Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sting to WWE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The New York Daily News newspaper is reporting today that wrestling icon Sting has signed a one-year contract with WWE.

Sting, arguably the biggest wrestling star of the past 20 years to never work for WWE, is reportedly a free agent and had not signed another 1-year contract extension with TNA, as he’s done in recent years.

WWE has been interested in working with Sting several times in the past, but the two were never able to come to terms on the specifics (money, schedule, etc.). Additionally, Sting was outspoken about the adult-themed content on WWE television in previous years, but the current PG-era has cleared that hurdle.

After checking with our sources, we are still unable to confirm this story, so for now take this as a rumor – but it’s a major story if this one pans out.

If true, he would almost certainly be working a match at WrestleMania, which takes place from Atlanta, Georgia, the former home of the company Sting had his biggest run in, WCW. Sting vs. The Undertaker has been talked about for years as one of the last big WrestleMania dream matches out there.

We’ll be sure to follow up on this story when new details become available.

http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/w...-with-wwe/
Sting vs Taker would be pretty awesome.
That match-up certainly would make a believable match-up. The WWE has ran out of options to sell to fans in trying to make the fans believe UT could actually lose a match in WM. The plan all along has been for UT to retire after his 20th consecutive WM victory. A match-up with Sting would give fans to believe the streak could end.
Sting vs. Undertaker would allow WWE to, realistically, have 3 main events and not have to put the title around UT's waist.
I hope this turns out to be true.
I dont think anyone is going to believe Undertaker is going to lose. Its pretty much a guarantee he is going to win at WM.
LWC Wrote:Sting vs. Undertaker would allow WWE to, realistically, have 3 main events and not have to put the title around UT's waist.

Sting would create a whole new interest, especially during a time that the WWE's PPV buyrates are down.
Not to get off topic, but what has happened at TNA? Just when they seem to get a little momentum going they lose Nash (I think) and Sting.
Stardust Wrote:Sting would create a whole new interest, especially during a time that the WWE's PPV buyrates are down.

For sure. I honestly believe that WWE could go out and get the most exciting and talented wrestlers in the world and put on a pay-per-view and do okay. Yet, they could get Flair, Hogan, Arn Anderson, Dusty Rhodes, Jimmy Snuka, etc... and have them wrestle and they would sell out every venue in America. I just don't get it.

Don't get me wrong, I would shell out good money for a Flair, Dusty, Jimmy, Arn match in the old days, that would be incredible. Fans today just want the big names. I guess that is why WWE does so well and RoH and others do so poorly.

Eric Bishoff caught onto this fast and made sure WCW had as many older name-rich wrestlers that they could. Smart man.
LWC Wrote:For sure. I honestly believe that WWE could go out and get the most exciting and talented wrestlers in the world and put on a pay-per-view and do okay. Yet, they could get Flair, Hogan, Arn Anderson, Dusty Rhodes, Jimmy Snuka, etc... and have them wrestle and they would sell out every venue in America. I just don't get it.

Don't get me wrong, I would shell out good money for a Flair, Dusty, Jimmy, Arn match in the old days, that would be incredible. Fans today just want the big names. I guess that is why WWE does so well and RoH and others do so poorly.

Eric Bishoff caught onto this fast and made sure WCW had as many older name-rich wrestlers that they could. Smart man.

I would shell out money to see everyone but Dusty. Who in the world would ever want to see Dusty Rhodes wrestle?????????? I would rather see Dennis Stamp wrestle. :biggrin::biggrin:
Breaking news: Handsome Jimmy Valiant to headline Wrestlemania Big Grin

Seriously though, Sting would be awesome!
Westside Wrote:I would shell out money to see everyone but Dusty. Who in the world would ever want to see Dusty Rhodes wrestle?????????? I would rather see Dennis Stamp wrestle. :biggrin::biggrin:

One more tirade like this and I will find someone to BAN YOU!

:biggrin:
LWC Wrote:Breaking news: Handsome Jimmy Valiant to headline Wrestlemania Big Grin

Seriously though, Sting would be awesome!

Give me Handsome Jimmy Valiant and a Paul Jones rematch!
Stardust Wrote:One more tirade like this and I will find someone to BAN YOU!

:biggrin:

LOL! All kidding aside, although the only time I ever rooted for Dusty was when he was fighting the Russians, he was one of the most charismatic, entertaining wrestlers ever.
Oh if ya will!
I hope its true, but I just don't think Sting has too many good matches left. This move should have been made years ago