Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bowling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone on here like to bowl? Join any leagues? Any good?
I do enjoy bowling, however I am not very good.

I think the highest I ever scored was a 180.
I love bowling. No leagues although. Just a fun game here and there.
In all seriousness, if you are thinking about going to college and you can bowl, PM me.
I think Pikeville College has bowling teams.

In fact, aren't their Women's division one of the elites in the country?
J-Rod Wrote:I think Pikeville College has bowling teams.

In fact, aren't their Women's division one of the elites in the country?

I think Pikeville's girls are really good.
I really enjoying bowling actually. I have my own personalized bowling ball and bowling shoes that glow under a blacklight. I try to bowl once a week or every two weeks. With school and everything its hard to find time. Im that good, but I can compete with amateurs i guess. I average around 150 is all. My highest was a 228, but i bowled out of my mind that night lol and probably wont ever repeat that score. I found that bowling with the same ball night in and night out makes for a more consistent curve and finish. Unfortunately I cant seem to get a ton of strikes, but im confident in my ability to pick up spares.
I enjoy it as well, but I haven't bowled in a while. My high is 202.
Seems like the kids in this area are starting to bowl much more than before. Seems like every time I ask, "Where ya going son?". I get the reply. "We're going bowling."
Truth is, in my area, you have 3 options. Skating, bowling, or a movie. I DO NOT skate. I cant even stand on the dam things. Haha. So thats why a lot around my area go bowling. Otherwise usually just a bunch of friends get together and hang out all night. Nothing else to do.
At one time I was decent
Highest league average 200
Higest league game290(2 times same week)

Have 2 300's each time I was out on a date.

I bowled for the first time in over a year last week and I stunk up the joint.
Highly impressive ^^ If i bowled a perfect game i would feel like Kobe Bryant of bowling lol.
I used to bowl regularly. My wife and I bowled mixed couples as well. Then, I just stopped. It was always a very good time.
Aslan Wrote:I enjoy it as well, but I haven't bowled in a while. My high is 202.

Interesting, my high is 203 hahaha..
I used to go every weekend..
Been a long while since I've went.
I used to go every week....
but I don't really enjoy it much anymore.

The bowling alley in Hazard is full of middleschoolers smoking and running around.
I've seen some drug deals go down inside and outside of the place.
I'm just not a fan of it.
^ I agree. Something should be done about it..
The smoking there has just gotten out of control..
Die of secondhand smoke before you get out of the building!
^I seriously had to take a shower as soon as I got home
I love bowling! I played in a league for 2 years back when I was in high school.
Thankfully here in Ohio they can not smoke inside of the bowling alley.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Thankfully here in Ohio they can not smoke inside of the bowling alley.

I'm jealous!
Bowling is supposed to be a KHSAA sanctioned sport in the next year or two. A lot of high schools in the Lexington/Bluegrass area already have club teams competing for a state championship.