Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middle School State Tournament 7th grade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It gets started Friday, lets hear everyones thoughts.
In case anyone was wondering...

Here are the 1st round games:

http://www.playkba.com/Documents/2011%20...0Games.pdf

And here is the tournament bracket:

http://www.playkba.com/Documents/2011%20...%20NEW.pdf
The only loss McNabb 7th grade has is to Shelby West at Christmas and that was only by two points. I think it is funny that McNabb drew LCA and they get to play first round game at LCA.
If they lose to LCA they need to come on home. Not a very talented team.
Who are some of the better teams? I know Knox Middle, Elkhorn, Shelby West are really good teams. Give us some idea as to who to watch. Looking forward to watching some of the better talent in the state.
North Pulaski, Barren County and Bowling Green all have very good teams. Definitely worth watching.
dozerdawg707 Wrote:Who are some of the better teams? I know Knox Middle, Elkhorn, Shelby West are really good teams. Give us some idea as to who to watch. Looking forward to watching some of the better talent in the state.

Shelby West does have a really good team. They easily defeated Oldham County in the Mid-Bluegrass Conference Championship last night. They are very quick and athletic.
McNabb will be a tough team. At Christmas they led Shelby West by 8 points in the 4th quarter before losing by 2. Very good guards and Combs in the middle at 6'5".
I like Shelby West, they were very good last year in the 6th grade tournament and now they have done very well this year as 7th graders. They will make a run at the State Championship
Just saw in a local paper that McNabb's 7th grade is 27-1 with te only loss to Shelby West at Christmas.
i coach shelby west 7th and am looking for travel teams for several of my players. any information would be appreciated.
Louisa opened up Friday night with a loss to Chavies
Saturday they beat Scott Co. by 8, East Jessamine by 24 and Clay County by 2
Sunday they beat Wayne County by 2 in triple ot, Chavies by 21
Louisa ran out of gas and lost in the finals to a very good Knox Middle by a bunch.

Congratulations Knox Middle on the Middle School State Championship.
Navajo4life Wrote:I like Shelby West, they were very good last year in the 6th grade tournament and now they have done very well this year as 7th graders. They will make a run at the State Championship

Shelby West had a very nice team.

This is the bracket after Saturday.
dozerdawg707 Wrote:Shelby West had a very nice team.

How did they do?
Shelby West lost to Crosby on Saturday 50-42. Crosby had a nice team also. Crosby made it to Sunday Elite 8.
The Final Four was Knox Middle vs. Elkhorn and Louisa Vs. Chavies
Very nice showing by Louisa. Congratulations on being runner-up.
congrats to knox co middle for the kba state championship. they are a great team. good luck in 8th grade state
Here is the 7th grade bracket the way it played out.

Once again congratulations Knox Middle School.

Congrats to Knox.

Watched Louisa play as they are in our conference and want to congratulate them on 2nd place. Great showing.
Congrats to Knox County. From what I saw they were THE team to beat in the whole thing. Well deserved. The left side of the bracket was by far lighter competition than the right side and it showed in the end. The right side was LOADED. You had Knox Co, Shelby West, Crosby, Holmes, McNabb, Elkhorn, Northern Pulaski, & Christian Co, Garrard Co was decent...Wayne Co and Louisa were about the only 2 in the other side, Clay Co was a decent team too I guess.

Another thing I'd like to address is the teams that forfeit or dropped out. I was surprised to see Barren County with a "forfeit" next to their name. There were others, but that's the one that stuck out to me. They're a good little team. And that reminded me of Shelby West from last years 6th grade tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't they advance to the elite 8 and quit?

My point being, if you don't want to play, don't sign up. It's that simple. It jacks up the brackets for the rest of us.
I believe the Barren County problem was due to weather. They said that there was 5 inches of snow and ice there and the school would not allow them to come. I don't know about any others but I do know the Louisa vs. Wayne County game was a great game.
I am from Louisa and I can tell you this, we only had seven players and played 7 games in about 36 hours. I don't think we could beat Knox even when we are rested but we can play them closer than we did in the finals. I am sure they were tired too but we were and we are still gassed. There were several really good teams that deserve a bunch of credit. Knox is clearly the best team. Their second team probably would make it to Sunday.
I find it hard to believe on the Barren Co issue when 50+ other teams from the state are "allowed" to play by their school systems. There were teams there from all around Barren Co who showed. I know how competitive Barren Co normally is, that's why it was a shock to me.

I get what you're saying about being gassed. I noticed a couple teams who only had like 2-3 extra players on their bench. That's tough in tournament play. We actually played on Thursday night also, I'm sure others did as well.

I couldn't make it to Sunday, but I did hear that the Wayne Co / Louisa game was as competitive in the stands as it was on the court. What happened with that? Would have loved to have seen that game. Emotions were high. Congrats on getting to the title game. Louisa looked good from the little I got to see them.
I will just say it was very competitive on and off the court. Mommas got hot. lol
Wildcat 18, they did make it to Sunday last year, but it they did not just quit, the Superintendent told them and their principal told them, that they could not play on a Sunday and this was NEVER discussed with the coached until they won Saturday night, then the Superintendent and Principal basically told the coach that if they went on Sunday, he would be fired.... They did not QUIT
Thanks for the clarification navajo. That was very unprofessional of the Superintendent and the Principal for waiting until the final day to make that decision known. That decision affected a lot of kid's across the state. Would they have done the same this year, had they made it to Sunday? I know our parents and students/players would have been furious. I'm sure theirs were as well. I'm kind of surprised that a parent didn't step up and offer to coach that day, as to not let the kids down and not put the coach on the hot seat. I was excited to see them play this year. They had a decent run.
Sometimes it is known up front that "if we make it to Sunday, we will not be here". All the KBA wants is the money and if you forfiet on Sunday it is fine. There are more important things than basketball.
You're right. There are more important things than basketball, especially on Sundays. That said, this is the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. This isn't a little rinky-dink tournament. You're in it to win it. It's a competition.
Wildcat18 Wrote:You're right. There are more important things than basketball, especially on Sundays. That said, this is the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. This isn't a little rinky-dink tournament. You're in it to win it. It's a competition.

It is a state championship among teams that want to enter it. There are not any qualifying rounds. A true state championship would have qualifying rounds and EVERYONE would have a chance to win it, not just teams that are willing to enter it. Some teams even use this competition as a means to improve their teams. I do not mean to take away this tournament. If you win, you have done something, but it cannot be compared to a State Championship.
Pages: 1 2