=Ballers]I'm really getting sick of this kind of stuff...
It seems like Cal gets crtitized by the UK fans more and more...
What I want to know is, if Cal wasn't the coach...
Who do we get to coach that could do a better job or even just as good job as he is/had done for UK thus far?[/QUOTE]

Tom Izzo, Thad Motta, and Jay Wright

Ok, good coaches...But are they really going to drop what they are doing at their universities and programs to come to UK? Why would any of them leave their programs? I just don't see it happening. Especially the first 2.. Tom Izzo is known for getting to the final 4 very consistently.. Thad Motta has a undefeated team at the moment and is looking for a national title.. Doesn't make sense to me that they would leave those schools that they are doing so well at..

Belfry0304 Wrote:I can't answer that, but I can give you a list of guys who would have guys like Hood, Polson, and the less known guys playing on the level of UK.

Oh really? What are the names of the coaches your referring too and where does their team rank in the nation?
If anyone thinks Kentucky needs a new coach, they need to go hide in fire.
Real Badman Wrote:If anyone thinks Kentucky needs a new coach, they need to go hide in fire.

:Thumbs:
No - and it is not even close. Great teams have more than six players capable of delivering great performances on a given night. Capipari is a great recruiter who failed to replenish the cupboard for this season. His success has always been more due to his recruiting ability than his ability to develop players. Give him a team like the "Unforgettables" and saddle him with the NCAA scholarship limits that welcomed Pitino to UK, and that team would have been extremely forgettable.

That said, I enjoy watching Caplipari's team much more than teams coached by some of his predecessors (specifically, Billy G and Eddie Sutton) but he is not a coach is going to go deep into the tournament without a team deep in talent. Six players will not get it done and he is not capable of developing the talent on the bench in the short time before March Madness.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No - and it is not even close. Great teams have more than six players capable of delivering great performances on a given night. Capipari is a great recruiter who failed to replenish the cupboard for this season. His success has always been more due to his recruiting ability than his ability to develop players. Give him a team like the "Unforgettables" and saddle him with the NCAA scholarship limits that welcomed Pitino to UK, and that team would have been extremely forgettable.

That said, I enjoy watching Caplipari's team much more than teams coached by some of his predecessors (specifically, Billy G and Eddie Sutton) but he is not a coach is going to go deep into the tournament without a team deep in talent. Six players will not get it done and he is not capable of developing the talent on the bench in the short time before March Madness.

HAving 6 players is not typical for a Cal team. He will have a much deeper bench next season, and then we will see him fail in the tournament with no excuses.
Real Badman Wrote:If anyone thinks Kentucky needs a new coach, they need to go hide in fire.

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:HAving 6 players is not typical for a Cal team. He will have a much deeper bench next season, and then we will see him fail in the tournament with no excuses.

Don't 64 teams fail in the tourny every year? So all these teams need new coaches?
You shouldn't fail when you are GREAT RECRUITER as Cal is, now should you!
Benchwarmer Wrote:Don't 64 teams fail in the tourny every year? So all these teams need new coaches?

Those 64 teams don't have the standards that UK does.
Stardust Wrote:You shouldn't fail when you are GREAT RECRUITER as Cal is, now should you!

So 64 teams fail every year with experienced players and the coaches keep their jobs. KY has young talent and when we loose fire the coach?
This is a young team, their gonna lose games, and their going thru a situation that most teams haven't had to deal with, you put Kanter on the floor and this is a top 5 team, and I know that the expectations for KY basketball are high as they should be, but my goodness Cal has turned this program back into a contender, back where they are supposed to be, thats just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!
Benchwarmer Wrote:So 64 teams fail every year with experienced players and the coaches keep their jobs. KY has young talent and when we loose fire the coach?

I never said fire the coach. I don't like him and I don't think he is a good caoch, but I NEVER said fire the coach!
NO WAY is this years team better than last! Maybe shooting wise, but they dont have the talent of last years team or the depth! Last years team didnt need a coach to get to the elite 8, this years team will need a miracle to get there.... I mean John wall as the point and bledsoe as backup, cousin been backed by orton and Ppat speaks of himself! Knight is really the only player that impresses me on this team
^ You are not impressed with Doran Lamb?
ok i guess i was wroung what Cal had said. I walked in the room and just heard were better then last years team. My bad.:bball:
Pages: 1 2