Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Joey Cecil new coach at Lawrence County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
its not been made public but he is the new coach and will do a great job. Congrats!!!!
Congrats Coach Cecil. He's very deserving of this job and I'm sure he'll do great. I know the kids will be happy with this as well. Goodluck in 2011
Congrats to Coach Cecil! He has definitely put in the work and earned this opportunity.
Was told this earlier this morning. Any chance that one of the coaches that applied would stick around as an assistant?
StrayBullet Wrote:Was told this earlier this morning. Any chance that one of the coaches that applied would stick around as an assistant?

It'll be interesting to see. I would think Alan Short would. I believe he just moved back here and has a job in the school system.
Congrats Cecil! Good hire, Cecil will do great things at LC.
This is awesome. A BL graduate, cant wait to see him.
congrats
foxtrot1 Wrote:It'll be interesting to see. I would think Alan Short would. I believe he just moved back here and has a job in the school system.

Would Drexel Short happen to be his dad?
Drex is his Uncle I think. Drex was quite the athlete my uncle (Eddie Butler) would tell me.
Congrats to Cecil! It was great coaching together and both growing+learning together. One thing is for sure and that is he is a quality man to be leading youth.
If its not made public does that mean the canidates haven't been contacted? If so LC does things real classy and nasty. Real nice for the canidates to find out this way.
bulldog42 Wrote:Drex is his Uncle I think. Drex was quite the athlete my uncle (Eddie Butler) would tell me.
Congrats to Cecil! It was great coaching together and both growing+learning together. One thing is for sure and that is he is a quality man to be leading youth.

Thanks Bulldog. Your uncle told you correctly. He and Jim Bob Michaels were quite a tandom. Is Jim Bob, Jason's dad? Is Jim Bob related to David?
Great hire Dawgs! I'll bet he turns this LC team into a powerhouse just like he did his teams at EAST CARTER..... Come on.

Just because a man is a part of the school system and team already, doesn't make him the best man for the job. From what I heard, the administration has a history of making dumb decisions. I also heard they passed on SEVERAL better qualified coaches. Copley, Hager, Burchett, Short. All of these gentlemen would be a better hire than Cecil. Whatever happened to Lawrence County after the late 90's completely demolished the schools reputation. Poor, sloppy and almost typical judgement. Let's see how many inexperienced coaches he hires on his staff.
Eddie Wayne is Jason's dad. Dave+Jim Bob are his uncles. Jim Bob was the first coach to teach me most of what I knew when I played. Very bright guy back in the day and led the state in scoring I do believe. My uncle played fullback on those teams + I think Mark Hamilton was tailback (his son Chris graduated w me and played at Marshall/Georgetown). Those guys get overlooked in the hisotry of football by a lot of people but they had a nice thing going there in the 70's with the old Louisa High School.
bulldog42 Wrote:Eddie Wayne is Jason's dad. Dave+Jim Bob are his uncles. Jim Bob was the first coach to teach me most of what I knew when I played. Very bright guy back in the day and led the state in scoring I do believe. My uncle played fullback on those teams + I think Mark Hamilton was tailback (his son Chris graduated w me and played at Marshall/Georgetown). Those guys get overlooked in the hisotry of football by a lot of people but they had a nice thing going there in the 70's with the old Louisa High School.

Thanks again. Man, it doesn't seem like it should be that long ago, but Jim Bob and Drexel would have both graduated around '73 or '74. '74 I think.
where u at TSSI?
According to one local news paper Alan Short and John Caudill were also hired as assistants. Coach Cecil will do a dang good job with the program.
Out of the mutitude of Lawrence Co. posters on here only 2 or 3 act like they have the first bit sense and one of them gets called an idiot. Hey foxtrot, considering the mentality of those doing the name calling, consider yourself receiving the ultimate compliment. LOL

:Thumbs:
"Sloppy Joe" will do a very good job with the STUDENT athletes. He is well aware of all the tangibles and intangibles that go with LC athletics. Now if we could persuade BD42 to reconsider the young men would greatly benefit by this. These two guys teach way more important life lessons than football.
John Caudill will be a good strength coach for the Bulldogs.
Congrats to Coach Ceil. He's a class act.
9 Point ...If Joey is in fact hired, than congratulates to him. Fine man we wish him the best. Time will tell if its the correct decision.
Congrats to Cecil!
I agree with Speed Attack. I know two of the canidates very well and neither one has been contacted. If this is officicial its a crummy way to find out. The right thing would have been for the principal or someone from the hiring committee to contact each canidate.
I know the majority of the players wanted Coach Cecil to get the job.
Excellent Choice!! He knows the players and has worked closely with them. He has been at LC for a long time now and will not just run to the next best offer.
Bob Seger Wrote:Out of the mutitude of Lawrence Co. posters on here only 2 or 3 act like they have the first bit sense and one of them gets called an idiot. Hey foxtrot, considering the mentality of those doing the name calling, consider yourself receiving the ultimate compliment. LOL

:Thumbs:

HAHA Thanks and trust me I take posts from those guys with a grain of salt. Not everyone can have an intelligent convo.
When I first heard this I thought why not one of the more experienced applicants, but then I considered the following;
He's young, locally connected and will be around for the long haul.
He is already familiar to the players and he knows their abilities.
He can continued with the momentum that LC has built up over the last few years because of his connection inside the program.
Overall, an excellent choice for the short and long term health of the program!!!
swordfish Wrote:I agree with Speed Attack. I know two of the canidates very well and neither one has been contacted. If this is officicial its a crummy way to find out. The right thing would have been for the principal or someone from the hiring committee to contact each canidate.
Well not to start an argument but I have applied for several jobs over the years and didnt get them and was never notified that I didnt get the job so it just comes with it, Yes it would be nice to tell them if they did or didnt get it but be real it doesnt happen.
Pages: 1 2