Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sources: Titans Intend To Try To Trade QB Vince Young
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Tennessee Titans intend to try to trade quarterback Vince Young rather than release him, according to league sources.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6073922
Great, get aleast something out of him.
MVP2 Wrote:Great, get aleast something out of him.

agreed
What can you expect to get for him? He has a fictitious winning record and is a head-case!
Honestly, anything is better than nothing. Heck, a 7th round draft would be better than nothing. Those dont always turn out to be bad (Tom Brady).
Smart by the Titans franchise.

I think the Titans will get a really good trade. Because you know their is some franchise that is gonna think they can tame Vince Young's temper tantrums.
Stardust, I will give you the fact that his winning record is a little inflated, in relation to how good of a QB he is, but his record is SOOOO good. With a record that good, you have to be a winner. Remember the Titans record BEFORE he took over last season? The only change was at QB and he lead them to, (I think) 8 straight wins.

As overhyped as he is, he takes care of the most important stat: wins.
Heck, trade him to the Redskins for Haynesworth back.
LWC Wrote:Stardust, I will give you the fact that his winning record is a little inflated, in relation to how good of a QB he is, but his record is SOOOO good. With a record that good, you have to be a winner. Remember the Titans record BEFORE he took over last season? The only change was at QB and he lead them to, (I think) 8 straight wins.

As overhyped as he is, he takes care of the most important stat: wins.

Umm, does anyone give Boise St and BYU credit for having undefeated seasons in college football? Has anyone been truly impressed with San Diego State and the undefeated run they started this season off with?

No. The argument that they have such great records is that they play inferior competition and if they played in the SEC, Big East, ACC, etc..., these teams would be middle of the pack.

Young's record is the same as these teams. He has a great career record as a starter, but he is 13-14 against teams with a winning record. A sub .500 record does not make you an outstanding QB, it puts you in the middle of the pack and no better than that.
MVP2 Wrote:Heck, trade him to the Redskins for Haynesworth back.

I think Haynesworth likes where he's at lol
Strikeout King Wrote:The Tennessee Titans intend to try to trade quarterback Vince Young rather than release him, according to league sources.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6073922

"Try" is the key word here. IMO, they might as well cut him. Cause I just don't see anyone wanting him.
MVP2 Wrote:Heck, trade him to the Redskins for Haynesworth back.

SHUT YOUR MOUTH....OMG!!!!

If the SKINS go after him....OMG...I just don't want to even think about it! :HitWall:
Goodluck trading him. He's do a large roster bonus 10 days after the start of the league year. I think it's somewhere around 4 million. No team will be crazy enough to pay him that plus salary. He'll end up being released and then signed.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think Haynesworth likes where he's at lol

You got to be kidding?

OffTheHook Wrote:SHUT YOUR MOUTH....OMG!!!!

If the SKINS go after him....OMG...I just don't want to even think about it! :HitWall:

LOL, that is funny Hook. Nah, I would really like to see Haynesworth back in TN. The Titans could deff use a pass rusher in the middle and someone to clog up the middle on 3rd down.