Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Taylor County Cardinals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rumor has it that the job was/will be offered to LaRue Co. assistant coach Josh Jaggers. Josh is the son of Marty and grandson of Joe Jaggers.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Rumor has it that the job was/will be offered to LaRue Co. assistant coach Josh Jaggers. Josh is the son of Marty and grandson of Joe Jaggers.

No matter who gets the job, it will be a multi-year rebuilding project. I hope that the fans and Admin. realize that and do not run the guy out of town in 1-2 seasons of losing records.
I heard he was in line for the Marie job when their HC Retires next year. If true I'd wait. If not, I might jump at the opportunity, even if it's not a great one.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:No matter who gets the job, it will be a multi-year rebuilding project. I hope that the fans and Admin. realize that and do not run the guy out of town in 1-2 seasons of losing records.

It loooks like Graves may be the man to lead the rebuilding efforts in TC.
Trenches07 Wrote:It loooks like Graves may be the man to lead the rebuilding efforts in TC.

The scheduling will be the trick to fool the fans and non-football educated people out there and they seen to have scheduled the non-district portion of the schedule very well in 2011.

Their non district is:

Breckinridge County
Hart County
Barren County
McCreary Central
Campbellsville
not sure of the 5th?

District is:
Lexington Catholic
Boyle County
Mercer County
Marion County

Copied from another sports site. I can seen them winning 2-3 games, maybe 4 given an upset.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The scheduling will be the trick to fool the fans and non-football educated people out there and they seen to have scheduled the non-district portion of the schedule very well in 2011.

Their non district is:

Breckinridge County
Hart County
Barren County
McCreary Central
Campbellsville
not sure of the 5th?

District is:
Lexington Catholic
Boyle County
Mercer County
Marion County

Copied from another sports site. I can seen them winning 2-3 games, maybe 4 given an upset.

With as tough as district that they will be in, their non-district could have 5 one legged teams in it and still be justified. They were 1-9 and have scheduled a comaprable schedule, I think it is fair for them. It shouldn't be seen as tricky.
3wishes Wrote:With as tough as district that they will be in, their non-district could have 5 one legged teams in it and still be justified. They were 1-9 and have scheduled a comaprable schedule, I think it is fair for them. It shouldn't be seen as tricky.

By "tricky" I mean smart on their part as far as public opinion is concerned. The public will see them competing and that will make them seem better then what they are in the public's eye, that is the trick.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:By "tricky" I mean smart on their part as far as public opinion is concerned. The public will see them competing and that will make them seem better then what they are in the public's eye, that is the trick.

Gotcha:Thumbs:

Agreed
Taylor County won the District in 2008. What happened to the program after that?
Casey County is the other non district game for Taylor County.
Bluebird Wrote:Taylor County won the District in 2008. What happened to the program after that?

Taylor County underachieved that season with the talent they had. They beat Powell by one I think and was never in the game against Estill. They lost to a below average Wayne County team @ home. The win against Somerset was a great win, but it was one of the biggest shockers in Ky. in this decade. If Coach Graves can take advantage of the talent that the school has on the field, and get the players that are roaming the halls to play, TC has the same opportunities that any other school has Non-District. In district, it will be tough no matter who the coach is.
Where did Leonard Macon end up? He was a very talented player.
Bluebird Wrote:Where did Leonard Macon end up? He was a very talented player.

He has had several problems with the authorities.
Any word on who the new coach is?
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Taylor County underachieved that season with the talent they had. They beat Powell by one I think and was never in the game against Estill. They lost to a below average Wayne County team @ home. The win against Somerset was a great win, but it was one of the biggest shockers in Ky. in this decade. If Coach Graves can take advantage of the talent that the school has on the field, and get the players that are roaming the halls to play, TC has the same opportunities that any other school has Non-District. In district, it will be tough no matter who the coach is.

I don't know if I'd consider that win against Somerset that year a great win. That was a very young Somerset team that finished the year 5-6. I don't see how that can be considered one of the biggest shockers in Kentucky during that decade.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I don't know if I'd consider that win against Somerset that year a great win. That was a very young Somerset team that finished the year 5-6. I don't see how that can be considered one of the biggest shockers in Kentucky during that decade.

Just an opinion. I was basing it on the other games TC had played against average to just above average teams that season.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The scheduling will be the trick to fool the fans and non-football educated people out there and they seen to have scheduled the non-district portion of the schedule very well in 2011.

Their non district is:

Breckinridge County
Hart County
Barren County
McCreary Central
Campbellsville
not sure of the 5th?

District is:
Lexington Catholic
Boyle County
Mercer County
Marion County

Coach Cotton deserves credit for the scheduling here. Very smart! :Thumbs:
I wish them well. It is gonna be a long road.
Who do you see them beating in the non district part of the schedule?
ccreb87 Wrote:Who do you see them beating in the non district part of the schedule?

Maybe Hart and maybe Central. Can't see them beating Cville or Breck IMO
I'm a little confused as to why they let Cotton go and hired Graves? Is this a better choice than what they had?
Coach E Wrote:I'm a little confused as to why they let Cotton go and hired Graves? Is this a better choice than what they had?

What's funny is that the first Coach let go Turpin probably has won more games than both have won.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:What's funny is that the first Coach let go Turpin probably has won more games than both have won.

Unfortunately that is true. But Turpin's record was only like 24-41 over several years. The teams under Turpin at least could compete against the likes of Garrard, Casey, Wayne, Ect...
Any word on who the next coach is.
False Hope Wrote:Any word on who the next coach is.

Graves, the Adair Head coach in 2010.
Didnt he just win like one game last year.
He's a good politician, but is no count as a coach. Taylor Co. will cut him loose soon and be looking again. NOT a good hire, he has had time to turn Adair around and has failed to make improvements. Just my opinion.